Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2016 [Project Completed and forwarded to YK]

Which idea should we make this year into a Birthday present ?

• Cover album (+ booklet for non-musicians/singers)

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Story book (about how we each came to know YK through her works)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Video (greetings, messages, how to say certain phrases in our languages)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Jazzed-up version of Happy Birthday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Collage (unspecified theme)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Transcribing Aria is painful, I've never really transcribed so it's a new interesting challenge. I just took a look at it and it seems like 90% of my notes are wrong . :...:
At least I seem to get the timing relatively right

I would like to sing "Gogatsu no mahou", "Hikari Furu" or "Gloria", Wacchan's parts, so If one Keiko and Hikaru want to join me :P

I can sing whatever! I sing at Keiko's range, though I'm able to do some of Hikaru's parts, depending on the song (ie. One Light, Gogatsu no Mahou, Gloria, Believe)

I am playing sapphire on the violin, I have it transcribed already. I also have Mahiru if anyone wants to sing or play it. I can scan it in and give it to them. I think I have Kaze no Machi e too, but that was from the site.

Mahiruuuuuu +w+ It should be also a very interesting song to cover <3
Of "Gloria" I have a piano cover, for "HF" there's the instrumental, but for "Gogatsu no mahou" I haven't a base :(

I went through the entire thread, so if you’ve changed your mind (or if I didn’t read your post correctly), just make a note (@george1234 I guess you should put this on the first post?)

Best of Yuki Kajiura: Canta-Per-Me Cover Album
  1. canta per me - ?
  2. ? happy birthday (feat. Kajiurago?) - ?
  3. vanity - @StarCloud (vocal)
  4. Magia (tv size) - @nodame89
  5. Musunde Hiraku - @Atlas Star (piano+vocals)
  6. Kaze no Machi e - @Kowz
  7. ARIA - @LacrimosaRaven (acapella)
  8. you are my love - @magicmagiamahou (acapella)
  9. sis puella magica - @magicmagiamahou (acapella)
  10. Gogatsu no Mahou, Hikari Furu, or Gloria - @HimeWakana (Wakana’s vocal)
  11. sapphire - @Liana_Ilia (violin)
what should the cap of number of songs be? @Atlas Star suggested 13-20
also, should it be limited to one song per person singing solo? what about collabs?

@Atlas Star can play piano for Gloria, Mahiru, Yane no Mukou ni, seventh heaven, Ensei

@sprinterXkyrie can play guitar for Hikari no Senritsu, adore, Kyrie, lirica, Lacrimosa, Kimi no Gin no Niwa, misterioso, in every nothing, lapis, heavenly blue, ring your bell, One Light, obbligato, Koibito, Gogatsu no Mahou, Alleluia, far on the water

@Westkana can play the opening flute part of Hikari no Senritsu

@Liana_Ilia can play violin for I swear, vanity, my long forgotten sleep, canta per me, sapphire. She has sheet music for Mahiru if anyone wants it

y'all might be able to find some of maou’s sheet music on the internet archive

Booklet
@aki
@Westkana

how do we want to do the booklet? A collection of anything or themed? Previous suggestions:
I am liking this idea, making a cover soundtrack and a booklet to go along with it.
Those who don't want to make covers can work on the booklet, maybe someone can make some drawings for it, would be cool to have a cover for the soundtrack.
Others can take photos of things they think suits Yuki's music and we can use them as backgrounds for each page in the booklet. Maybe write in a corner where the photos were taken to show her where her fans come from.
And then people can write massages to her that we can put on the pages, or something else...I don't know.
E.g. canta per me (since I agree, if we make a cover album, this song needs to be on there). If this is one of someone's favorite songs, they could write why. Someone could tell YK their favourite lyrics. Someone can draw/paint how they visualize the song, or submit a photo they associate the song with and why. Heck, maybe someone might want to share with YK how the lyrics are in their native language.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd LOVE to do yane no mukou ni as a collab, but I'd be happy to help out in any song!

Storia or Canta Per Me would be a good collab song. Particularly the latter as it's the name for the site.

I'm definiety doing Aria, I'm already deep in transcription as it is.

@aki : done, however i disagree with the album title. These songs arent the "best of" but those the members can afford to sing
so it would be nicer if it was something like "Yuki Kajiura Birthday Present 2016: Members cover album"

@HimeWakana I think that Hikari Furu would be better because all the girls have solo parts unlike GnM and Gloria where Keiko only does harmony.

I need someone for instrumental part, Wakana and Keiko. Anyone wants to help?

Back