Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2016 [Project Completed and forwarded to YK]

Which idea should we make this year into a Birthday present ?

• Cover album (+ booklet for non-musicians/singers)

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Story book (about how we each came to know YK through her works)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Video (greetings, messages, how to say certain phrases in our languages)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Jazzed-up version of Happy Birthday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Collage (unspecified theme)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you're just bitter that most people are oriented towards the cover album. I'm not appreciating your condescending tone towards the idea of a cover album that roots from the fact that you don't feel competent enough to contribute to the cover album. You've only been trying to distract us away from the idea of a cover album since the very beginning. What's the problem with splitting the project into two parts?

Please. This is just a birthday gift to Kajiura. Don't act like it's life or death. No one really gives a shit if you're to be "counted out" of the cover album.

I dont mind what idea will end up being materialised, i m just saying that i cant really contribute if its the cover songs one. You got it all wrong. Also i dont have an idea that i promote myself so what's the point to disorient you ?

I am making a poll for the ideas as listed by aki.
Then we can combine winning ideas or make pollls for meters of the winning one, eg if we make cover album, which songs to cover.

Poll is up
  • durates for 15 days (April 27 - May 12)
  • you may choose 1 option
  • you may change your vote
  • if there is winner soon we can proceed before poll closes.

Last edited:
@D-chan2510: wow: that was pretty cool. Though wouldn't there be a problem with the copyright laws in using one of her songs? I know youtube has been a stickler for that nowadays.

Also for the singing of Happy Birthday, there is a copyright for that of like $3 I think. lol It's so weird since you hear restaurants singing it so now I think 'oh, they have to pay'

If we do the cover I ask again can I just play something or will we have to sing again? Or I can help out with the booklet too.

I think I am going to try and play sapphire, since I have it written out and I can play it better than Mahiru. Even though I have to be in the right mood for listening to sapphire. I love the song, but it's so melancholy. heh

I love the song, but it's so melancholy. heh
Me too. I was listening to neverending and figured out it's something I could play. Although I'm not too confident enough to play it for the birthday project. I'll definitely be singing and give that my all.

I don't know what I want to sing, It'd be accaeplla but that's cool, either that or some odd sounding MIDI file accompaniment. It doesn't sound that bad actually. I've messed with MuseScore a couple times.

I'm thinking, I swear or maybe Progressive/Aria if I can get down to it, though idk yet.

Canta Per Me would be an oddly fitting song. I'll look into that one too.

@Kugayama is there a deadline for submissions? When is Yuki's birthday?
Also I think almost all of the unofficial sheet music links are broken. At least anything by Maou is but it seems people have re-uploaded those files so perhaps the links should be re-done if people have time spare.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing two songs
Acapella of you are my love and sis puella magica...
ahh there's so many other songs I want to do thoooo

Back