Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2016 [Project Completed and forwarded to YK]

Which idea should we make this year into a Birthday present ?

• Cover album (+ booklet for non-musicians/singers)

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Story book (about how we each came to know YK through her works)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Video (greetings, messages, how to say certain phrases in our languages)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Jazzed-up version of Happy Birthday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Collage (unspecified theme)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uh... what if you are too embarrassed to sing again as my voice was not really good in everlasting songs... and I couldn't play the violin as well as I could then. Can it be an instrumental one like just violin? I have a couple of songs I could practice and could record, but I am not confident in my ability to play either and don't want to screw it up terribly. But I would try my hardest if that's what we're going to do and even have my violin teacher play a piano part. If not then I can help with the liner notes part.

But should we make some other ideas so that people who can't sing or play can participate, and so that we can make a poll?

I see many opting for covers but is there any kind of alternative project in mind for those of us who aren't great singers? I'm really not one and given most of her songs are written for women, pretty hard for me to hit most of those high keys, you know what I mean?

Υes there could be something like that. I suck at singing and dont know any instrument so i will have nothing to do if we do only these covers.

^Yeah, maybe how each of us came to know her through her works? I know we picked our favorite song or lyric before, so I was thinking of that.

Ok so here are the previously unused ideas per year.

- compilation of covers / arrangements of songs
- misheard lyrics
- write our own lyrics that fit the rhythm of a son
- PV song of Kalafina / FJ / etc
- PV with us in

(used up all ideas)

- A catalogue of outfit designs (handmade or digital) for Yuki and her girls (formal, casual, unique in each country etc.) - we just need to know their current stats though for more accurate designs lol
- A video showing each one of us greeting Yuki and express how we really love her and her music
- inspiring landscapes or traditional art from our countries?

- rewriting the lyrics for one of Yuki Kajiura's songs wishing her a happy birthday or something.... or has that idea been used already
- Sing a (birthday) song

Collage with anime version of CPMe Members.
Collage with real photos of CPMe Members.
Collage with favourite things (headphones etc).

In missing years there were no alternate suggested ideas that arent used already.

Last edited:
- A video showing each one of us greeting Yuki and express how we really love her and her music

I like this idea. Maybe this could be the other project I was talking about. If some other members did their own videos and shared some things about the country they live in and then put a little bit of Japanese in as a joke or something that could be cute. Or the people who can speak Japanese can just talk in Japanese.

Also: Teaching her phrases from our country so she could visit some time. Like = "arigatou gozaimashita" in (insert language here) is (whatever)

If we're going to sing songs I feel like more of her English/ kaijurago songs would be appropriate. I'd be worried about screwing up pronunciation.

@Westkana already transcribed I Swear on musescore so we could easily work off that. Ensei could also work really well seeing as it only has a very simple piano part.

However much like @magicmagiamahou said I don't think many of us have good recording equipment other than our laptops and phones so it might not have the greatest quality ever.

Otherwise a birthday song is a good idea. We could write lyrics and personalise it too, we could like... make up a part about how Kaijura's music has inspired us and fit it into the happy birthday rhythm

so far i'm interested in that collage project. No new ideas

I suggest a "Best of Kajiura Yuki's compositions: Cover Album by Canta-Per-Me". Fill it with 13-20 tracks. Those who don't want to sing can make the "liner notes" for the album and fill the album booklet up with whatever they want to write to kajiura.
I am liking this idea, making a cover soundtrack and a booklet to go along with it.
Those who don't want to make covers can work on the booklet, maybe someone can make some drawings for it, would be cool to have a cover for the soundtrack.
Others can take photos of things they think suits Yuki's music and we can use them as backgrounds for each page in the booklet. Maybe write in a corner where the photos were taken to show her where her fans come from.
And then people can write massages to her that we can put on the pages, or something else...I don't know.
I think that will give everyone something to do.
But whatever you guys choose to make for Yuki this year, I wanna try to help if I can.

Oh P.S. If we are making a cover soundtrack we need to make a cover of Canta Per Me, I mean come on, a Canta Per Me cover by CPM members just has to exist.:ohoho:

Yes! That is a wonderful idea T-rond. About the photos I mean. It will be more personal than searching for them on Google or something, like last year. (Was it last year? I thought so, the photo of where we are from and then our favorite lyric of a song and messages) But I would not want to take a video of me singing Happy Birthday, or even record it. (I am so embarrassed by my singing ability compared to Yuki's artists) But I could maybe do that and play it on the violin as well. It would be better than trying to learn a song, even though I have played some before.

So are we for sure doing a compilation album for those who want to participate? I could maybe do I swear, vanity, my long, forgotten cloistered sleep (love this song so much), and maybe canta per me. But there again I would be scared to screw up.

I'm fine with doing a cover album. I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to sing, since I don't have a good time or place to record. Plus my singing is horrible :hide:

I can probably do something on my clarinet, maybe cover some of Rie Akagi's flute parts. I can also help with the booklet.

Back