Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2016 [Project Completed and forwarded to YK]

Which idea should we make this year into a Birthday present ?

• Cover album (+ booklet for non-musicians/singers)

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Story book (about how we each came to know YK through her works)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Video (greetings, messages, how to say certain phrases in our languages)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Jazzed-up version of Happy Birthday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Collage (unspecified theme)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

george1234

Head here for previous projects and here for last year's . Yuki Kajiura is celebrating this year her 50th Birthday. Should we make one for this year ? Not much to thank her about for 2015-16, she has been mostly inactive (except Bokumachi and Kalafina). Will have to look at older threads for leftover ideas. The reason why i made it later this year was because the participation becomes less and less, so shall we try to make it open to visitors too ?

In 2008 we did a webpage with wishes from everyone and drawings by ズuiyon and coloured by Kerahna, in 2009 we didnt because we made a scrapbook for Kalafina because they were visiting AnimeBoston, and in 2010 we did the CPM cover of everlasting song, decorated by a ズuiyon drawing again. In 2011 we did a "Happy Birthday" phrases collage (however this wasnt sucessful since it was the only time we didnt got a response from Yuki) and in 2012 we did a foodbook were we gathered recipes from every participant member's country as well as articles about a country's traditional foods, that were wrote by teams that were formed by members that leaved in neibouring countries. In 2013 we did a photobook, with pictures of landscapes from participant member's countries and countries they have visited (+ map). In 2014 a book with favourite songs (fav lyrics) and text saying why we liked them ( + some drawings). In 2015 a a book containing live reports, CD / merchandise collection pictures, messages, and artwork

Participation List

[EDIT May 29:]

@george1234 5/29 update
@Atlas Star can play piano for Gloria, Mahiru, Yane no Mukou ni, seventh heaven, Ensei

@sprinterXkyrie can play guitar for Hikari no Senritsu, adore, Kyrie, lirica, Lacrimosa, Kimi no Gin no Niwa, misterioso, in every nothing, lapis, heavenly blue, ring your bell, One Light, obbligato, Koibito, Gogatsu no Mahou, Alleluia, far on the water

@Westkana can play the opening flute part of Hikari no Senritsu (but on a clarinet). Can play for other songs

@Liana_Ilia can play violin for I swear, vanity, my long forgotten sleep, canta per me, sapphire. She has sheet music for Mahiru if anyone wants it

y'all might be able to find some of maou’s sheet music on the internet archive
Booklet
@aki (artwork)
@Westkana
@HimeWakana
@juchanx3
@sprinterXkyrie (artwork)
@Liana_Ilia
@philadelphin

proposed song completion date: August 1st

SUBMISSION LIST (already submitted material)
(last update: August 3)

SONGS

Hime Wakana & magicmagiamahou & LacrimosaRaven

• Hikari Furu
HW: Wakana, magicmagiamahou: Hikaru, LacrimosaRaven: Keiko

HimeWakana & HibikuX & SpiricaRose
  • Gloria
HW: Wakana, Hibiku: Hikaru, Spirica: Keiko

philadephin
  • here we stand in the morning dew
  • I have a dream

Westkana
-
  • Hikari no Senritsu (strings instrumental)
Kagaribi no Hanabira
  • Akatsuki no Kuruma
  • Ring your song
HibikuX
  • Gloria (Hikaru part) see top
Liana_Ilia
  • sapphire (violin)
Adhara
  • Red Moon
  • Everytime you kissed me
Κοwz & Atlas Star
  • Ballad
Juchanx3 and friends (Juliette, Davi, Levi)
  • Kiichigo no Shigemi ni
Credits:
Arrangement: Juliete/Davi/Levi
Violin: Juliete
Cello: Levi
Piano: Davi

Atlas Star
  • lapis
T-rond
  • Beach (instr cover)
  • Canta per me (instr cover - pending vocal by someone else)
Atlas Star & Canta per me Covers & Kirito
  • Yane no Mukou ni
Vocals: Atlas Star, CantaPerMeCovers, Kirito
Mix: CantaPerMeCovers

Hereson (Netherlands) and friends (Kanachi [Phillippines], Yorozuya [UK])
  • Decretum & Sworldland (instr)
  • Heavenly Blue (solo)
  • My Long Forgotten Cloistered Sleep (orch arrange voc Yorozuya)
  • Sore wa Chiisana Hikari no Youna (Hereson & Kanachi)
Canta per me covers
  • sprinter
nodame89
  • Magia
magicmagiamahou
  • Hikari Furu (Keiko parts) see top
  • Mahiru acapella cover
Spirica Rose
  • Gloria (Keiko parts) see top

BOOKLET

Drawings

HimeWakana
Arabesque
Juchanx3
sprinterxkyrie
Tsiih
george1234

Liana_Ilia
george1234
WestKana

Last edited:
This year is her 51st birthday...

I don't have many ideas... Maybe another cover? My vote is for open your heart, similar to the arrangement on the 2010-2013 LIVE Best Album (more Kajiuriago parts so more singing parts).

I can sing in cover if it is a need. Maybe a YK history book with photos and text?

I'm definitely in! I'm not a good singer but the idea of the cover of Open your heart is really good!

13-20 tracks it's a lot. I'm not too good in singing but it is acceptable to listen :XD:So which songs we would to cover? Open your heart and something else?

I would do Vanity.
And Liminality if someone has the version with music only.
ahahahahahahaha

Before just loving an idea what about thinking if its possible to achieve ?
We had previously done an everlasting songs cover but it took alot of time since we had to find people to record instruments too.
Will you use just karaoke this time ? and what if a song doesnt have one ?

I will anyway gather up unused ideas from older threads and post them here.

Without karaoke it would be difficult to make it. Only one song would be good. And everyone has a one verse and refrain together

People can just cover whatever they want and add it to the album. Doesn't need everyone on every song- do it FJ style. 1 to 4 singers on each song. 13-20 is actually not that much coming from a forum of how many members?

Edit: Yes, karaoke tracks would be great. People can make their own music track if they would like.

Maybe we could also do some audio editing for some tracks. I can use Audacity, and maybe create a semi-karaoke track using some of the live versions (or studio, but they would still have the harmonies) of songs with the "Vocal Remover" tool. One example of this would be in this cover of Hanamori no Oka studio version (I didn't create it). Though Kaori can be heard echoing in the background, she's not overpowering the person covering at all:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lde6I4HyCls

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are going to do this we should decide what songs to be on the album, not too many and only on singer can do a solo song. eg. I would love to sing kaze no machi e or liminality by myself.

Ok, I want Yume no Tsubasa! Anyone wants to sing it with me? I choose this one because it's easy

Back