Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2016 [Project Completed and forwarded to YK]

Which idea should we make this year into a Birthday present ?

• Cover album (+ booklet for non-musicians/singers)

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Story book (about how we each came to know YK through her works)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Video (greetings, messages, how to say certain phrases in our languages)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Jazzed-up version of Happy Birthday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Collage (unspecified theme)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@HimeWakana
It's the opposite for me, I can't really sing but I have a few instruments I can play.

How do we decide what the project will be? If we are going for the soundtrack and booklet idea we should probably start as soon as possible.
I think I'm gonna start working on something soon just in case, I was planing on making some covers anyway.
I made a few covers a while back...haven't been motivated to make more lately, but now the motivation is back. :kungfu:

If you end up making cover album count me out. I will be just making the participant and submission lists (cant sing/play instrument/write music)

If we do the cover album, we also need to know what songs we're doing. Maybe a write-in poll would be good.

@T-rond ooooh XDD Anyway yes we should create a general pool for all the ideas, like the previous years and collecting the votes!! :) :) An album with CPM covers would be really interesting

I think we should do something that includes everyone, not everyone have the talent of playing an instrument or singing. We should do something that anyone can be capable of doing. Just my thaughts!

I have another idea! We can make a short video, from around 5-7 minutes with a greeting message to her. We can collect message from all the members who wants to participate and make a text with it. About the video, I think we could add really good effects on it and use one or two instrumental song from her. Just an idea that passed through my mind, I don't know if someone had already mentioned it years before.

If you end up making cover album count me out. I will be just making the participant and submission lists (cant sing/play instrument/write music)
I think you're just bitter that most people are oriented towards the cover album. I'm not appreciating your condescending tone towards the idea of a cover album that roots from the fact that you don't feel competent enough to contribute to the cover album. You've only been trying to distract us away from the idea of a cover album since the very beginning. What's the problem with splitting the project into two parts?

Please. This is just a birthday gift to Kajiura. Don't act like it's life or death. No one really gives a shit if you're to be "counted out" of the cover album.

Okay, for a cover album we need a list 10-15 tracks perhaps. So far these are all the ideas everyone has suggested.
Happy Birthday
Canta Per Me
I Swear
In My Long Forgotten Cloistered Sleep
Vanity

These all seem like good ideas and we could always play around with the track list later. I don't think most people have anything better than an iPhone to record with though and getting backing tracks for songs may be a hassle. However if this project is the one CPM chooses we really need as much time as possible

I can play the intro to vanity on piano, but I don't think that's enough lmao.

I'll contribute something (read: probably a drawing) to the booklet.

just thinking a bit more into the future... where would uploading said Cover Album be best? Soundcloud?

EDIT: though maybe we should have an "official" vote before going head-on planning for this

I'm procrastinating so here's a list of the ideas people have expressed interest for:
  • Cover album (+ booklet for non-musicians/singers)
  • Story book (about how we each came to know YK through her works)
  • Video (greetings, messages, how to say certain phrases in our languages)
  • Jazzed-up version of Happy Birthday
  • Collage (unspecified theme)

If it was the final choice, I can contribute to booklet through artworks. :)

And if Atlas will do some piano accompaniment, I can contribute a little bit for acoustic guitar, here's some I can play :)

-Hikari no Senritsu
-Adore
-Kyrie
-Lirica
-Lacrimosa
-Kimi no Gin no Niwa
-Misterioso
-in every nothing
-lapis
-heavenly blue
-Ring your bell
-One Light
-Obbligato
-Koibito no Mukashi...
-Gogatsu no Mahou
-Alleluia
-far on the water

some are TV size only haha...like Sprinter, Magia, TTB, manten, believe, parallel hearts, eternal blue and stone cold lol xD

@aki Lol when I saw "Video greetings", I thought it said video game :ohoho:

Anyway, maybe we could combine the cover album booklet with the story book? It doesn't seem that many ideas have been stated about what would actually go in the booklet, just that we're doing one. I think this would be a good place to do do this idea, since it would provide a good alternative to lyrics, if we decide not to incorporate those into it (since she's the one who wrote them).

Like I said before, I can cover some instrumental parts on my clarinet if need be. I've already practiced the opening flute part to Hikari no Senritsu (even though there's already an instrumental; practiced both the original notes & 1 octave down since clarinet notes that high can be relatively squeaky imo :hide:), but I can transcribe/transpose some other parts if needed. My only limit is that I probably can't do anything super fast or complicated like the intro violin solo from the world.

@aki Lol when I saw "Video greetings", I thought it said video game :ohoho:
I'm not sure how YK would react to a video game as her bday present lmao
Anyway, maybe we could combine the cover album booklet with the story book? It doesn't seem that many ideas have been stated about what would actually go in the booklet, just that we're doing one. I think this would be a good place to do do this idea, since it would provide a good alternative to lyrics, if we decide not to incorporate those into it (since she's the one who wrote them).
I do have some ideas for the booklet, actually. Of course we could go with it being sort of a compilation of anything, really, but I think it would be nice to have uniformity. By that I mean try to keep what's in the booklet somehow related to the songs being covered.

E.g. canta per me (since I agree, if we make a cover album, this song needs to be on there). If this is one of someone's favorite songs, they could write why. Someone could tell YK their favourite lyrics. Someone can draw/paint how they visualize the song, or submit a photo they associate the song with and why. Heck, maybe someone might want to share with YK how the lyrics are in their native language.

I know this would be limiting, but I think the product could be pretty nice.

tl;dr I've put more thought into this than my history paper due at noon

Last edited by a moderator:
td;dr I've put more thought into this than my history paper due at noon
Lmao xD

We could easily put the storybook/ collage elements into the album book too, then everyone can do something they feel comfortable doing.
also @sprinterXkyrie you know so many guitar parts! How did you learn them all?!

^self taught ;)
listening to YK/kalafina music a million times so you can recognize the song chords/tabs by yourself. Too lazy to transcribe tho, sorry xD

I think you guys should make a poll as soon as possible so we won't be late again lol. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back