BD/DVD: Kalafina “9+ONE” at Tokyo International Forum Hall A [Release: Nov 1st]

^Yeah, she was a little shaky until after Lacrimosa, then she owned every song pretty much.

Keiko seemed a little loud at times this time instead of Hikaru, at least in my opinion. I will type up my report on it soon. I really enjoyed Magia, which I don't listen to often, but the visuals were just amazing! I love it when they do cool stuff like this. Lindsey Stirling does it with Shadows on her live shows, she has projection screens and everything. It's great.

Haru wo Matsu was pretty. Hikaru was so pretty in it, not choppy like the recorded. Wakana and Keiko were both amazing. Really pretty live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listened to the mp3 rip and tbh i'm not really impressed lol - maybe it's because i'm not watching it so i don't really feel the "magical" moment. Hikaru was being the struggling Hikaru, Wakana was okay I guess and Keiko seemed to shout a lot and they muffled her shouting at some point

Also that bluray rip size is so effing huge i won't waste my time downloading smth that i prolly end up deleting later lol

Hmmmm huge file, my copy should be here anytime tomorrow I'd rather wait :leaf:

Listened to mp3s and here is my thoughts. I am so sorry if I made a lot of grammar errors in my writing here.

Ironically, I liked 春を待つ the most.
Keiko is amazing
Wakana is undoubtedly amazing too
And I can't say anything about Hikaru. She is far better in this live compared to her singing on the album version. She has a good control of her voice, her voice was not strained a lot

Other than 春を待つ, songs that I like from this live are
1. 五月の魔法
I love how Wakana sing her kajiurago line here. She used belting technique instead of using her head voice (?)

2. Lacrimosa
More power from wakana. I love how Hikaru sang her kajiurago line lower than the usual notes

3. Oblivious
Love Hikaru's smooth head voice here.

4. Consolation
Hikaru is a Lil bit struggling here. I love how wakana gives tragedic feeling to this song

5. 五月雨が過ぎた頃に
This the first time we get this song performed live. Hikaru is fine here. Wakana is doing a great job. Should I mention Keiko? She is great as usual

6. 明日の景色
Love love wakana's power here. Hikaru is not that great but still acceptable.

7. Believe ~ piano ver
It's just different. But to be honest this piano ver is amazing. Thats it. Can' d it anymore lol

8. blaze
Hikaru's voice is far far better than her previous blaze performances and I love it.

Song that I don't care at all

1. Märchen
I can't love this song. I don't know why. I found that this song is really boring. There are too much empty space in this song. Kajiura was using too much instruments here. I thought by hearing live performance of this song I could love it, But apparently I still don't like it. I think This live performance is worsen the song.

As for the other songs, I think they are not that different from their previous performances. They are not awful, but not the greatest too. Just ok I guess

Well maybe i should watch the BD to capture their "magic"

-

Was gonna download it but then I saw that file size... maybe in the past I would've risked it and downloaded it but I can't afford to now, my crappy laptop can barely keep up as is lol.
Maybe once it gets uploaded somewhere I might check it out idk :/

Back