BD/DVD: Kalafina “9+ONE” at Tokyo International Forum Hall A [Release: Nov 1st]

In Fate/apo I thought the chaotic nature of the song really fit with the show, plus it's a good EGOIST song. As ritardando said, having a chaotic song is pretty much standard for them, so it's not surprising that song is that style. And GARNiDELiA's Désir is definitely one of her best anime tie-ins since MIRAI imo.

Well I also thought chaotic song would fit! Though I would enjoy the song if it used as a ED. But if you feel like it fit the opening visuals ok then :XD:

Edelweiss is great, that's all I can say since Centaur is the only series I'm watching.

Weird how people think the more predictable Kala songs are 'generic anime songs' now. Do you guys even watch anime these days? The music on anime is nearly 100% bizarre trash nowadays. Even Blaze is downright artful in comparison.

Well, you're not wrong. Even Believe and Blaze only sound generic when compared to other Kalasongs, but beyond that, they undoubtedly have that Kajiuran distinction when placed alongside anisongs from other artists.

^I agree about believe, but not about blaze. It sounds like something I would hear straight out of Dragonball or FMA.

Blaze, though itself not being a bad anisong, just has a lot of songs that are better than it. It also has a lot of songs that are worse- that's why I typically just consider it "average".

GARNiDELiA's ED for Fate/Apocrypha was pretty nice, the chrorus and the bridge was unexpected the first few times i listened to it

believe, blaze, and heavenly blue are not the worst when it comes to anisongs. the problem is that they came from Kalafina, who has released such glorious anisongs as the whole KnK themes, (debatably, I stand by this tho) Hikari no Senritsu, and Magia. that's why those aforementioned songs sounded like trash compared to their other anisongs. they're just trash among Kalafina anisongs and their whole discography in general. also, having the same arrangements and structural composition over and over again didn't help with their case. the fact that they kept releasing those bland songs one after the other made it even worse. I'd rejoice when Kajiura stops composing electric guitar driven and strings based anisongs. Me wants more digital/synth heavy tracks. something along the line of oblivious and Kyrie. nice ballads would also be acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Blaze is the worst. I think Yuki was having a really bad week or something. The song is like intentionally as lame she could possibly make. but its still 10X better than the OPs for the rest of the anime I saw all year.

Did you watch Jojo Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable?

Great Days was arguably the only exceptionally good OP from 2016.

was that the Jojo series with Savage Garden's I Want You as the ED? I loved that song since my childhood lol (oot continues and straying further)

Yeah it was. :) (topic isn't going to be relevant for another month so it's all good)

Jojo series seems to be interesting. maybe i'd give it a try... my brother kinda dislikes the show because of its unusual artwork but I find the premise of the series to be interesting.

JoJo is goddamn fun, I recommend it. Also practically every OP and ED theme from that show is gold.

Also 2016 had BokuMachi and Macross Delta which had very good OPs and EDs, plus the Kemono Friends and Space Patrol Luluco EDs were great too. That said BokuMachi's OP was a decade old.

Blaze is awful in comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
YESSSSS!!! A ridiculous Märchen Kala-dansu!

I KNEW IT. YESSSSSARGHHHH!
I'm unreasonably hyped for them dance moves.

The B2 size poster for pre ordering blu ray on CDJapan has now gone.

Back