Yuki Kajiura LIVE in HOLLYWOOD featuring "SAO" Jan 14, 2017 [CANCELLED]

Paying for their travel fees, hotel costs, food etc. so they can appear on stage for 10 minutes or so tops seems like a waste to me.

And yes, from the little time I've had interacting with the girls, Wakana came across as ridiculously nice and caring. She's got a very warm presence.

@Atlas Star Wakana, Keiko and Hikaru are all simply wonderful and cute!! çWWç I assure you that they're too kind in person; I love them so much *W*

@Seasonreaper its arouud 15 mins, 8 tracks if the setlist is same as in Japan lives. https://canta-per-me.net/live-events/2016-yk13-sao-2/
and you know that she has to overcome has additional vocals

(OST lenths)

Swordland 3m16s
the first town (Remi, Kaori) 1m53s
moon and shadow (Yuriko, Remi, Kaori) 2m19s
we have to defeat it (Wakana, Remi, Yuriko, Kaori) 1m50s
a narrow escape (Remi) 1m53s [this didnt really have vocals in the OST]
she has to overcome her fear (Remi, Wakana, Yuriko, Kaori) 2m18s
gunland (Remi, Wakana, Yuriko, Kaori) 1m58s
luminous sword (Remi, Wakana, Yuriko, Kaori) 2m28s

a narrow escape (Remi) 1m53s [this didnt really have vocals in the OST]
Umm, what do you mean it didn't really have vocals in the OST? There's a clear Remi vocal for most of the track (starting with the 3rd second already). 0_0

^ but it sounded like sampled (too many filters?) to me .The synthesizer that has same mlody as vocal doesnt help much either. while in all the other tracks its clear that its remi since the vocal doesnt have many filters.

Last edited:
Well, they have to come considering this live is mostly instrumental.
What I mainly meant by that was with the non-consistent band members, like Rie Akagi (I'm sure she'll be there) or the string players aside from Konno. Now that I think about it, they'll also have all the brass instrument players, too. And is there an accordion in the soundtrack anywhere (at least in songs they may perform)? I don't remember one, but I haven't listened to much of the soundtrack by itself.

whoa... i feel like i should try to attend this since it's within driving distance for me... nice surprise. i wish it was more than SAO though, but better than nothing i guess :p

^ Υes that would be more preferable for me too, it would include all anime from KnK and onwards, and Petite Cossette as well.

George: Yes, that was Anime Boston where Kera gave the book to her.

And I thought it was just going to be Yuki playing the piano? Hmm. Since it said solo. But I could be wrong. I wish it was like Vol 11, but that would be a dream come true. (Still want to go to Japan to see them perform there. And Kalafina)

In FJ/YK lives its always Yuki Kajiura that plays on stage the keyboard :) (in case you didnt notice from the BDs)

.. Like Taylor swift!!
Hopefully not someone like Taylor Swift, I can't stand her voice :notlistening:

If they do have a featured artist, I would prefer it to not be a pop star, since most of them have terrible voices and can't sing anyway to make up for it. Plus most of them try to sell their body/looks for money, something that I absolutely cannot stand about the industry. If a singer is pretty, that should be an extra thing that happens to be good about the artist, but not their main focus/selling point.

Sorry for my rant, I just hate the American mainstream pop industry with a burning passion :bow:

LOL it is almost impossible to have TS for YK openning act, or featured artist (Openning acts are usually for new artists, not famous ones like her ^_^).
If you asked me, I wish Kalafina to be an openning act!

LOL it is almost impossible to have TS for YK openning act, or featured artist (Openning acts are usually for new artists, not famous ones like her ^_^).
If you asked me, I wish Kalafina to be an openning act!

Yes usually less famous than the host artist, but the opening act artist can be famous too.

Since its FJ it would be hightime to call one of the american artists of Fiction like Clara Kennedy (please not Bindiger again) or Margaret Dorn / Deb Lyons if they are still on business.

Last edited:
I can't room with anyone because my boyfriend is coming too, but we are planning to stay at the Miyako hotel in little Tokyo if anyone wants to join us :) it's right across the street from Daikokuya, the most unbelievably heavenly ramen place on the continent and we are going to eat there every day!

Back