Yuki Kajiura 2nd Solo Album - FICTION Ⅱ

• Thread starter Thread starter elcazador
  • Start date Start date
If fiction is representation of Old Yuki, Fiction II is definitely Yuki's newest and recent sytle, except "Sweet Song" which was unremixed.

- EGO, I don't like the modernization. The original one was much better, much more trance. The new one is just... typical... the violin, the kajiuran part are all not original.

-Image Song of Xenosaga II ... well... nearly the same as the original, which out of all Xenosaga II OST, is one of track that I don't like that much ... a long with Fatal Fight and Bitter. Prefer Fatal Fight 2, surrounded, albedo 2, get out.

-Heigen .... hm... so Enya + Enigma ... not bad, but repetitive for me.

-March ... hm, i don't get the melody.

-Lotus ... typical new Yuki ... so KnK and repetitive.

Now I want to rant or comment about Xenosaga Ending Theme Songs here...
I don't know which one of YUki's end theme song for Xenosaga works best as continuation from Yasunori Mitsuda...
Well... from my Point Of View/or Hearing, Xenosaga III OST fits definitely better, but it lacks of Celtic-ness and the power of gregorian chant or Christianity or rather MALE gregorian chant. (Well, there are some male-chant...but they are samples )
And so is my feeling for the theme songs.

Sweet Song + Forgotten Cloister Sleep are nice... it is medieval, a bit celtic... definitely good to the theme of Xenosaga... but it lacks Pop-Theme. I like Forgotten *** ... sad and dark... fit to the last scene of Xenosaga II to III.

Maybe Tomorrow fits better as theme song... but again, no celtic feeling although the melody is nice. And I definitely hate that LA LA LA-part... so not new. definitely uncomparable to "Small Two of Pieces", "Pain" or "Kokoro"

-I swear ... now this is something NEW, FRESH, ORIGINAL and LOVELY. I though the singer was a black woman ... very nice! definitely worth to listen . Like the vocalist.
Bragging-mode : I knew, the song was going to be love-able based on that short-preview ...longer than 5 seconds though.

grunty said:
I swear is the best (?only good?) track on the CD IMHO.

Forgotten Cloister Sleep excluded, 100%-ly agree.

Re: Re:

george1234 said:
Maha Jyotiṣa said:
-I swear ... now this is something NEW, FRESH, ORIGINAL and LOVELY. I though the singer was a black woman ... very nice! definitely worth to listen . Like the vocalist.

She's not black, check here viewtopic.php?p=102216#p102216

seriously

Maha Jyotiṣa said:

Going to make comments only for the new songs.

my long forgotten cloistered sleep - nice, very nice. I already liked it but now with CD quality it's pure gold.

E.G.O. - zzzzzzzzzzz

Lotus - ok, but repetitive

heigen - nice, but repetitive

I swear - I'll take back my word about the vocalist. I'm still not very fond of the beginning of the song, but the rest makes up for it. Nice and different song. As far as originality is in question, the best song by far.

the image theme of Xeno II - eww, I love fatal fight so I really could care less about it being expanded. But this version sounds strange sometimes. Maybe it's the effects, I don't know. Kinda disappointed with it.

Maybe Tomorrow - Emily Curtis...the same as ever. Not really interested in the song that much.

March - what the...

Rafael-sama said:
:uh..: It this album so bad?

The main problem is that more than half of the songs stayed unchanged and some new ones werent really new (arrangement-wise) remind you of older ones,eg for me heigen similar to enging theme of RHH, and or seventh heaven, and lotus too much like Knk3 (if i cry) the only positive part of the song is the bass bridge. :dote: ]

I personally really enjoyed my long forgotten cloistered sleep and E.G.O :dote: :dote:

I swear is a real outsider since almost nobody liked the sample and now almost everyone loves the song. It is true that it has lots of frechness in it, and I tend to like the vocalist more more and more as I listen to the song more times :dote: (kinda irritate me the high pitched chorus of Emily though)

March... even though the song has really nice lyrics, I dont like the combination 'electric guitar + accordeon' and Emily sound powerless somehow. :uh..:

Oh and I strongly prefer this maybe tommorow over the medley one, and I like that lala part, even though like Maha said she could have put sometihng else in its place (lyric-wise).

Thank you so much Trunk_Elk!!!! :chuu:

Because of the customs here in germany, every CD takes up to 4 weeks to arrive after release... ~.~

You're welcome :XD:

Well, I loved all the new songs. But it really could be more new songs, or more changes...

With the except of I Swear, the album is very good... But there are more songs to hear! :ohoho:

This states how personal tastes can differs...

Edit: But I still think "I swear" and "heigen" shouldn't be in this album. :uh..:

But "the image theme of Xenosaga II", "my long forgotten cloistered sleep", "forest", "E.G.O.", "everytime you kissed me", "I reach for the sun", and "maybe tomorrow" are epic! :dote:

Liana_Ilia said:
Is there still need for the booklet to be scanned? I can do it if so. :dote:

In the booklet they say who sings which song? I could use that info! :XD:

Back