Yuki Kajiura 2nd Solo Album - FICTION Ⅱ

• Thread starter Thread starter elcazador
  • Start date Start date
Re:

ninetales said:
The bridge of Everytime You Kissed Me sounded surprisingly like the bridge of Kagayaku sora... :desksweat:

Yes its alike. the scheme is

blessing = everytime you kissed me = kagayaku sora no shijima ni wa,

also storm bridge = forest bridge etc

:XD:

yeah, sure, and Adore=Symphonia, while Natsu no Ringo=Hear Our Prayer :waa: *sarcasm mode failed*

Listened to the show... Like the case of "If I Cry", I really wouldn't mind EGO having a bit more vocal parts... :wai: :XD: But then again, Yuki probably didn't want to make the song sound too repetitive where even the original had enough tweaks. So does this version, in the end, and the arrangement is pure win. :nosebleed: still, I guess March is winning the race here for me :plot: :shy:

Maybe tomorrow is another song that surpassed my expectations. Emily Curtis' voice sounds smoother and clearer, and I think it fits the song just dandy (but it comes from the man who also likes Yui Makino's vocal... I'm SO gonna be dogpiled here :omg: :XD: ). and the bridge sounds like a welcomed alloy, too.
Overall, this is gonna be a delicious album. Period. :TdT:

Re:

KP-X said:
The Lalala in Maybe Tomorrow is done by both Kaori and Kaida, no?

I hear Kaori and Yuriko, and one more voice in complement with Kaori but not wure who (Perhaps Wakana?).

And btw, I don't think maybe tomorrow is that bad. Its surely sound weird compare to other Yuki songs and Emily Curtis is off in an audible scale, but not to an extent that hurts my ears. IMO, Curtis's voice is closer to general american pop singers (rather than operatic/lyrical voice that Yuki usually use) and therefore sound a bit like pop songs.

"I swear" was by a new singer?? When will Yuki brings her to the stage?
:XD:

Re:

Yuki88 said:
^ but she said on episode 4 that it ended there... :confu:

Oh. :white:

My fairytale... :orz:

Yuki88 said:
swear is sung by a new vocalist called Clara (full name unknown since Kajiura only mentioned 「クララさん」)... who's actually a pro cellist :ayashii:

Ooh! Interesting :ayashii: I wonder why she didn't play cello in the song... :confu:

Yuki88 said:
Rie Akagi will be guest on Live vol.7??

Oh boy. :spotlight:

mf4361 said:
IMO, Curtis's voice is closer to general american pop singers (rather than operatic/lyrical voice that Yuki usually use) and therefore sound a bit like pop songs.

Actually, that's why I don't like it. I'm used to Kajiura-sensei's vocalists having epic, gorgeous voices...hearing a weak voice like Emily Curtis is just strange :uh..:

Hopefully Rie is not just a guest, and she performs through all the concert. That could make way for some new arrangement.

Emily Bindiger should be the guest... :uh..:

Oh wait, Rie plays flute, not?

Re:

Kowz said:
Hopefully Rie is not just a guest, and she performs through all the concert. That could make way for some new arrangement.
Crush... :cry: where is my Crush live? :cry:

Rafael-sama said:
:plot: Tomorrow?
Or not? :blood:
or maybe this day... :XD:

Re: Re:

mf4361 said:
IMO, Curtis's voice is closer to general american pop singers (rather than operatic/lyrical voice that Yuki usually use) and therefore sound a bit like pop songs.
-----------
Actually, that's why I don't like it. I'm used to Kajiura-sensei's vocalists having epic, gorgeous voices...hearing a weak voice like Emily Curtis is just strange :uh..:

Yea I'm not saying I like american pop style (actually, I hate). Kajiura-style music and Curtis's slacking voice does not match. I'm saying its not that bad as other people claims. At least I can listen for the whole thing and still enjoys the strings. Maybe I've heard too many even worse voices and sounds (hesitated even call it music). The world needs more music-focused composers like Kajiura.
:uh..:

Re: Re:

mf4361 said:
Yea I'm not saying I like american pop style (actually, I hate). Kajiura-style music and Curtis's slacking voice does not match. I'm saying its not that bad as other people claims. At least I can listen for the whole thing and still enjoys the strings. Maybe I've heard too many even worse voices and sounds (hesitated even call it music). The world needs more music-focused composers like Kajiura.
:uh..:

I suppose you're right. I've heard worse singers, definitely. I think what makes it really hard for me to take is the fact that Kajiura-sensei actually PICKED this singer...it's really out of character for her to settle for such a bad voice, at least in comparison to her other singers.

Guess it could be worse, though :uh..:

george1234 said:
^ Yes, and maybe both will be guests :)

Still hoping for Deb Lyons :plz: :imdead:

No one like Curtis? D: I think Maybe Tomorrow is beauty >_<

Still hoping for Deb Lyons[2] :nosebleed:

I'm not sure that can I ask this question here or not... Does anyone know that where does the intro melody of Forest come from? It's exactly the same as the intro melody of Toki no Sabaku and I think that I've also heard it from another song (well...it's not Yuki's song. My friend set it as her phone ringtone and at that time, I thought that it's Toki no Sabaku (Forest hadn't been released at that time.) and I'm so surprised because my friend haven't listened to Japanese songs, but when the intro ended, it turned out that it's a K-pop song... :uh..: .) so I guess that Yuki may bring it from another classical song or sth. like that... (or our Yuki's work was stolen.... :omg: .)

Back