I love I Swear...

:dote: :dote: :dote:

Re:

george1234 said:
credit to Yuki88 (i think)

Clara Kennedy, the girl who sings "I swear

myspace profile http://www.myspace.com/claraplayscello
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=78900619
photos: http://www.myspace.com/claraplayscello/ ... _ViewAlbum (cute :dote: :dote: )
Location BROOKLYN, New York, US
Born: March 12, 1983 (aka 28 years old)
in her profile you can find her biography

I wouldnt expect someone this young with this voice (she sound like a cigarette-35 year old woman :XD:

Thanks! :bow:

Liana_Ilia said:
Is there still need for the booklet to be scanned? I can do it if so. :dote:

Yes please!! :bow: :sohappy:

Oh, Keiko is part of the chorus in Maybe Tomorrow. Couldn't notice her voice at all.

Liana_Ilia said:
:XD:
Here is the booklet. Sorry it's not HQ, I wish I could have a scanner that could do that. heh

Thank you so much!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

:omg: That boring solo in I Swear was from Koichi-san... :cry:

haven't listened to the album or the radio show versions yet, but i already wish "i swear" was a FJ cover of the boyz ii men song. :spotlight:

Thanks Liana :chuu:

hmm... Fave will be Heigen and I Swear. Rest... Okay, but kinda sleep-inducing. Maybe because I listened to the album late at night and was sleepy lol.

Ah..Thanks Trunks_Elk &Liana.... So happy to see that Yuki sang the chorus for Heigen&lotus, but who sang EGO..???? The name of the vocalist in the scan looks like no one in CPM vocalist lists....

I swear: I think I like it more than when I listened from the radio...BTW...it's still not my cup of tea.... :uh..: and Emily's high pitch chorus are so... :blood: . I guess that I might love it more if it's an instrumental track instead...the music is beautiful..... Honestly, I also guessed that the vocalist is black woman as well.... :cry: .

maybe tomorrow: Wow... I love this new one...much more than the original... even Emily's voice is so... :uh..: I think her voice is not that bad, but it's her legato...which is too flat&powerless&emotionless.. her voice in some part sounds like she's a newbie who hasn't had enough experience to sing a solo song (but with her sound quality, she could be a good choir member or chorus vocal.)

Sweet Song: I also feel that Sweet Song is a bit different....but I can't remember the original one..= =...but I really love it.... the chorus is so :dote: .

March: Beautiful lyric and melody is ok for me..., but the lack of Emily's voice power in some part degraded this song....and the ending...= =...sounds so weird... but it's still a song that I'll keep it in my favourite collection.

I'm too sleepy to listen to the rest....will write the full review tomorrow...

EGO is by Eri Ito. They used her solo name, rather than the one shes been credited with on previous Kajiura soundtracks.

lol.. i love how my prediction about I swear came true xD

and i love how majority of you like the song as well :D

Packet has arrived, Packet has arrived, Packet has arrived.... :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Wow, i'm excited like hell!

Now i must open this beautiful packet, from the other side of th world, waaaaahhhh
:XD:

There's a juwel inside :nosebleed:

BIG THANKS TO TRUNKS_ELK AND LIANA! :sohappy:

heigen inspirated by Mike Oldfield in 2007?

I think that could rather be addressed to Where Every Life Is Beautiful, and it was written somewhere in 2007, too. :XD: Heigen also has some Oldfield-esque feel to it, but fainter.

It this album so bad?

I doubt ANY of us can answer objectively. :ohoho: But not being good and not being up to fans' expectations are clearly not the same things. :plot:

About compilation structure, you gotta accept it - Fiction 2 does it the Everlasting Songs way rather than the Fiction way. And Fiction was a new take for Yuki, where she could reapproach what she had written, reimagine it to an extent... and since the released songs were gathered from two recent years (and basically three recent OSTs), it was wise to rearrange them anyway. Fiction 2 old song choice is a bit different: it overviews roughly seven years of her career, with a TRUCKLOAD of music therein, but since Fiction is mostly about non-Japanese songs, the choice of songs was quite predictable (come to think of it, Yuki hasn't worked all that much with Western vocalists since the official start of FictionJunction era :ayashii: ). According to their curious two-year-interval schedule, a new Emily/Yuki collab seemed to be due as well :XD: But was there a necessity to rearrange all the old songs for the sake of rearranging them? A solo album is more about presenting them one more time, to a possibly different audience - lots of people simply don't care about anime music, thus missing out on things like Forest or Everytime You Kissed Me. And unlike the case with Fiction songs, none of these were younger than a year this time, so there's no fear of "release spamming", if you care to name it so. :XD:

As to being new and all... the question is, whether there is WILL and NEED. A musician is free to do what (s)he likes, and if (s)he remains a pro at that, why not? then there is the frequency factor: poeple like Elton John or Mike Oldfield release an album per 2/3/4 years. And even THEY don't do any experiments unless they feel like it. And here we're talking a composer who releases up to 4-5 CDs PER YEAR. Innovative or not, all these works manage to hold the plank, being dictionary illustrations to "Quality Music". Let that sink in. :tea:

I don't state that people have no right to be grunty about failed expectations or whatever. And it would be wtong to oppose myself to them as some "pink-glassed pleasable fan" - it would be hypocritic to claim that tracks like, say, "Complications" or "Ode to Power" touch my inner strings in quite the same way as "A Song of Storm and Power" or "Will" do. But I personally don't find it necessary for Yuki to be another Mozart (the world is fine with just one) or something. Her whole career is one big new and fresh thing in music, one of the harbingers for the period when pop music - like rock music before it, back in 1970s - starts melting back into the general music heritage it once counterposed. Making such diverse, beautiful music, and making it steadily over the course of years is not something EVERY musician/singer/composer manages to achieve. Maybe it's because I think about this that I fail to be as demanding to Yuki's music and complain about music recylcing (several notes in Adore/Symphonia, about as much in Toki no Sabaku/Forest intros... why should it even BOTHER me?) and such. Maybe it's something all of us might find useful to recall as well. :innocent:

Of course, it's all IMHO and I hope it WON'T evolve into a branch of this topic. :knife: Everyone shoudl stay true to themselves, and besides, tiime shows that being grunty about a musician's works and hating that musician's works are not the same things either. :XD: :XD: :XD:

EGO is by Eri Ito. They used her solo name, rather than the one shes been credited with on previous Kajiura soundtracks.

I hereby die a happy man. :imdead: :dote: :sohappy: :XD:

I don't know so much about FICTION (I know Yuki with FictionJunction and Kalafina) but I like the album :dote:

the image theme of Xenosaga II: I like it! Love her voice~ but I prefer fictionjunction version more :sohappy:
Lotus: nice~ reminds me KnK soundtracks :ohoho: who is the singer?
My long forgotten cloistered slee: pure love! I'm not a very fan of Emily but I really love this song! :omg:
I swear: nice song and voice but I don't like the "i swear" at the beginning XD
forest & everytime you kissed me & I reach for the sun: I like a lot more FictionJunction versions :XD:
Sweet Song: At the beginning I for a moment thought it was Hoshi no Utai :ohoho: I like the song, the chorus is beautiful!
E.G.O: very nice! Eri's voice :shy:
L.A: nice but nothing new
March: nice, but repetitive after a while
heigen: a male singer? Interesting... I really like this song, is beautiful :nosebleed:
maybe tomorrow: very nice! I like the first part in particular and the chorus was beautiful :dote:

Favorite songs: forgotten, heigen and maybe tomorrow :ayashii:

Re:

Thank you :chuu:

Wakana was totally ignored in this album :(
And who sings heigen? Johan sara jr? I thought the masculine scat was a sample XD

Rafael-sama said:
:uh..: It this album so bad?
Well, FICTION (1) is better ;P

LOL I though it was sample as well!! :XD:

Image >> http://www.johansara.com/images/stories ... ra_Jr4.jpg
Here's his website http://www.johansara.com/

You can listen to samples of one of his albums here. It confirms that its him.
http://musikkonline.no/shop/displayAlbum.asp?id=36632

Kazado said:
Thank you :chuu:

Wakana was totally ignored in this album :(
And who sings heigen? Johan sara jr? I thought the masculine scat was a sample XD

yes but it has lots of the other vocalists too: Eri Itou, yuriko KEIKO, KAORI , Yuki.

Back