Yuki Kajiura 2nd Solo Album - FICTION Ⅱ

• Thread starter Thread starter elcazador
  • Start date Start date
Okay, listening now...huge thanks to Kowz for posting it on Youtube :sohappy: :ohoho:

In This Winter - so gorgeous. I just love emotional accordion like this :cry: I only wish it was longer! :touched:

The Image Theme - I haven't heard the original or the live version, so I don't have anything to compare this with... :desksweat: I love the bagpipes, and the way the strings get louder and louder...and the guitar! :cheer: Oh, the guitar!! :cheer:

Lotus - Like it as much as I did before :plot: What is that instrument playing solo, though?? :confu:

MLFCS - I like it more than I thought I would, actually. The arrangement is very flowing, and the flute's wonderful.

Re:

ninetales said:
In This Winter - so gorgeous. I just love emotional accordion like this :cry: I only wish it was longer! :touched:
< you just have to listen to "winter" of fiction 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRbXazbANAY :sparkleguy:

ninetales said:
The Image Theme - I haven't heard the original or the live version, so I don't have anything to compare this with... :desksweat:
> original http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_DU_bxJ_Fg

ninetales said:
Lotus - Like it as much as I did before :plot: What is that instrument playing solo, though?? :confu:
> should be bass

^ Thanks! Once I'm done listening to the rest of the album I'll check these two out :V:

Wow, lotus's chorus is by Yuki and as we expected the image theme of Xenosaga's chorus is by Yuriko Kaida, Keiko, Kaori, Tokyo Konsei...great :sohappy:

I Swear - Nice. It's not my favorite, but I like it. I wish she would've played cello in here somewhere...and I'm a little disappointed in the guitar solo and that strangled-sounding background chorus. Clara-san's vocals are very evocative, though :shy:

I'm skipping Forest :spotlight:

the jin vs margulis scene in game was so epic!!!!! I was so :touched: :touched: :touched: :touched: :touched: :touched: :touched: :touched: :touched: :touched: when i reached that point in the game

the communication breakdown scene too! and the Chase scene :XD: I don't remember whether i listened to the soundtrack before or after playing the game but they were so memorable together with the music

Xenosaga II CD was <3

To be honest, I listened to Erementar Gerad and Xenosaga II right after FICTIONII and I almost cried a little...

Sweet Song - It's ironic how different this song is from the title. You expect something quiet and lullaby-like, and instead it's epic and orchestrated :XD: I really don't have any problems with this one :dote:

On to E.G.O.!

OH MY GOODNESS. Koichi-san's solo in E.G.O. more than makes up for the solo in I Swear. It's epic, it's gorgeous, it's incredible! It's like something from a live! I felt like yelling "Korenaga Koichi!!" :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :imdead:

Everytime you kissed me - Hmm. If this is the original recording...how come I didn't like it originally, but I like it now?? :confu: In any case, I like it. Very dramatic, very nice.

L.A. - Love it. More gorgeousness from Koichi-san, wonderful arrangement. I still don't know how I missed this originally!! :dote:

I like the album but I don't love it.

Yeah Forest is love but I have already listened it too many times.

I don't like the new arrangement of the main theme, it lacks the differences between piano and forte parts that makes the original so special. Also I don't like the electric guitar on the song.

By the way, did anyone notice that lately some Yuki songs sounds has too much difference in volume between voice and music. Like this these songs sounds weird and sometimes it even seems they are simpler that how they really are. That's so sad.

(I heard it too in some Red moon songs)

I skipped I reach for the sun and March :spotlight:

Heigen - Soothing, calming, beautiful. It's wonderful! The only thing I don't really like is the vocals at the very end, after the instruments have stopped...they sound strange for some reason.

Maybe Tomorrow - I'd skip this, but the 'lalala' from FJ in the middle makes it worth it. I know most people don't like them for some reason, but they're my favorite part :shy:

OK, my first impression:

Wonderful as useful. But if I had to compar it with Fiction 1 i'd must say the later songs are somehow .. mmhhh .. too soft.

But I can't compare them cause F1 was my first music from YK and for me totaly new and fascinating.

I love the guitars in Xenosaga image theme. As i heard it i went like whooaaa-WTF-guitars?!. I grabbed the remote and pushed up the volume.

Lotus - Just plain wonderful

I'm also very pleasd by E.G.O., didn't know it before.

And the rest, yeah it's YK, but I gonna have to hear more to it, before i can classify it.

I'm just inserting it into my Music-Archive and, as i can't read japanese (yet hehe), can somebody please tell me the english name of the vocal-singers from the following songs:

Lotus, EGO, LA

^ The singers for Lotus are Hanae Tomaru and Kajiura-sensei. E.G.O. is sung by Eri Ito (or Itou), and L.A. is sung by Yuriko Kaida. I think you can find info on all of them in the main site :V:

Okay, just listened to the original Image Theme. The Fiction II version is much more rich-sounding and layered...the original sounds more plain.

And Fatal Fight sounds more like the Fiction II version, but it's still a bit simpler and the vocals are startlingly close-sounding! Like the guitar, though.

I think my favorite is still the Fiction II version :plot:

> I think my favorite is still the Fiction II version :plot:

Well you heard it first so it's no real wonder...

^ Not only that, but I like the arrangement. It's as though Kajiura-sensei mixed the original and Final Fight together, and added in some wonderful new guitar. It has a very rich feel...that's the only word I can think of :dote:

All three of them are good, though. With a composition like that you can't go wrong :sparkleguy:

Back