SWORD ART ONLINE MUSIC COLLECTION

I am getting it! My mom ordered it for Christmas so I should be getting it next Wed (maybe since the Kala 2014 Tour cd came on Wed this week and it was EMS.) Looking forward to hearing the pitch difference and Moon and Shadow of course! :dote:

^ yes

cold and wild : Kajiura going symphonic metal :D would love to see that happen.

running out of crisis is typical now but I think I will fall for it.

ooo in this world seems really nice. the flute is rather refreshing.

in this cruel land looks very good too.

moon and shadow is indeed as GENERIC as it can be. but I think I will fall for that too, for Remi's voice's sake.

i suppose that's a good percentage of approvals for the new tracks. still, my thoughts about the music and show overall didn't change though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I really hate the swordland theme. The second that melody started playing in "in this cruel land" the track lost all its appeal to me. Fuck SAO.

A little more seriously: I still like most of SAO2OST2 and some tracks on the other discs (fight with a devil=sweet as f), but overall it's a pretty boring soundtrack. REMI and her tracks were disappointing as well (I only like the first town and narrow escape, whch I somehow was less excited about this time around than when it first came out and I also dislike how it's toilet mixed.)

PS. I made a version of in this cruel land without the swordland strings so I can enjoy it. Mufufu. It's so much better IMHO. If anyone wants it I'll PM it when I get the lossless version.

Disc 1

death game: i love the strings at the beginning, i think its the track of the first ep before the villain does the announcement.

welcome to this world: nothing to say

tiny love ~ harp: its sweet, too bad the harp is probably synch.

friendly feelings piano only & at our parting vc only: they sound nice :) i havent checked yet the originals but these are lazy tracks since they are a software click away from the original tracks (to mute the violin/piano), not actually unreleased. I would prefer the cowboy game or the jazzy ones in their place.

Disc 2

like in the glass: Really nice and atmospheric, I consider it more aetherial ver of "in the cage"

in this world: In the anime it didnt seem that good, but wow, I love the strings melody and the dark flute in this one :dote:

swordbreaking land: I dont remember this playing anywhere, the guitars are really nice at the bridge, in live they would need 2 guitars to play this. In style its kinda like slipsteam but without piano.

in this crule land: wow i love this, it sounds alot like a continuation of "first town", It definetely fits the celtic image of fairy land. its just so folk and its really interesting how Yuki butt in the theme melody. At first i thought that it would be boring after theme melody, but it became even better after it :love:

Disc 3

goodbye again and again ~noisy : sounds alot like a piano track out of KnK

think tenderly of you ~Mbox ver: good for getting your baby to sleep XD

Disc 4:

running of crisis: feels like YK couldnt choose between the strings and the upbeat and put them both in, the bridge is fairly interesting though.

run, run, run away: i really like the beat on this one, makes you dance :)

moon and shadows: Haha this had an unexpected development, the vocals were less and the usual 2nd part repetition was replaced by strings. I love the vocals near the end, especially where there's some chorus too. Generic or not, it sounds quite fresh to me

you are not alone Ag.Guit ver: I think there has never been a musicbox/guitar combination in Yk bgm before, and for that reason is quite interesting, even though its not a new melody.

cold and wind: wow this is actually only metal without "symphonic", very interesting, and
would love a Kalafina ver with Keiko/Hikaru lead. :whip:

you are not alonr ~piano ver. with this being my favourite piano melody from the series, it was quite nice but it still doesnt surpass the bare "you are not alone"

I feel like that if some of these tracks were included in the OSTs from the beginning (and some others that didnt make it) the general population's opinion about the music would be alot better

I really hope the liner notes & inteview reach us somehow, im really curious.

Last edited:
Eh, I'll bite. Doubt I'm going to like much of it as what I remember from the show was mediocre as hell, but it's free. The chances of me actually buying it are extremely low anyway and I probably won't even listen to it much.

I always got the feeling fight with a devil was a recycle from F/Z. It just seems so random alongside everything else from SAO's ost, while it fits perfectly with the island arc music from FZ.

I always got the feeling fight with a devil was a recycle from F/Z. It just seems so random alongside everything else from SAO's ost, while it fits perfectly with the island arc music from FZ.

I don't know about fight with a devil but I think there are a good couple of tracks (cough false king, he rules us to name 2 cough) that sound like they could be interchangable with Fate/Zero. PS. No hate, I actually enjoy those two tracks I mentioned (sans the generic climaxes in he rules us).

i have to say that the reordered OST 1 feels so much better because the sfx tracks arent one after another, and the tracks have more or less the order in which they appeared in the story. Too bad they didnt do the same for disc 3.

I found this thread which has some pics of the box/cds (uncolloured CDs are such a bummer ORZ) someone posted link to the BD
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av3681177/

on Swordland and first town they seems kinda bored/stressed but after they went back to the lively mood.

- are they trying to fool us ? A single violin can never imitate whole strings quartet, the strings are obvious playback.

- Ohh it has MC too! ^O^

- what's with Remi barely heard at "The first town" and Kaori actually doing the main vocal ? :(

- Tonky is amazing!! The flute is godly and there's addded violin to it :love:

- daily life you and me has improved piano melody flute sounds perfect too

- despite not saying "live ver" they added some e.guitar to "another state of emergency"

- luminous sword was as usual

- on "she has to covercome her fear" there's a again whole FJ and Remi, they added some more lyrics :love:. The song sounds much better than in OST.

Last edited:
- are they trying to fool us ? A single violin can never imitate whole strings quartet, the strings are obvious playback.

First time watching them live or what? We've know they've used playback instruments for years.

Goddamn, I hate bilibili. It takes forever to load, and I can't fucking skip sections.

Back