Kalafina new song "into the world" for Rekishi Hiwa Historia

Which Kalafina RHH song is your favourite?

• Storia

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Symphona

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yume no Daichi

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • far on the water

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • into the world

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
@giffy we're not particularly sure but an example is to the beginning. according to an interview, kajiura wanted it to be a dark, scary and fast song but the directors or producers or whatever wanted it to have a feeling of hope or something like that, so they do have some say it how it works out.

I personally really enjoy the song. It has a really nice flow to it, though the initial key change at the start of the chorus comes off as a little unpolished. But, at least it seems there's more Keiko in this song then seemingly all of FotW (even though Wakana is still way too dominant).

I actually like this song, even if it is generic. Does anyone notice the acoustic guitar that's in it? I feel as if Kaijura is using more guitars in her work these days, or perhaps I'm just noticing it more. Hikaru sounds really good I wonder if she'll be able to do that well live though. Keiko's high notes are also very beautiful. This is some of the highest she's sung in a bit actually. for FOTW Keiko got mostly lower notes during the entire album.

While the song does do some pretty generic things I feel as if it has a certain interesting different feel from the other RHH works.

Also the "into the world" ending line sounds very reminiscent of the Shinji Tamura single, I like it.

This sounds nice. After Eden vibes. Kinda generic but I like the feeling of hope RHH kala songs usually have.

george: I know, I am trying not to listen to it. I am hoping it will be on a single, if not I will listen.

I'm honestly confused because the tv size is actually the full version. did you listen to the link posted by George or by magicmagiamahou, Liana? the link from George is not for the TV size version, it's an omitted version of the full version. That is, unless this is another symphonia where the TV size is shorter than the full version.

I quite like the start of the chorus' melody lines but then the song, like many people said, turned into Gogatsu no Mahou.

Just wondering, who sings the main vocal for the line "maiasa kimi no tabi wa hajimaru“? Is it Keiko or Hikaru? It doesn't sound like Wakana to me.

It doesn't sound like there's much of a place to fit in another place for a full version. The only difference I could see is a longer intro/outro. It already has 2 verses, 3 choruses, and a pretty long bridge, if I remember correctly, so adding more seems a bit unnecessary. Symphonia only had 1 verse and 2 choruses in the TV version, so it was pretty reasonable for another verse and chorus to be added.

I don't remember if I've said it before (probably yes, but my memory is unreliable), but this type of songs are not among my favorites. I mean; symphonia, yume no daichi, far on the water... I needed some time to like them (and remember which of the two first ones was which). I liked them, actually, after live versions. So, even though this one sounds nice but not outstanding, I'll wait for some live version to decide if I like it or not.
Anyway, these are the songs I use to play in long trips in a bus and stuff like that. They have that kind of "look at the cows and grass and sheep and more cows while thinking about life" feeling (?

I did listen to only that version that was edited, yes. Okay, I will listen to the full since now I want to. I know we got new Kalafina only recently, but I am wanting more. I know we will get the Arslan song soon too.

Yep, listened to it again. I think this is my least favorite RHH theme. While I do like the harmonies, and I do like Wakana's voice a lot, it is overused here. Hikaru sounds really good, better than in far on the water I think. I know Yuki favors writing Wakana's parts, but here she even wrote a higher part for Keiko. But Hikaru does get virtually nothing, aside from the harmonies. Which is she doing a lower one than normal? It seemed that way in the live, she switched from her high part to low. At least that's what I heard. Anyways... it a bit repetitive as well. It would be pretty as an instrumental piece I think. Also where is the flute? Usually we get a flute solo in the RHH endings/openings. heh

Yep, listened to it again. I think this is my least favorite RHH theme. While I do like the harmonies, and I do like Wakana's voice a lot, it is overused here. Hikaru sounds really good, better than in far on the water I think. I know Yuki favors writing Wakana's parts, but here she even wrote a higher part for Keiko. But Hikaru does get virtually nothing, aside from the harmonies. Which is she doing a lower one than normal? It seemed that way in the live, she switched from her high part to low. At least that's what I heard. Anyways... it a bit repetitive as well. It would be pretty as an instrumental piece I think. Also where is the flute? Usually we get a flute solo in the RHH endings/openings. heh
You're comment about Hikaru is very true, she hasn't gotten an A side in awhile(not counting OL), plus all her A-sides are energetic or dark in some way. It'd be cool if she got a slower happy song. She could do it really well. Kajiura is getting really uncreative with her vocals, everyone seems to always have their designated roles and lines.

My least favourite RHH theme is yume no daichi - I like it a little more after Budokan performance but it's still the worst for me.
storia (best) >symphonia>into the world>far on the water>yume no daichi (worst)

I'd probably say the same. I don't like Storia's start, but the rest is grand. Symphonia is also grand and hearing it live improved my opinions of it even further.

As for the rest, Yume no Daichi is weakest. I don't know which way round I'd put FotW or ItW though, I'll have to listen to ItW more to make a proper judgement.

I think that into the world (eh, all the time I want to write into the water :@_@:) will be a new single A-side or the title track of new album. Kalafina in tv perform only important songs (A-sides, title tracks of album). I hope for another single after summer and than album. If into the world would be a new single so why they don't announced that?

why people like YnD the least ;_;

mine: Historia op theme>that one op theme variation that features Hanae as main vocal>Historia closing theme>Yume no Daichi=symphonia>into the world>storia tv size>storia (I love this song but the abrupt opening gets me everytime)>>>>>far on the water

Back