Kalafina new song "into the world" for Rekishi Hiwa Historia

Which Kalafina RHH song is your favourite?

• Storia

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Symphona

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yume no Daichi

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • far on the water

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • into the world

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
@magiamagicmahou : because we had heard 15 secs of previous songs when they were announced too, so we can guess/feel where this is going.

Last edited:
Doesn't necessarily mean much. The 15 second or so clip of Believe made me think it was going to be better than Heavenly Blue and look how wrong that was.

oh good grief. horrible.

same same same.

and does anyone actually watch the show and would know if there is any new music?

it's so sad. There are many Japanese composers, old and new, who are composing innovative pieces. Come on Kajiura!

it really is too early to judge... If it's anything like their previous Historia works, I know it will be lovely.
For me, The only song I haven't enjoyed of theirs is Samidare. Just not my style really. So I know I will like it no matter what! As long as all three of them sing (I don't care who leads), I'm happy!

I've enjoyed the first two RHH songs Kalafina has done and the last two kinda grew on me a bit, but YnD and fotw sound less different I guess to each other imo. The sample isn't enough for me to judge, but it sounds like the previous two songs and will probably grow on me when we hear the whole thing.

Symphonia took ages to grow on me, and it took a little while for me to get used to the opening vocals of Storia.

I actually enjoyed Far on the Water pretty much from the get go, only took a couple of listens (one of which was the shit quality rip we had initially) to get used to it.

My favourite has got to be Yume no Daichi. As someone mentioned earlier, it has a very relaxed and carefree tone and the Kajiuran is just impressive. The suspenseful "sariyuku kimi no tame darekaga tsunagu melody..." Up until the opening of the Kajiuran where WAKANA opens her arms in the PV and live performance during consolation special final... Yes! I really felt it strong.

And there's a consistent drive throughout the song that keeps you going... It pushes you and motivates you. And KEIKO's final "hatenaku" overlapping with the Kajiuran... It doesn't get more magical than that.

Symphonia was a favourite until Yume no Daichi came on board for me. It had a very grand atmosphere. Whereas seventh heaven was grand on a soft and tranquil setting, symphonia brought a very bright and platinum/gold sound. The final refrain leading into "kikasete...Anatano shirabe" and the drumming of the entire song is very upbeat and lively, almost reminiscent of a marching band.

Far on the water was very lacking to me compared to symphonia and Yume no Daichi. To each their own. To top it off, the live performance is boring as hell for it. Mostly because of that long flute cameo. Meh.

^ but in the documentary the flute bridge really worked since it made it a bit like OST piece. Isnt there a long flute in Hikari no Senritsu too ? and earlier on original Himitsu.

The flute solo is actually my favourite part of FotW. I would say the same for HnS but that bridge is too good.

I suspect YnD will grow on me at some point, a lot of Kalafina songs have. I like it, but it's not really grabbed my attention on any of the times I've listened to it.

^ but in the documentary the flute bridge really worked since it made it a bit like OST piece. Isnt there a long flute in Hikari no Senritsu too ? and earlier on original Himitsu.
Yeah as an OST piece it's great as background music. But for a vocal song, I'm not impressed. What annoys me is the bland Kajiuran bridge followed by a violin cameo then HIKARU singing two lines then another long flute cameo. It's just not much of the girls singing honestly lmao and the lives are evidently boring since they're just smiling and waving about like flowers. Snooze.

The closing lines are just trying too hard to be dramatic but fail IMO.

I like fotw better when they cut the whole middle part and sing straight to "kurai umi no mukou...bokura no uta" as shown in Music Fair live. The song feels (and sounds) more solid that way. I really hate the random Kajiurago bridge that leads to the strings playing the slightly modificated intro. Meh.

I like symphonia for the same reason as Atlas posted. Talking about flute, the only Kala RHH song that fully utilises it is Yume no Daichi. The flute is present all over the song and it brings a really peaceful atmosphere to the song, as if lulling you to the land of dreams (lol). The flute in storia was just there after the second verse before the bridge and to play the verse's melody/replacing kajiurago in the end of the song because iirc the flute wasn't there in the end of storia TV ver. where the girls sing the opening kajiurago of Historia op.theme. The flute was a nice touch in symphonia but it's not really impactful. In fotw it was just random.

^YES. The flute leading in from "tsureteyuku.." into the Kajiuran in Yume no Daichi is what makes the song. Thank you for reminding me :) completely agreed.

This discussion has made me want to go back and listen to Yume no Daichi with a different outlook because I actually haven't listened to it in a while. Upon checking iTunes, I'll have to change my previous statement. Aside from symphonia (the tv version, which I'm pretty biased toward), Yume no Daichi has waaay more listens than fotw and storia combined. Huh, I do remember not liking Yume no Daichi at one point. It guess it grew on me and I never really noticed. Still working on fotw, though.

Heey, I come back to this forum in a (rare) moment of free time and now we have two future songs? This is great, I'll be busy more often (?).

I can barely hear this 15 seconds, but it seems nice. Not WOW, but, anyway, I wasn't expecting that (I've never fully love either storia, Symphonya, Yume no Daichi or far on the water). But I'm in the mood for calm songs right now, so it's welcomed.

I just listened to FOtW again just now and yeah, it has that repetitive vibe and long instrumental parts. I kind of wish Keiko had more lines in this since her opening lines are so captivating. I love Wakana and Hikaru's voices, but Keiko really shined here. Yume also took a little while to grow on me, but since I saw it live at ACen an in the PV during the panel, I loved it. Symphonia is still kind of just okay for me. Storia I loved on first listen. I still love the studio version, like Season said the opening is kind of abrupt. And they can never seem to get it right in a concert (or on TV) yet, I think anyways. I love the chimes towards the end. Anyways... I am looking forward to this song. (And hopefully new music from Yuki from the series as well.) Will this be a single or will it be on the next album like the previous RHH songs?

I've liked all the RHH songs except FOtW, though Yume no Daichi had to grow on me. It only grew on me recently, when I happened to watch the PV on VEVO. Though Yuriko Kaida's Kajiuriago throws me off, it's very pretty, especially at the part where they all have lines after each other. Storia I like because of its harmonies, and generally happy atmosphere. The bridge is also beautiful. I like Symphonia from the first listen, though the opening can drag on (the moving part isn't until ~1:30, when Wakana takes over lead). For FOtW, I like all the parts except Hikaru's verse by them self, but they are all lazily strung together, especially the extremely lazy transition from the Kajiuriago into the intro-esque violin. And the instrumental part is way too long. From when Wakana lets off the last note in the chorus (I consider Kajiuriago instrumental in Kala songs) until Hikaru comes back in is 1 minute 10 seconds. Of the songs already somewhat meager 4:30, nearly half of that is instrumental.

I'm hoping this means a new album, though it seems a bit too soon. If it releases around Sept-Oct, then that would be only 1 year between this and FOtW. Plus, it would only have 1, maybe 2, singles on it. Though SH and RM were only a year apart, they still had pretty rapid-fire releases between then, with RM having 4 singles on it.

http://mantan-web.jp/2016/04/12/20160412dog00m200013000c.html

98c83fa0gw1f2u6kv19ghj212f1p4dwq.jpg

98c83fa0gw1f2u6kx9hfqj21331o84dv.jpg

98c83fa0gw1f2u6kzws88j21361p4aqw.jpg

98c83fa0gw1f2u6l2bbz9j21kw0xaqgs.jpg

98c83fa0gw1f2u6l50nesj21kw131h0n.jpg

98c83fa0gw1f2u6l87fztj21h8146aud.jpg

98c83fa0gw1f2u6lal6q9j21kw12bqg2.jpg

Right, I guess storia was a single too, but the last 3 RHH songs were in the albums. So that's why I said it. We could get a few more singles before Oct. But a December would be a nice time for an album too.

Back