Kalafina 10th Anniversary Live at Nippon Budokan (2018-01-23) (BD/DVD Release June 13/2018)

Oh I was about to ask about the accordion, since only Gin niwa uses it hue. So she played in Serenato? Interesting choice, since it's middle eastern style. Mite b cool.
Middle eastern French Japanese fusion. I liek

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have to find something in myself that can appreciate Progressive outside of the Kajiurago bridge, because I really am not a fan of the song.

Did anyone of those who attended spoted any cameras ? It ll be really stupid of Sacra if they leave this unreleased.

it should be a disc release there were cameras all over the stage. It was an incredible concert with so many songs (*edit I never heard live) like Lirica and Adore.
Hikaru was a bit shaky for the first 2 songs especially in Mirai with the long notes. But after she warmed up she was showing close to her old self again especialy with Aria. Wakana's singing was flawless this concert, Keiko was great too! I like how you hear her parts more live, she sometimes gets drowned out in recording.

They also said in one MC they didnt bother with too many clothes changes or the usual encore this time because they wanted to spend as much time singing as possible. That and Wakana was visibly crying at the end. It feels like this maybe the last big concert for a while......There was no word about Yuki and Spacecraft just the trailer for the film at the end and the list of 100 Kalafina fan voted songs.

Did anyone of those who attended spoted any cameras ? It ll be really stupid of Sacra if they leave this unreleased.

Once the video is released, lets play the "spot the CPMers" game, I bet we might have been pretty recognizable, since we put our heart and soul into this. Worth remembering forever. Wakana on the brink of tears. Bride dresses. Serenato. And the Alleluia finisher was right in the kokoro

Once the video is released, lets play the "spot the CPMers" game, I bet we might have been pretty recognizable, since we put our heart and soul into this. Worth remembering forever. Wakana on the brink of tears. Bride dresses. Serenato. And the Alleluia finisher was right into kokoro
:comeback::cry:they're too precious for this world!!! I hope they liked our book!!

Yeah the book looks wonderful, I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

inbox.me.email.for.secret.surprise.m4a.file.of.me.singing.songs.wink.wink

But on a serious note I really want to thank @Smiley for delivering the book from production all the way to the present box!! And of course everyone who contributed to the efforts!! I had a pleasure to meet her and she is just A WONDERFUL HUMAN SOUL!!!

And shout out to @MegyTomitatsu for helping me with tickets.. you truly are the best!!!!!! Didn't earn a dime off those tickets... I would've had to pay an arm and a leg if I bought them off auctioning... thank you again......

And @Hadi_sama for helping me get live goods! Cus that LINE WAS INSAAAAAAAAANE!

What a wonderful community of fans we have here .... i am so touched by how helpful everyone is and how open to sharing and caring this CPMe family is!!

^^^ I know, right? It indescribably harshly disappoints me that I don’t know any of you physically.

DUQgt6YUMAA_Dxi?format=jpg&name=orig.jpg

The setlist based on what album & anime it's from. Unsurprisingly, very seventh heaven-heavy.

Source: :fan:

Been reading this thread with great interest. Sounds like it was a great performance overall and the cpm members that were able to go had a lot of fun.

Anyone have any disappointments or was all 30 songs done well?

AFTER THOUGHT: listening to them raw during live made me realize how much processing goes into their live DVD releases... nothing at all like attending the actual concert!!! It's so bare and raw and naked IRL omg so much better. WAKANA sounds LESS HONKY without all that reverb. I actually enjoyed Natsu no Ringo live. And KANTANKATAN was so much more bearable because of this!

I have never been to a Kalafina or FictionJunction live but when I play FictionJunction and Kalafina Blu Rays on my Monitor Audio speakers and turn the volume up it sounds like I have been transported to the event. The sound becomes lifelike and sounds like they are in the room with me. The FictionJunction Blu Rays have a surprising amount of detail. I urge any member here to invest in a good hifi system if funds and living space allow and connect Blu Ray player to a good DAC. Totally worth it!

One member here mentioned cameras and recording equipment at this anniversary event so hopefully we will get a Blu Ray release because I will pre order it day 1. I cannot wait!

Oh and I am glad Hikaru let her hair grow :)

@Squall Leonhart no no no when I say raw I mean "unedited". There DEFINITELY is studio editing in their audio/video releases. I know that for a solid fact now. The flat notes, sharp notes, overpowering vocals of one singer over the other, reverb level, echo level... from the moment they started singing in "ring your bell", I heard a difference. I was definitely naive to think that they ACTUALLY sounded like the DVD releases in their lives.

BUT I MUCH PREFER RAW LIVE AUDIO OVER EDITED STUDIO MAGIC AUDIO. It's so much more real and less of a facade...

Nice to know they were great live :) can't wait for the releases

My only disappointment is that they played Hevenry Blu instead of say, Matakaze. That's all I'd change really. I'm not a huge fan of RYB or Mirai either but it allowed the girls to warm up with songs I don't really care enough about if they aren't perfect.

And yeah the difference between the recordings and the actual lives is massive. I love their live releases but there's really nothing quite like actually attending a live, it's such a beautiful experience. Feels so much more natural.

inbox.me.email.for.secret.surprise.m4a.file.of.me.singing.songs.wink.wink

But on a serious note I really want to thank @Smiley for delivering the book from production all the way to the present box!! And of course everyone who contributed to the efforts!! I had a pleasure to meet her and she is just A WONDERFUL HUMAN SOUL!!!

And shout out to @MegyTomitatsu for helping me with tickets.. you truly are the best!!!!!! Didn't earn a dime off those tickets... I would've had to pay an arm and a leg if I bought them off auctioning... thank you again......

And @Hadi_sama for helping me get live goods! Cus that LINE WAS INSAAAAAAAAANE!

What a wonderful community of fans we have here .... i am so touched by how helpful everyone is and how open to sharing and caring this CPMe family is!!

No probs, I'm glad that I could help in any way. I'm really glad you guys enjoyed the live :hero:
I'm sorry you couldn't stay tho. But then again, since the live lasted longer than all of us expected, the dinner passed quite quickly haha

The book was really amazing, and I wad surprised we did physically written messages too. It was fun running around, recruiting people to write :XD:
Thanks much to @Smiley and her group for all the work and effort they've done!

The quality of the girls' singing was outstanding! They delivered very well, Wakana was truly good.
Hikaru was hitting some high slightly operatic notes like a boss, but I'm frustrated at myself for not being able to remember which song!
Serenato with ACCORDION was the best thing ever to happen.
Aria gave me goosebumps throughout the whole performance. It was a lover key, but extra powerful.
I was crying throughout the entire Hikari Furu. The bride dresses made my heart skip about 8 beats.
Lirica was damn good especially Keiko's kajiurago solo, that was amazing.
And kantankatan I almost jumped to the ceiling when the song started!!!

I will probably write a long report when I come home, might as well post it here.

They actually stuck to the fans' votes on Harmony site for the songs. At the end of the live they showed top 100.

The only thing that worries me is complete lack of stage performance, theatrics and effects. They did none promotion for the live itself and seems not much was invested. It's kinda disappointment that it's a big milestone, but regarding the stage performance it felt like a random live...
Also, why hire the accordionist if you'll use her for only like two songs?? And one of those two is even not a Kalafina song lmao
And no announcements was a bit weird as well.
I hope everything is okay and we get something soon.

Hm, didn't they say their plan was to focus on the singing more rather than theatrics this time around? Sure I heard that mentioned somewhere. Also I do wonder if they decided to go back to their old style of live performances as a throwback to where they started.

Whilst it might seem kinda basic compared to what they could've done to some of us I reckon it might've well been a huge nostalgia hit for those who've been there from the start.

Also the Hikaru operatics were at the start of Oblivious.

Back