Kalafina 10th Anniversary Live at Nippon Budokan (2018-01-23) (BD/DVD Release June 13/2018)

@george1234 I see. The staff just deleted their previous post lol
here: https://lineblog.me/kalafina/archives/67143119.html

『Kalafina 10th Anniversary Film ~夢が紡ぐ輝きのハーモニー~』の特別映像とキービジュアルが完成しました。特別映像は下記URLから!

bM1QHbSN-GzMpTklbGBM-Pxh-NiJ1VxFqBEkpXHpnNioTXQxxZjcqYHwvSXd2GlUKYEFdO3ktTGMjHVMPZk8YPHh-Tz92Hlc.jpg

特別映像はコチラ
https://youtu.be/EQeBJz7qft0

また、オフィシャルサイトもリニューアルいたしましたのでぜひ、チェックしてみて下さい!
http://kalafina10th-film.jp

And I love the way Kalafina promote their goods lol :XD:

DUNZWcyVoAEghc-.jpg

source

ARIA sounded great though. I was worried when it started but she did it.

The bridal style outfits were only for Hikari Furu. They took them off after that song for more standard dresses.

I imagine they're the ones producing or publishing the movie... mebbe.

Btw, how was Hikaru? Did she recover from her problems?

I need this to be recorded. Lirica and serenato? Please please please.
it should be a disc release there were cameras all over the stage. It was an incredible concert with so many songs (*edit I never heard live) like Lirica and Adore.
Hikaru was a bit shaky for the first 2 songs especially in Mirai with the long notes. But after she warmed up she was showing close to her old self again especialy with Aria. Wakana's singing was flawless this concert, Keiko was great too! I like how you hear her parts more live, she sometimes gets drowned out in recording.

They also said in one MC they didnt bother with too many clothes changes or the usual encore this time because they wanted to spend as much time singing as possible. That and Wakana was visibly crying at the end. It feels like this maybe the last big concert for a while......There was no word about Yuki and Spacecraft just the trailer for the film at the end and the list of 100 Kalafina fan voted songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably a good thing that it might be the last big concert for a while though. The girls haven't performed for what, a month or so since the acoustic lives? Having had a good time to rest after so much constant touring over the last couple years or so probably helped them sound so wonderful today.

No announcement for another album? Whyyyy? Hopefully soon. I am curious about the film. But I am sure the concert will be separate from that, or I hope. Also wow, that set list is grand! Kantan, lirica (i think the person meant they hadn't seen it in person before), serenato, I wish Natsu no Ringo was there... They don't sing it that often. But it looked like it was a great live. I wanted to see them in the wedding dresses! Were they the ones from previous pictures of new ones? Wow. I kind of wanted the pajamas, how are they? Comfortable? I am not that into sharks though... Wakana being into them though. Lol I hope someone puts a full report online soon!

I'm gonna assume that they've decided to hide all the announcements inside the film. The fact that they said it'd have something looking into the future of Kala makes me convinced at least.

On HIKARU, I will say that her control of her head voice is very very good during a live performance. She used it in oblivious again, and it sounded superb. And can I say how glad I am that her hair grew longer again ?? Shoot I hated it during 9+ONE and Hyakka Ryouran photo shoot!!!

However her solos throughout the lives were weak. She was hardly audible in mirai at the end of the choruses ("soba ni iru yo zutto"). Voice so thin and strained. In ARIA, I was preparing myself for WAKANA to sing all the choruses. But HIKARU surprised me on that one... I'll say her LAST CHORUS was the best and really really powerful. She struggled with the higher notes of her lines in "natsu no ringo" (btw it was so great hearing Edna on percussion for this track...)

Briefly on KEIKO, she was using cutesy voice on kimi ga hikari ni kaeteyuku omg why why why and she gave me way too much oomph on her notes in ALLELUIA... like notes were hammered in! HER KAJIURAN SOLO IN LIRICA AND RED MOON THOUGH OMGGGGG FIRE ON ICE!!! Liked her "yaiba..." line in Hyakka ryouran more in this live version than in studio version.. not as shaky.

WAKANA OMG she was so good throughout. Hardly any flats and off keys. Only note that quivered was her high head voice notes at the end of "ring your bell". Was really impressed that she kept her composure... even AFTER LIRICA OMG she was singing so beautifully. And hearing her voice alone crystal clear? Just gold traveling through wavelengths into my ear.

No announcement for another album? Whyyyy? Hopefully soon. I am curious about the film. But I am sure the concert will be separate from that, or I hope. Also wow, that set list is grand! Kantan, lirica (i think the person meant they hadn't seen it in person before), serenato, I wish Natsu no Ringo was there... They don't sing it that often. But it looked like it was a great live. I wanted to see them in the wedding dresses! Were they the ones from previous pictures of new ones? Wow. I kind of wanted the pajamas, how are they? Comfortable? I am not that into sharks though... Wakana being into them though. Lol I hope someone puts a full report online soon!

8. Natsu no Ringo (夏の林檎)

it is there

——
side note, glad my song Progressive was chosen. I called this right from day 1, lol.

I'm scared to hear Mirai again if that's Hikaru's case, hearing those endings from her during the 9+ONE DVD would give me severe anxiety and chest cramping (it's happening now).

Speaking of anxiety, I'm also fearful of watching this concert as so many people are reporting varying degrees of this potentially negative impending aesthetic . . . please, no . . . it just make me remember Destiny's Child announcing that they wanted to "end on a high note" . . .

Last edited:
I would say it was more good than bad. They focused a LOT more attention on vocals than kaladancing (although I must say I'm mad they didn't kaladansu during MANTEN!! WHAT??????). Also the set list was a great division of vocals/solo opportunities for all the girls. I am really happy with the experience.

I was however discussing with some other fans after the concert...about how they totally didn't use the accordion to its full potential!! Cmon, monochrome! Signal! KIMI NO GIN NO NIWA (alas the set list was controlled by popularity vote)

I'm also mad that they didn't do those fun activities they did during arena live 2016 ("Ongaku" sing along, "in your eyes" mash up with Edna on drums)... wished for more crowd engagement :((((

PS serenato with the accordion intro was sexy af! And Hyakka Ryouran had a flute solo with Rie that was somewhat enigmatic...until the familiar intro kicked in.

Did I mention HIKARU on "progressive" was AMAZING BTW???

AFTER THOUGHT: listening to them raw during live made me realize how much processing goes into their live DVD releases... nothing at all like attending the actual concert!!! It's so bare and raw and naked IRL omg so much better. WAKANA sounds LESS HONKY without all that reverb. I actually enjoyed Natsu no Ringo live. And KANTANKATAN was so much more bearable because of this!

Oh I was about to ask about the accordion, since only Gin niwa uses it hue. So she played in Serenato? Interesting choice, since it's middle eastern style. Mite b cool.

Back