FictionJunction's Toki No Mukou Maboroshi no Sora Lyrics

ZEROoooo your beautiful lyrics :cry: please put them back~
I think everyone can appreciate different takes on the same song, and looking at translations from someone as experienced as you can help other translators learn :shy:

mint, zero, atashi~ your work is so much appreciated! please don't take different versions as "corrections", but rather as interpretations <3

You really shouldn't say that about someone else because that is just really disrespectful.

And I like that everyone just assumes that I'm the bad guy just because I point something out when it bothers me and I'm just trying to solve problems by confronting them. I'm positive all of you know what I'm talking about.

Meanwhile you (ZERO) are here attacking Mint Truffles's self-esteem and her capabilities, and I'm just pointing it out, while everyone else is pointing fingers at me going "why did you start this mess". I am confronting an issue so this community would grow. Sometimes it's neccessary.

For the record, I didn't know Mint prior to entering Canta-Per-Me Forums. We started talking and now we're good internet friends. I don't defend her just because she is "my friend", but because I think what she says is true. So stop with the questioning our relationship, and why I am always there when Mint speaks out to "the order of things".

PS: No one said that you should not be credited, ZERO. Just that there should be equal distribution of credit for effort.

Re:

ZERO said:
I don't know.... I usually check the translations a 2nd or even 3rd time, because Yuki's lyrics are pretty complicated. but Mint got me really pissed off now with her (i know it's a her because of all the whining and b****ness). so f*** it! I'm keeping to myself till next Kajiura's release.

and Mint:
IF YOU HAVE ALL YOUR 4 YEAR EXPERIENCE IN JAPANESE WHY DO YOU EVEN ASK FOR CORRECTIONS FROM OTHERS??? THAT'S SOME PRETTY WEAK CONFIDENCE IN YOUR SKILLS. (INSERT OFFENSIVE WORDS HERE)!!!

george1234:
take my translations down, please. let Mint do it herself.

Let me LMFAO at this statement due to the fact that I simply don't give a f*** about "Toki no Mukou Maboroshi no Sora" and didn't even TRY to transliterate OR translate it. I was CORRECTING JESSICA. I have low self-esteem for STATING THE TRUTH? LMFAO. I LOVE CPMe. I SWEAR. Kowz calls me a drama llama (as if thats NOT a compliment on this forum) and you're telling me that I have low self-esteem because I only have 4 years of Japanese? LMFAO. Which may I add have all been high school Japanese courses + Self-study which is nothing compared to the type of courses YOU may have taken which means I'M F***ING AWESOME. There goes your self-esteem crap down the drain. Let me draw conclusions about you from your posts. You're cocky. Cocky for not looking at the posts of others. Cocky for not wanting to help them improve. FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, I think you being a constant contributor to this site has BOOSTED YOUR EGO A LITTLE TOO F***ING MUCH. And also, since I know the chatroom is going CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY about this, lemme say this: I'm not involved with Hikari no Senritsu or Toki no Mukou Maboroshi no Sora. I don't want to be. I NEVER PLANNED TO BE. I only did Nohara because I LOVE the song to death. I only involve myself with songs where Keiko is a LEAD vocal. Don't take my words in the wrong context. I only said george completely ignored their efforts by only posting ZERO's and Atashi's transliteration. The least he could've damn said was "THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT WORK GUYS :dote: " with all the other corny crap you CPMe people go on with all damn day. The end. o3o

do you know what a llama is?? and do you know what a llama is good for? riding. like a horse. better yet... like a donkey.

Re:

ZERO said:
do you know what a llama is?? and do you know what a llama is good for? riding. like a horse. better yet... like a donkey.
I'd only allow you to do it. :shy:

Anyone can do the equivalent of optical character recognition followed by romaji.org. Translation deserves credit; anything else is unfinished business.

On a related note, whose translation/transliteration of Hikari no Senritsu is in the lyrics section? Atashi's. Whose transliterations (only) is not on that page? Those in square brackets. Someone enlighten me as to why there isn't even a link to those "efforts."

I am so in live with this song! :shy: :shy:

Did anyone else love yuki JAMMIN in the video :XD:

Re:

introspect said:
Anyone can do the equivalent of optical character recognition followed by romaji.org. Translation deserves credit; anything else is unfinished business.

The fact that they all had tried their best to contribute to the site and for them to just get overlooked is really ridiculous. You're just being an asshole.

introspect said:
Whose transliterations (only) is not on that page? Those in square brackets. Someone enlighten me as to why there isn't even a link to those "efforts."
You make no sense.

Kizuato said:
The fact that they all had tried their best to contribute to the site and for them to just get overlooked is really ridiculous.

Do or do not. There is no try. The translator did a translation off CD jacket lyrics and produced a transliteration as a by-product. That's the real contribution and it supersedes any attempt at trying to guess what was said, let alone what it means to non-Japanese speakers.

Kizuato said:
You're just being an asshole.

And you think that jazz is only performed live in America. But so what? Sticks and stones, my friend.

Kizuato said:
You make no sense.

There is evidence that Atashi made the translation because there's a URL to the entry containing it. How is it fair that someone's half-finished "work" is credited with there being no evidence that they did the work?

Re:

introspect said:
And you think that jazz is only performed live in America. But so what? Sticks and stones, my friend.
Uh. You're trying to make the point that I think that Jazz is only performed in America when you took my comment out of context. Since Jazz is MOSTLY popular in America and America is where it was originated, it was basically safe to make that assumption. Now furthermore, you ARE an asshole.

The lyrics are put up so that fans of the songs can sing along to the song using text that shows them how to correctly pronounce the words. Hence why a transliteration is usually preferred before the TRANSLATION. If it's so called "unfinished business", then you need to work on not having a transliteration section at ALL. Do you even KNOW Japanese well enough to sing along with the songs by reading the Kanji alone or even the hiragana?

Re:

introspect said:
There is evidence that Atashi made the translation because there's a URL to the entry containing it. How is it fair that someone's half-finished "work" is credited with there being no evidence that they did the work?

. . . . .wow

Kizuato said:
You make no sense.

Re:

introspect said:
How the hell is that proof that they did the work? That's like me saying Dunkin Donuts originated in Washington state since they have over 50 stores.

Re:

introspect said:
On a related note, whose translation/transliteration of Hikari no Senritsu is in the lyrics section? Atashi's. Whose transliterations (only) is not on that page? Those in square brackets. Someone enlighten me as to why there isn't even a link to those "efforts."

I took the transliteration and translation of the song from Atashi's blog, which is the site I am linking to.
The forum members who did they own transliteration, asked to be credited, and so I did, not to be linked. If I had to post link to every transliteration each of them did it would be around 5-6 links - or more - in total in the case of Hikari no Senritsu (because not only there are various posts, but also 3 different threads with Hikari no Senritsu transliterations) and that would just take too much space on the page. If someone is interested into looking at them he can visit the respective threads. But if you insist I can add these links too.

introspect said:

As to if there is evidence that Atashi did the transliteration herself, first of all I took it from her blog (which is the site I am linking to). Back in February 2009 I had asked her by email, to transliterate / translate Kioku no Mori http://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/kioku-no-mori , at a time when nobody else had done it, and she asked me to link to her blog when I post the lyrics. Same happened later with Lacrimosa http://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/lacrimosa and Parallel Hearts http://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/parallel-hearts/, so I am pretty sure they are her's.
Also, when it comes to internet, you can't trust nobody unless you see him/her by webcam doing the work you doubt he/she does, until then you can only trust him/her.

Why do you call it "unfinished work" since in her entries she has post kanij/romaji/tranaslation ?

Re: Re:

george1234 said:
introspect said:

I took the transliteration and translation of the song from Atashi's blog, which is the site I am linking to.
The forum members who did they own transliteration, asked to be credited, and so I did, not to be linked. If I had to post link to every transliteration each of them did it would be around 5-6 links - or more - in total in the case of Hikari no Senritsu (because not only there are various posts, but also 3 different threads with Hikari no Senritsu transliterations) and that would just take too much space on the page. If someone is interested into looking at them he can visit the respective threads. But if you insist I can add these links too.

introspect said:

As to if there is evidence that Atashi did the transliteration herself, first of all I took it from her blog (which is the site I am linking to). Back in February 2009 I had asked her by email, to transliterate / translate Kioku no Mori http://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/kioku-no-mori , at a time when nobody else had done it, and she asked me to link to her blog when I post the lyrics. Same happened later with Lacrimosa http://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/lacrimosa and Parallel Hearts http://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/parallel-hearts/, so I am pretty sure they are her's.
Also, when it comes to internet, you can't trust nobody unless you see him/her by webcam doing the work you doubt he/she does, until then you can only trust him/her.

Why do you call it "unfinished work" since in her entries she has post kanij/romaji/tranaslation ?
George, he said that transliterations are "unfinished work", not Atashi's posts.

Back