「FictionJunction 2010-2013 The BEST of Yuki Kajiura LIVE 2」on June 3

• Thread starter Thread starter elcazador
  • Start date Start date
+1

Expected leaks soon.
People have already gotten their copies

Didn't pre order, might get it after Kalafina Budokan BDs.

My review for Disc 1 Will update for 2 and 3 when I listen to them

Frenetic: Would prefer if Wakana used soprano voice instead of just singing it normally.
Himitsu: Is it me or Yuriko's voice sounded week on this one :( I was expecting more girls to be in chorus than only Wakana.
sweet memories: So nice!! :dote: it sounds like a completely new track with this performance compared to the ost ver.
hepatica: Oh so touching!! Its the first time we hear Eri Itou in ballad song in YK live and she sounds amazing!! I could listen to this for ever.
godsibb: Sounds just as awesome as in vol 4 but with much clearer sound <3
song of storm and fire: just as good as vol 2 but better sound.
ring your bell song: OMG its FULL, that "aaah" was so cool and the chorus part so touching <3<3 :love:
Toki no Mukou: Ugh why are the instruments more loud than the vocals ?
Eleanore: Sounds slower than vol 11 one, but like it :D
Madlax mix: Prefer the vol 11 one, since Yuuka sang it better on that one :) I love following the violin during the vocal parts.
winter: I think Kaori's english are kind of better in this compared to DVD ?
secret game: oh why the use the same SFX with himitsu ? Keiko's harmony was great. I want Kasahara version though too.
maze is amazing, great synch of the girls <33 Would be even better if Kasahara sung in it too.
canta-per-me: It didnt sound as bad as grunty described it, maybe she didnt used vibrato as she usually does.
salva nos: Kasahara + badass guitar = EARGASM! But I feel like the instruments here too kind of overlap her voice. OMG that "aah" with Keiko chorus 3:54 :nosebleed:
where the lights are: Yuriko sounds very relaxing here <3 but shouldnt it be Wakana singing it ?

Disc 2

lotus: wow, that violin intro <3 it was better than vol 9's! FJ ver :) I think it would be more fitting if Kaori was lead, but Wakana does good job too :D refrain part is same as vol 9.
EGO: I dunno but violin sounds bad at the beginning, as if its distorted ? The girls are doing great job on the vocals, and wow at Keiko and Yuriko @ 03:07 that was scary :love:
I swear: Keiko has a sweeter tone to her voice on this one I think.
Of course the chorus, like vol 9, is better than the fail attempt of Bindiger.
Heigen: Ahh so relaxing! I think they sing refrain better here than in album version.
the begging to the end: ERI! :love: Too bad she has only 2 lines on this one :XD: but she sung them as dramatic as she could.Love the flute. Ugh why Kyoichi had TO SMASH his fav part of drums set (cymbals) at the end ? It would be better with regular drum.
the battle is to the strong: OMG THIS POWER :nosebleed: Their singing is much better than in the Typemoon event. The strings sound more real too. Yuki has to play this one on the Orchard Hall lives.
Oh Satoyama theme with the real vocal and flute! So peaceful :tea: I think this has additional vocals compared to the the OST ver.Love the part at 03:30
credens justitiam: Oh its with Eri Itou :D I think its missing some power compared to the Madoka OST ver, and the calm parts make it sounds like an upbeat ballad when its actually a battle theme. Seems more like a Mirai-ished version of the original.
maybe tomorrow: sounds normal XD
Will skip Gin no Hashi and Hikari no Yukue since they are you from the same live that was Ustreamed.
marcy of nature: peaceful and sweet
first love: Oh the flute sounds so good :tea: the violin too. I just love this.
carnival in blue sounds so good, as if they are in front of you playing, great sound quality so beautiful performance :love:
OMG moonflower with Eri Itou!! instrumental is beautiful
This paradise regained was the best we have gotten so far :tea:

I agree with @ grunty that they need to release a whole Soundtrack special concert. These on these 2 discs sounded amazing.

Disc 3

I skip Distance and stone cold

Uta: Wow Asuka actually kinda sounds like Chiaki somehow :XD: Maybe Hikaru + Asuka = Chiaki ? The flute is very nice, violin and chorus part are love <3
Yasashii Yoake: Yuuka's voice sounds more low than usually on this one :)
Point Zero: Kasahara!! <3 :nosebleed: Too bad the strings/horn are playback.
let the stars fall down: I think Hanae takes a more front role in this compared to vol 9.
Rainbow: Piano-only part was boring, but OMG, Remi , she sounds BEAUTIFUL :love: I hope the booklet has the lyrics
luminous sword: in rainbow I couldnt tell if it was Remi or Eri until I arrived here. Remi version sounds hundreds times better than FJ-only one.
Historia OP theme: Somehow it sounds very very close to the CD ver, Kaori wasnt heard clearly I could confuse them.
voices silently sing: This was the one that the guys that attended the live advertised the most. Saxophone is missing SO much :( and as I see they replaced it with flute (doesnt fit). Cool Guitar, I think Yuki put it too soon into the song. The chorus could be done with more harmonies too, like in the CD ver. In this one sounds like Yuriko and Wakana dont sing that much.
On the other hand, once upon a time... is beautifully done :done: but I fill like the "scary part" didnt durate long enough. The original had a certain build up that this one misses, but I do like the bass at the end.
Alone: Ahh I miss that since the bootleg,but wait, and it turned out to be short ver :cry: ok they somehow linked it with Bloody Rabbit.. I guess it makes sense plot wise, but doesnt melody wise lol. Bloody Rabbit sounds very hyped, I like! Contractor is also kinda linked. Wow I love this fast singing. Didnt liked Kaori's "cante sorta" (01:47), I guess she didnt synch well ? but she sounds good after the instrumental. Wow at Keiko's part :D Love how they kinda shared this song.
The world: The "Yehs" are obviously playback, but would be cool if they were real since they have Bindiger there anyway :P she's lazy or what ?
I think its obvious she has grown older since its heardable in her voice tone. She sings this one good though. Love the violin solo. Wow at the drums at the end :D
Fake wings: As much as ironical it sounds, Kaori sings this better (except acccent). Why short ver when you brought the original singer to sing ? Objection!
Sweet Song: Sounds good (lol) love the flute at the end.
open your heart: Loved the intro, was that Remi ? Emily sounds good here.
Wow, Kasahara! Then Emily again and FJ chorus :D Accordion! Remi seems to sing the italian pretty well. Wtf is the studio sound at 4:00 ?! keyboard ? I think "open your heart" is a better closing song than "angel gate" since its repeatitive so it give chance to all to sing.

Last edited:
godsibb: Sounds just as awesome as in vol 4 but with much clearer sound <3
song of storm and fire: just as good as vol 2 but better sound.

I kindly disagree, lol. Vol#2 FTW. The amount of prerecorded music in these is astounding compared to vol#2. Then there's the ridiculous editing. For example, listen to Eri @ 3:50 in godsibb. That is just W T F? It's not just that she may have messed up lyrics, the sound completely changes (did they take 20 seconds from a rehearsal? lol). Also Eri's tired vibrato in song of storm and fire (especially in the last minute) is terrible.

Himitsu: Is it me or Yuriko's voice sounded week on this one :( I was expecting more girls to be in chorus than only Wakana.

?? Keiko is definitely there and Kaori's singing with Wakana I guess, which is why that melody is the loudest. No complaints from me about Yuriko in this. She's terrible in canta per me, basically screaming and forcing everything. (And you know I'm a Yuriko fan.)

salva nos: Kasahara + badass guitar = EARGASM! But I feel like the instruments here too kind of overlap her voice. OMG that "aah" with Keiko chorus 3:54

IMHO this version is only interesting for like half of it. Once it reaches the christe eleison part it's pretty much the regular live version.

where the lights are: Yuriko sounds very relaxing here <3 but shouldnt it be Wakana singing it ?

It is Wakana. Yuriko is only doing backup lines.

the battle is to the strong: OMG THIS POWER :nosebleed: Their singing is much better than in the Typemoon event. The strings sound more real too. Yuki has to play this one on the Orchard Hall lives.

I thought Hanae was dying in this track.

Oh Satoyama theme with the real vocal and flute! So peaceful :tea: I think this has additional vocals compared to the the OST ver.Love the part at 03:30

Nope, most/all of the vocals were there in the original. It's just that many Kajiura soundtracks (not just the old ones) have a very muffled sound, especially on vocals.

credens justitiam: Oh its with Eri Itou :D I think its missing some power compared to the Madoka OST ver, and the calm parts make it sounds like an upbeat ballad when its actually a battle theme. Seems more like a Mirai-ished version of the original.

Battle theme? I thought it always was an uplifting record in the show (freedom/happiness or some shit). Guess that's a conversation for a Madoka thread though. Having said that - yes, I also don't like the super soft live arrangement at all, with or without Eri.

Last edited by a moderator:
ring your bell: OMG its FULL, that "aaah" was so cool and the chorus part so touching <3<3 :love:
Ermm I haven't listened yet so I will review or something later, but was this meant to be ring your song?? Or is ring your bell seriously on this?? :omgz:

i haven't listened to it either but it's obviously supposed to be ring your song. George must has kinda brainfarted when he wrote his review lol.

Haha yea, because I write "ring your bell" too often recently, my hand slipped (so I handfarted :XD:) Yes its ring your song, and it sounds great :D

Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but so far, so good. Don't see what the complaints are about since (a) it's edited and (b) I don't care that it is because we get beautiful voices in the end anyways.

Where the lights are was heavenly. I listened to the one Wakana sang almost 10 years ago and it's still just as good.
heigen is still love.
canta per me continues this string of heavenly voices. I missed Yuriko lead songs.
Himitsu just as well was gorgeous.
Pandora Hearts medley blew my ears away. Pretty sure nothing could compare to that unless Kajiura-san finally decides to release a KnK medley (still butthurt it's not here).
Yasashii Yoake was very well sung here. Lovely Yuuka vibrato.

I'll listen to the whole thing in order tomorrow. When I drive for the first time. I hope I don't crash, but even if I do, I die listening to the voice of angels.

I must have died several times during the Tsubasa~Pandora Hearts segment in disc 3.

All those memories.

(a) it's edited and (b) I don't care that it is because we get beautiful voices in the end anyways.

I'm not getting that. Yuriko is still dying in canta per me. Emily is still dying in fake wings. Hanae is still dying in the battle is to the strong. Kaori is still dying in stone cold. Keiko sounds like a digital creation in I swear. Etc.

Damn, open your heart was so beautiful...until Emily came up. I prefer Kaori's version all the way but that Hikaru popping out of nowhere was so glorious xD However this song is a pure bliss, no matter who the singer is.

Still have more to listen to but overall this is a great album and a nice step up from the previous Best of Live. I love all the instrumental tracks-carnival in blue and moonflower being my favorites. I really wish we had gotten a full release of the soundtrack special from vol 9 and the tracks we got here make me really sore that we're never going to hear the others. It actually makes me think that Kajiura is a little out of touch with her fanbase tbh.

I'm still shocked that there is nothing from KnK. We have tracks from some of Kajiura's earliest, obscure soundtracks yet KnK-one of the most significant works in her portfolio-has nothing. It's just weird.

Overall, I liked it more than I thought I was going to.

Crush: I like the heavier drumming, and the new piano and flute bits.

Frenetic: I thought I wasn't going to like it because no Hanae, but I actually enjoyed it. The beginning makes me want more Kaori kajiurago. I also didn't mind Wakana singing the bridge with her normal voice since it’s her old voice. The only thing I didn't like was the transition from bridge to verse.

Himitsu: No keyboard solo! Other than that, pretty good.

Sweet memories: Drumming is a little odd at first, but I got used it.

Hepatica: My sweet Eri. Loved the way she sang it in the repetition. Too bad it’s not the full version, but I guess they need at least a quartet for it to sound good.

Godsibb: Eri’s voice comes and goes in some parts. Is it a sound issue? Other than that, I like the little differences she added to her singing.

A song…: I prefer the vol. 2 performance. The “choir” part sounds better than in Vol. 2, I think.

Ring: your song: Again, the little differences in Eri’s performance.

Eleanore: I didn’t know it was a different arrangement from vol. 11. It’s pretty sweet.

Madlax mix: Still butthurt over no flute solo.

Secret game: NO KASAHARA. Not bad, but too similar to Himitsu.

Maze: NO KASAHARAAAAA. I usually skip it when I listen to the OST, but this sounds like a fun performance. I would like to see video of it.

Canta per me: didn’t like the transition SFX. Yuriko’s voice does sound odd, especially during the verse.

Salva nos: finally, KASAHARA. I prefer this performance over the original. I just wish it had a different violin solo. Oh, and I really like FJ’s DOMINUS DEUS MISERERE at the end.

Where the lights…: Really sweet. I was afraid Wakana had sung it using her normal voice, like Paradise Regained, but nope! It’s also her old voice, so it’s all good.

The beginning of…: ERI! Nice extra flute.

The battle is…: Hanae sounds like she’s struggling to reach her notes.

Satoyama: I love the whole thing. The only thing I didn’t like was the drumming towards the end.

Credens: Muh Eri. I wish she had also sung the bridge. Also, hue, Hanae’s voice isn’t even audible.

The mercy; first love; carnival; gonna groove: all perfect! This is why I wanted the whole third disc dedicated to the instrumental special (and also because of moa Eri).

Moonflower: ERI! It sounds exactly like I imagined hue.

Point zero: a lot better than expected. I like that Yuri also sang with FJChoir instead of just her parts. It really does need a performance with at least the quartet. And while it sounds good with 5 singers, Eri, Hanae, and Remi should’ve joined them. Maybe in vol. 12?

Rainbow theme: Really nice. Really good fit for Remi’s voice. I’m trying to transcribe the lyrics. I’ll post them in the lyrics section.

Luminous Sword: Remi sounds kinda weird here. For a moment I thought Kaori was the one singing at the beginning.

Voices silently sing: ERI!~ I agree with grunty that there’s too much vibrato. Other than that, pretty good arrangement.

Once upon…: EERRII! I like that she combined it with ring your song. It does sound odd without the sound grunty mentioned, but I still loved it.

Alone: !IRE. No flute solo!

Bloody rabbit: OST with FJ doing all vocals when? I didn’t expect Wakana to sing like that in the bridge. I didn’t mind it though, it fits the song.

Contractor: ERRRI! Didn’t like the new vocals, it kinda makes the song more repetitive.

Za warudo: pretty good. Emily’s voice was perfect here. I agree with grunty that the end wasn’t as good as vol. 2. It actually sounds pretty subdued Also, the guitar solo was weak.

Fake wings: Emily started out fine, but the “keep your eyes on me” was messy.

Open your heart: Loved the new kajiurago, especially Kasahara’s. Emily’s voice cracked during one “open your heart”, but she was mostly fine. Yuuka used too much vibrato. Everyone else was pretty good. I really liked the accordion, flute, and synth solos. I really want video of this performance.

Is it obvious I like Eri? huehue

It actually makes me think that Kajiura is a little out of touch with her fanbase tbh.

More like she pays more attention to the Japanese fanbase.

I can listen to the guitar in frenetic all day (because that is my favorite part of frenetic). don't like the drumming here. It's funny how I think I listened to a complete different lyrics between FJ's version and Hanae's version. duh the violin is really disappointing why. they moved the guitar from the ending to the beginning :( I hope they kept the guitar ending. thank god they adjusted the mixing in Himitsu, otherwise I can't enjoy it fully just like in live 9 because all that loud guitar. godsibb (ew @ the extra strings added to the mixing) and asosaf is better in live vol.2. l like this version of Madlax Mix because of full FJ harmony :love: why do we get another version of winter dammit. I need moar Yuriko-Keiko combo like in secret game. Keiko is love love love here and also in maze. agreed with grunty regarding canta per me :( yeay @ salva nos! I can understand why George thought the main vocal in where the lights are Yuriko, I also thought I was listening to Yuriko in some parts.

just listened to I swear and I thought this was supposed to come from the live we got the bootleg already? I think Keiko sounded perfectly fine in that bootleg but they decided to 'tweak' her voice in the second verse because it sounded totally different from the bootleg. and wow I'm pleasantly surprised with Sato's drumming here. It has more power than in live 9 and it's even different from the bootleg iirc. me is not really happy but I'm in love with her "yeyeyeyey" towards the end because she sang it in one breath, unlike in live vol.9. lol @ all the edit they did to Wakana's voice in 'lotus', she sounded like cat mewling in the beginning. who sang the beginning of E.G.O along with Kaori? was it Keiko or was it Wakana? either way I still enjoy the song. did Hanae even sing in credens @Kowz? I don't think so. I don't like how Eri was like all elegant and purring but the FJ girls (except Yuriko) were all excited. The main vocal contrasted too much with the harmonies. I feel like they removed all Wakana original vocal in Gin no Hashi and smoothen some of Keiko's.

I still don't like the zero tracks. buh @ the subdued/muffled vocals in the battle is to the strong. Satoyama Main Theme is love love love. also love all the tracks from soundtrack special. agree, we need a whole CD/DVD dedicated to soundtrack special. omg moonflower is also love love love.

unlike the first live best CD, which mixing is too soft, this one is too loud imo.

Back