「FictionJunction 2010-2013 The BEST of Yuki Kajiura LIVE 2」on June 3

I just listened to it all... I was kinda disappointed... there weren't any interesting new songs, the songs of which we already have a live version of are weak and weird/i don't like the singers changing... *points at the world*
The fate related tracks, Yuriko songs and instrumental songs were good though.

Last edited:
@Varete - I'll wait until I get my copy (should be at the post office tomorrow) and have a proper listen in full quality.

PS, it would have been good to have had some of the tracks from the CLUB LIVE events from early 2013 included.

Here is my review, put it in a spoiler, since it is long. Hope you enjoy. These are just my opinions. (Sorry if I got a little "testy" in some parts. I do not mean anything. I really am a nice person!)
So this is my long review, sorry it’s so long, I just like to cover every song, and that it’s so late. I have been busy since it came out.

Crush: Amazing! Rie’s playing is a little different than the original, but I like different. I love this song, so I was impressed with the live version.

Frenetic: Wow. Wakana is great here! She could have been a little stronger, but I love Yuriko and Keiko in the beginning. This must have been awesome live. Kore’s playing! Amazing as usual. One of my favorite Yuki songs too.

秘密: I love Yuriko’s singing! She should have more solo parts! I know it’s been said before, but just wanted to say it again. Heh Wakana’s English is getting better and better. I got chills when Yuriko started singing during that part.

Sweet memories: Love this song too. It makes me want to get up and dance. Love it.

Hepatica: Not a big fan of the song, but the live was great because of Yuki’s playing. So beautiful. Kaori’s singing is so pretty here.

Godsibb: Love love love Konno’s playing as always. But he is on point with this song. Yuriko is great too. The weird guitar part at the end is… weird. Is Yuki singing in this? I thought I heard her.

A song of storm and fire: The violin in the beginning… already blown away. Yuriko’s singing is brilliant. Is Yuki in this as well? And Remi? Or is it just Yuriko? I love it nonetheless.

Ring your bell… no song! Lol: Wow. I like this song since it reminds me of a Phantom of the Opera song. Kaori(?)’s singing is great. Love her English.

Toki no Mukou ni…: Maybe the drums were a bit too fast? Or loud? But I still love this song and this live is great.

Elenore: Not a fan of the original song, but the live is okay. Just weird for a Live choice.

Madlax Mix: Still awesome.

Cazador del amor: Awesome. Yuuka is maybe a little less powerful than she was in her live volume 11. But I love the live of this song better too.

Winter: Very pretty. Kaori’s wiiii-intaaa is great in the beginning. Lol I like (but it needs to be Spring now! Our weather has been so strange, even for Wisconsin).

Secret game: It’s okay. Not a big fan of this song. But Yuriko’s singing is great and Keiko’s backing is great as always.

Maze: Do not like this song at all.

CPM: I think it’s all right. It’s a shortened version, so it’s kind of weird to end it there. I like it though.

Salva nos: Did not really like this version at all. I think Yuri’s voice was too low and the crazy guitar throws off the song. (I usually love Kore’s improvising, but not here.) Only part I liked was the “Christe eleison.” There have been better lives of this. Am I the only one who doesn’t like this version?

Where the lights are: I really like this song live. It also seems like a musical song, one playing at the end or during a sad part. Almost made me tear up. Wakana sounds so different proves she’s still a great singer in my book.

Lotus: Wakana is really good. Not sure about the beginning. I like that you can barely hear that weird voice, but can at the end. The guitar is a bit weird again, but Konno’s playing is :love:

E.G.O.: Would have been cool to do a flute intro, but still cool. I love Konno, have I mentioned that before? Heh Wakana and Keiko were great and the other girls too.

I swear: Very lovely. I think this song is a bit too long, though. But I still love Keiko’s singing.

Heigen: Very nice version. I don’t listen to this song often, but it was nice to hear it live.

The beginning of the end: Very pretty. Is it Wakana singing at the beginning or someone else? I can’t tell.

The battle is to the strong: It’s Eri, right? I like it. I thought it would be a lot more ear piercing, but the singing was great. The violin is so awesome again. Kore’s playing… wow.

Satoyama main theme: The flute in this reminds me of it in once upon a time there was you and me. It’s a very calming song and I listen to it often.

Credens justitiam: I like this song, and liked the first live I heard of it, can’t remember which one it was, but I liked that version better. This one was lacking in something. I love Konno’s playing though.

Maybe tomorrow: Not really a fan of this song originally, but it’s okay live.

Hikari no Senritsu: I like this song a lot. It’s one of my favorite Wakana songs, and she is great. She sings this with absolute perfection, even though her voice might be a little different now, so what? She can still sing, and this song proves that. I’ve always loved her singing, and always will, so if someone says “oh, she’s singing crappy, or shaky, or it’s not like her old voice” they can suck it. Heh (Sorry, I don’t mean to be rude here, but really, this site is to worship Yuki, and her bands and singers. So if Yuki says she still sings well, and she proves this, then so be it. Okay, I am done. Heh I love the Kajiurago part of the song too.

Gin no Hashi: This live was a little meh to me. I love Keiko’s singing, but all of them should have been a little stronger. (I know, I am contradicting some of my statements heh) I love the piano in the background though. Although I am hearing the words more clearly (even though I don’t know much Japanese) in this than the original. And the guitar/piano duet was great toward the end.

The Mercy of Nature: I love this song and everything about it. The live is great. Konno is just so good.

First love: I don’t listen to this song a lot, but I think I like it better with Rie’s playing here. Is she using a different type of flute? Oh the violin… such love. This is one of my faves off this album even though I don’t listen to the original a lot.

Carnival in blue: I like this song. The accordion was great. But I again don’t listen to it too much. I love Noir/Madlax/Bruja soundtracks though.

We’re gonna grove: The same is said about this as carnival in blue.

Moonflower: LOVE this song. Eri is brilliant! She sings it with perfection I think. I like the original a lot too, since Petite is one of my fave soundtracks by Yuki ever. I wish there had been more songs from that on here. Rie’s playing with Yuki in the background is amazing. Then the accordion. Wow. Great song to hear the live of.

Paradise regained: Another song that I enjoy the live more than the original of. But I think I like another live of it better. It’s still pretty though and Wakana is great.

Distance: I like this live a lot more than others. Kaori shines here. I don’t really like the song, even though there is Keiko.

Stone cold: This song always is awesome live with Yuki singing in it. But she seems softer than normal, but you can still hear her in other parts. Wakana is really great. I always love the Kajiurago part too. Is that Hikaru near the end? It sounds like her.

うた(Uta): I like it. It’s nice and calming. I think Asuka actually sounds a bit like Yuuka, when she sings higher. But it’s a nice cover. I haven’t heard the song before, so it was different for me. It’s nice that Hikaru is included in these lives, even though she’s really part of Kalafina. I really like Asuka’s voice. She hasn’t changed that much since the very beginning. The violin part is love. Wakana is good.

Yasashii Yoake: I like Yuuka’s voice with this song, but maybe she came off a little strong? I know it’s a powerful song, but still. But it’s nice that Yuki experiments with her singers and songs, so that they can still be played, like with Anna ni and Kalafina.

Point Zero: I have said it before, but I love this version. I usually don’t like Yuri in this album, but here she is amazing. And the chanting parts are amazing. Konno’s playing is so great. Is this the one where he has the string quartet with him? This is one of my favorites of this album. I don’t listen to this song often on the ost because it’s played so much during the show. But this version I will love.

Let the stars fall down: Loved this live before, so I love it now. Hanae’s singing is so pretty. Konno is awesome as always and the others are as well. I just can see Yuki’s smile during this performance.

Rainbow Main Theme: I don’t know, I guess I don’t really like this style of song, but REMI is pretty here. Her accent is great. I can imagine some of the audience members crying during this.

Luminous Sword: REMI is great. I love it. This is one of my favorites from the SAO soundtrack, so I like it each time it’s played live. Love the violin, have I mentioned that before? Heh

Historia: Opening Theme: I like it. Wakana is amazing here. I like Kaori and you can actually hear Yuriko. It’s a good version and but I like storia a lot more actually. But Yuki’s playing makes it whole.

Voices silently sing: I thought I would have liked this, and I was so waiting for this song when I got the cd, but it’s kind of meh. I wish they would have kept it the same with this song. Usually I like a little variety. The singing is great though. Rie’s playing is kind of sporadic. Yuki is great though of course. The guitar is just off, I know it had sax, but it could have been done better. (I am sorry Yuki and Kore. I really was hoping for this one to be awesome, since I have grown to really love this song.) The jazzy flute. Lol I would have liked it if it was a different song, but not this. The singing is still great at the end with the piano and drums.

Once upon a time… : Very pretty, maybe a little long though. Better than voices though.

Alone: Love it, so pretty. But it’s so short! And it’s not Wakana, right? It sounds like Hanae. This was one of my favorites from Pandora Hearts.

Bloody Rabbit: Thought it was really great. Even though they had Konno use that weird violin thing again. Darn it, he can really play, don’t make him use that! (Or is that guitar? But I thought they used something like that in the Kimi ga Monogatari ita cover?) I like Keiko in the background. And Hikaru

Contractor: Going right into this was great. And it sounds like it would have been awesome to see it live. Wakana is great in the beginning. Yuriko is great, unless that’s Eri. They sound a little similar. Keiko’s deep voice is love, I did not notice her singing “contractor” in the background until I just heard it again now. hehe

The world: I actually like Emily here. I like her voice a lot and liked her English songs, aside from Sweet Song. It is lacking, but like George has said it’s been awhile since she’s sung it live. I think she did pretty well.

Fake wings: This is a different story however. I do not like this song at all as it is, but I thought maybe the live would be better. Nope.

Sweet Song: I actually like Kaori in this. I think she has gotten way better at English than when she first sung it. She sounds a bit like Emily, her English does I mean. Heh I do like this song live, but not to listen to it on the original or on a daily basis.

Open your heart: I do like the idea of including everyone, but a song like this where it’s basically the same words over and over is kind of blah. She should have chosen something like maybe tomorrow, or even contractor, which I was just listening to, would have sounded better with the mesh. But I guess it’s as it is. I don’t like this song originally though.

Overall I loved the album. Highlights are: the soundtrack pieces of course. More of these please! Moonflower probably is one of my favorites, if not the favorite of the 3 discs. Others are: Godsibb, a song of storm and fire, Point Zero, Uta, Hikari no Senritsu, lotus, Alone, Contractor, and Emily in The World. I liked that Emily was there. And that most of the singers were. I played a song of storm and fire and Point Zero to my brother today and he liked them. Now I just can’t wait until the next live! Wakana was amazing, Keiko great as always, Yuriko great, Kaori awesome, Hanae amazing, Eri great, Yuri great, Hikaru (glad she was there) awesome, Asuka awesome, Yuuka amazing, and Yuki of course a genius. Violin was my favorite of course, as I am a huge Konno fan. But the guitar (Kore) seemed a little weird at parts, but still good, drums good, bass good, flute (Rie) pretty awesome, accordion amazing and the other live instruments great. I would give it a 9 out of 10.

Hepatica: Not a big fan of the song, but the live was great because of Yuki’s playing. So beautiful. Kaori’s singing is so pretty here.

Godsibb: Love love love Konno’s playing as always. But he is on point with this song. Yuriko is great too. The weird guitar part at the end is… weird. Is Yuki singing in this? I thought I heard her.

A song of storm and fire: The violin in the beginning… already blown away. Yuriko’s singing is brilliant. Is Yuki in this as well? And Remi? Or is it just Yuriko? I love it nonetheless.

Ring your bell… no song! Lol: Wow. I like this song since it reminds me of a Phantom of the Opera song. Kaori(?)’s singing is great. Love her English.

Alone: Love it, so pretty. But it’s so short! And it’s not Wakana, right? It sounds like Hanae. This was one of my favorites from Pandora Hearts.

Contractor: Going right into this was great. And it sounds like it would have been awesome to see it live. Wakana is great in the beginning. Yuriko is great, unless that’s Eri. They sound a little similar. Keiko’s deep voice is love, I did not notice her singing “contractor” in the background until I just heard it again now. hehe

I am so triggered right now. Kidding.

Liana, that's Eri.

^In a song of storm and fire you mean? Oh, I see. Sorry, and why are you triggered? Sorry if I got some of the singers wrong. They are singing somewhat differently, so I apologize.

I've had my first listen through now, and it's not as bad to me as some people's opinions had lead me to believe... hard to imagine that it's 2 years already sing YK Live vol. #10.

it took me like four days to listen through this release (I would listen to some songs as I was lying in bed at night since I couldn't listen during the day)

thoughts:

-That Eri Itou medley from KajiFes. wow.
-Asuka's voice is definitely the closest to Chiaki's. Cover more See-Saw songs, plz. Also, I wish they had her sing Yasashii Yoake instead of Yuuka
-Yasashii Yoake, voices silently sing, and moonflower made tears come to my eyes (for Yasashii Yoake it was more because of the instruments than Yuuka's voice, though). However, I'm really not a fan of Akagi Rie's improv solo during voices silently sing. I think she did something similar in vol.11 songs as well
-Sorry, Emily, no one can top Keiko's the world in my book
-It was cool to hear Yuri sing salva nos but I'm not the biggest fan of her voice

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to hear some of these songs! Does anyone know where I can find the song files? I tried lookin on youtube but no cigar..

Awww, you guys. *tears up* And ok Kowz, i was just wondering what you meant by that. Sorry i got the singer wrong. They are singing differently, in the song itself and ow they sing. I wish i was better at hearing the voices. *sigh*

does anyone want me to scan the booklet or has someone done that already?

They've been posted on Chinese boards, so if someone would be willing to repost those (or perhaps already did) you wouldn't need to mess up your booklets.

Yep, Moonflower takes the cake for this album for me. I can't go back to the original now, this one is so amazing! With Yuki's creepy playing, or I think it is creepy anyways heh, and the accordion, and the singing! Oh, and the flute is my favorite part. Sooo good. Sorry, just had to go on a bit more about this song. I wish they would do more from Cossette, like the theme, unless it was done during that soundtrack day. *sigh* I want to go to one of those concerts!

Back