Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Hanako to Anne" TV drama

Yeah, and it was Miss Scott who said that, not Blackburn. It looks like Blackburn will be in a future episode as well! heh Also, I think she had a daughter with her in the very beginning of the show, when she is older. So maybe she has a son and daughter? Or did they change it for the show? I will research more. (Wish @aki was around, he would probably know.) Also there are some books on Amazon.com by Hanako. heh

I'm around now :XD: still on episode 46 though :punched: what were you trying to figure out?

^If Hanako has a daughter and a son? since in the show she has a son, but then in the very beginning, when she's older I thought she woke up her daughter, since she did not say Ayumu, or I thought that. In that link I posted, there's an interview with her grand daughter and she says Hanako has a daughter that knows about her translation during and after the war along with her husband. So did they change it for the show, or does she have a daughter and son like I said before? (We know Ayumu is a boy since Miss Scott said that before they left the house.)

Edit: Yeah, okay, just now watched the beginning of ep 1 and it is her daughter, Satou, that she talks to. She mentions Ayumu I think. I can't quite hear clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:
She might have two children. If that first scene takes place in the distant future, Ayumu could have left for either college or the army.

Yeah, I loved that dulcimer and the xylophone one. I think it will be longer, like another Black Witch song. heh That's what it reminded me of anyways. I think there is room for one more soundtrack, since there have been quite a few new songs, and there's still about 44 more episodes to go! Also, I feel bad for Eiji's dad, I hope both he and Kayo can move on eventually.

from June 18th i counted all the new reported songs, it's 37. but i could be wrong and there were probably some new songs before the first soundtrack release that didn't make the cut.

there was an interview in the sountrack, could someone translate it please? :) (or has it already been translated?)

i think Kugayama posted something but even that i can't make out quite. i looked at the Interviews section in the home website, it's not there. right now i am not even sure if it's an interview :o

^haven't gotten around to working on the interviews page in a while, that's why
hrm...I'll look at it again when I get home

I didn't know that hanako series and its ost become too much popular. ...yesterday I was watching a documentary in NHK channel and suddenly in middle they use the track Like A Wild Flower of Hanako To Anne OST....was so pleased to hear that in such documentary ..... :plot:

I didn't know that hanako series and its ost become too much popular. ...yesterday I was watching a documentary in NHK channel and suddenly in middle they use the track Like A Wild Flower of Hanako To Anne OST....was so pleased to hear that in such documentary ..... :plot:
I am happy to hear that the ost is getting attention because it really is great.

NHK has used Kajiura's work before in other shows and ads too :) i think a Canadian diplomat talked about the show once though not about the music.

thanks aki! much appreciated.

^You mean 111. lol And I really love that piano song at the end. I hope there's a longer version of it. It's so unique to her piano songs. Oooo they meet once again. heh

i think it was used before but it wasn't any longer.

suppose they'll have a fight? :D i really do like the portrayal of the supportive environment of the whole setting that Hana is in btw.

Here is 112: http://www.bilibili.com/video/av1384386/ It cuts out right before the end, but that probably was the end before the announcer says "Gokigenyou sayonara." No fight, wat. I am actually happy for Renko. Though, don't they still have to get a divorce or something? Also, three new songs right in a row! The last one is nice and sweet, reminds me of another song, which I thought it was at first. コトダマ-this one, I think it reminded me of. I am going to miss this show when it's over, but then once it gets all subtitled, I can watch I again.

all of them were used before actually :)

at 04:41, the track is old but there is a new extra horn+strings+piano section at the end which is lovely.

the one (at 10:16) which takes off with a calm ambience and flute has a new arrangement of My Story (strings ver. of the uilleann pipes section) ending with the calm flute+strings again. i like it.

yes i think i will watch it with subtitles too. i'm interested in the history and environment/culture more than the drama but i think it's good pastime.

^If you go on that website that I posted awhile back there's an interview with Hanako's grand daughter. It is very interesting. They also have her desk and other stuff preserved at a museum in Japan. I will have to visit it someday. And yeah, that's what I meant for the My Story arrangement one. I thought the one towards the end was new though, but I guess not. (I can't remember from one day to the next. heh)

Back