Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Hanako to Anne" TV drama

The end almost made me cry. Darn it, why do I have to like Eiji and his brother so much (His name was Takano or something like that, right?) :touched:

the second track is old. there is also a longer strings section.

thanks Liana i will check it out!

I really liked the one that played in the opening of Kayou's shop. And that is really good for her and Eiji's dad. She was really pretty in that purple kimono. I wonder what kind of music will be in there, if any. Maybe it will be Yuki's this time.

the ones at 8:24 and 11:38 were used before i think. not 100% sure about the one at 11:38 though.
i'm really looking forward to the track at 03:33, it's so good. wonder why Hana is crying?

I'm slowly catching up now :XD: currently on #054. I feel like I'm understanding way less than I was before summer orz. Can I strangle Renko's husband and brother plz.

EDIT: eh what why did they skip WWI entirely

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe because Hanako was not really involved in writing like she is in WW2? And it was pretty much forbidden to translate English, whish she still did and only her husband and daughter knew about it. (Don't worry about Renko's husband, he actually turns out pretty nice after everything that happens. I do want to strangle the landlady or whomever is making Renko work though, she keeps saying "osoi" which means you are slow, or too slow or something. It's really annoying and she also looks kind of like the older teacher in Hanako's school, only wrinklier and uglier.)

^ but still that's four years of nothing
tbh I was looking forward to seeing a portrayal of Japan in that period
haven't gotten to when Renko works...

So I'm seeing this peculiar link being circulated around twitter this morning... A track listing and lengths for OST2.

What is so peculiar?
Well, for almost all songs, they credit them as such:
  • 作曲:梶浦由記
  • 編曲:梶浦由記
  • 演奏:Kalafina
Composed and arranged by kajiura, performed by kalafina. Songs with Kajiuran, huh? But what? All of them? Can't be accurate. I haven't been following the show so you guys tell me.

Ok. So what's really peculiar, is song number 35. Light behind the clouds
  • 作詞:梶浦由記
  • 作曲:梶浦由記
  • 編曲:梶浦由記
  • 歌:Kalafina
Lyrics, composed and arranged by Kajiura. Sung by kalafina. Insert song? It's only 2:48 long... New opening? TV size
?? :O that can't be it either. Too long for TV Size.

Last edited by a moderator:
I
So I'm seeing this peculiar link being circulated around twitter this morning... A tracklisting and timings for OST2.

What is so peculiar?
Well, for almost all songs, they credit them as such:

Composed and arranged by kajiura, performed by kalafina. Songs with Kajiuran, huh? But what? All of them? Can't be accurate. I haven't been following the show so you guys tell me.

Ok. So what's really peculiar, is song number 35. Light behind the clouds

Lyrics, composed and arranged by Kajiura. Sung by kalafina. Insert song? It's only 2:48 long... New opening? TV size
I have no idea what that kalafina business is about. There have only been two songs in this new batch of music. One was sung by a man while the other was sung by either REMI or Hanae.

I thought that one sung by a man was not Yuki though? It did not sound like her work, though I had to turn it down because of his loud voice. I am pretty sure someone said REMI was the other one. But there's been no Kalafina yet. We were speculating that there could be a new theme or an insert song towards the end of the show, which is getting close that's by them, or someone new. Unless that Light behind the clouds is their song, but there hasn't been any announcement for another new single, besides the one they are doing for the Fate S/N show. But it would be nice and a pretty title, they have not had a title like that yet.

I don't really see them going with an English song title though, if it's the op. I think they would stick with a Japanese title so that it would stick with viewers more. Or at the most, a simple title.

@Liana: Maybe they plan to include at as a b-side in FSN single, if that info is correct, or in the next album which wont be too late since FSN is the third single after alleluia and kimo ni gin. or forth if you count heavenly blue

every track seems to list Kalafina as a performer. i somehow think the track listing may be correct but not the involvement of Kalafina. unless there really is a new song which i feel is unlikely.

i said it was Remi but after a few listens, i think it is Hanae. Anyways, i don't think they included that man's song either.

35. Light behind the clouds

It's only 2:48 long... New opening? TV size
35. Light behind the clouds - Probably à la 「storia」
The rest of the list seems to be similar in style to the earlier OST.

Haven't been up to date as I would like with this series but I've noticed the longer version of the current OP plays for approximately 1 Minute 25 Seconds.
2:48 is indeed too long to be an OP so it should be a new BGM(?)

Deep down I wanted Kajiurago but that doesn't fit 「Hanako to Anne」 no matter how you look at it. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

For those wondering about the ratings, Hanako to Anne is doing very well.

It has consistently maintained ratings above 21% for the 18 weeks since it aired in the Kanto region. And I saw it go as high as 25.9% on some days.

Here are the last few Asadora's average weekly ratings
22.6% 花子とアン(18週現在) Hanako to Anne, (18 week average)
22.4% ごちそうさんGochisousan
20.6% あまちゃん Amachan
17.1% 純と愛 Jun to Ai
20.7% 梅ちゃん先生 Umechan Sensei

Gochisousan was considered a great hit and Hanako to Anne's average is currently slightly higher. Mainichi Shinbun was saying that Gochisousan achieved ratings that were the highest in 10 years. Shows prior to umechan senei back in 2010/2011 averaged around 17-19%. There seems to be an upward trend for Asadoras, which used to do under 14% even. There are, however, sites reporting review site users giving Hanako a rather critical review despite its ratings.

Full weekly ratings, columns are Kanto, Kansai and Hokkaido
初回視聴率(3/31月)       21.8%     18.1%      ?

最高視聴率           25.9%(7/5土) 25.0%(7/14月) 21.6%(7/7月)     

第1週「花子と呼んでくりょう」 23.5%(4/4金) 19.7%(4/4金) 18.7%(4/3木)

第2週「エーゴってなんずら?」 22.3%(4/11金) 21.2%(4/11金) 18.0%(4/9水)

第3週「初恋パルピテーション!」 24.6%(4/18金) 21.3%(4/18金) 20.9%(4/19土)

第4週「嵐を呼ぶ編入生」    24.2%(4/22火) 22.3%(4/25金) 19.2%(4/24木)

第5週「波乱の大文学会」  23.5%(5/2金) 21.9%(5/1木) 18.8%(4/28月・4/29火)

第6週「腹心の友」         24.8%(5/9金) 23.0%(5/6火)  19.0%(5/10土)

第7週「さらば修和女学校」 23.4%(5/14水) 23.3%(5/14水) 21.5%(5/17土)

第8週「想像のツバサ?」    24.0%(5/22木) 22.6%(5/21水) 19.5%

第9週「はな、お見合いする」   24.8%(5/26月) 22.4%(5/29木) 19.1%

第10週「乙女よ,大志を抱け!」  23.1%(6/5木) 23.2%(6/6金) 21.0%(6/5木)

第11週「グッバイ!はな先生」  24.3%(6/11水) 22.5%(6/9月)  20.3%(6/13金)

第12「銀座のカフェ-で会いましょう」23.5%(6/17火)24.0%(6/18水) 20.8%(6/18水)

第13「その恋、忘れられますか?」24.2%(6/24火) 22.7%(6/24火) 20.9%(6/27金)

第14週「ゆれる思い」      25.9%(7/5土) 23.8%(7/3木) 20.0%(7/2水)

第15週「最高のクリスマス」   25.2%(7/11金) 24.6%(7/10木) 21.6%(7/7月)

第16週「あなたがいる限り」   24.7%(7/15火) 25.0%(7/14月) 19.7%(7/14月)

第17週「腹心の友ふたたび」  23.3%(7/25金) 23.2%(7/25金) 20.3%(7/25金)

第18週「涙はいつか笑顔になる」23.6%(8/1金) 24.1%(7/31木) 18.5%(7/30水・8/2土)

Deep down I wanted Kajiurago but that doesn't fit 「Hanako to Anne」 no matter how you look at it. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

They've already used a Kajiurago song at the beginning of episode 97.

Yeah, they did this for the RHH ost 3, where they listed Yuki and Kalafina as a composer, at least that's how my cd turned out in iTunes, but they actually sung for Historia, so maybe there will be a Kalafina song for this? And George, I was just saying that maybe there will be a Kala song for this show, and include it in a new album? I don't think they would put it with a completely different type of show, an anime, since this is a live action drama. It would be kind of weird. I am hoping for a mostly Keiko song again though, like Alleluia, since her voice would be fitting for the show.

Back