Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Hanako to Anne" TV drama

^They are all rushed. I mean, look at how fast Junpei and Renko's little girl (not sure of her name, or if they even said it) grew up? I mean, that's like 7 years of nothing. I know they are trying to jam everything into 153 episodes, but still. I am hoping I can find Hanako's autobiography in English somewhere, as I would like to read it.

Yuki has an appearance on some TV show today right? Has heard anything about it?

^ I saw a tweet about it:

https://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/504575881398861824

本日「スタジオパークからこんにちは」に出演させて頂きました。伊藤雄彦さん、竹下景子さんの柔らかで軽妙なトークに支えて頂いて本当に楽しい時間でした。小松崎健さんにも素敵なハンマーダルシマーの生演奏を頂きました。ご覧下さった、お便り下さった皆様改めて本当にありがとうございました!

loved the scene when Hana is translating Pollyanna. a direct contrast between what had happened and Pollyanna.
so it is 1938.
can someone find what went on in that interview? or was it too short anyway?

Aww, was that a pic at the end of her daughter and Ayumu? That was sweet. *sniff* But yeah, and it seems like Hana and Eiji never get old, but Hanako's parents do. So how old is she right around now with her daughter at that age?

Aww, was that a pic at the end of her daughter and Ayumu? That was sweet. *sniff* But yeah, and it seems like Hana and Eiji never get old, but Hanako's parents do. So how old is she right around now with her daughter at that age?

Isn't that girl Momo and Akira's child?

^I didn't think so, since the baby seemed like the same one as her first one, and when she saw Hanako come in the door I thought she said "Okasa" which means Mother. But I guess since she wasn't that old when we see Hanako older during the war, like in the beginning of the series, so maybe that is Momo's daughter. I guess I got confused, but how old is Hanako here? She looks like she's still only in her 30's.

I guess she did not actually spend a lot of time at home like we see in the show, she still worked at the publisher and for the radio. I read it in an article about Hanako's life. I would one day like to go to Prince Edward Island and see the house that was used in the Anne of Green Gables story.

the first two tracks are old. the first one has a longer strings section.
the last one was nice.

no idea about the dog. at least make Hana's hair white a bit right?

For those watching the show right now, do you think there's a chance we'll get a third ost?

no idea. seems that we have more than 37 tracks. but I can't be sure unless someone rips them. right now, I can't do it and won't be able to in the near future.

we had a new track just today and I really hope they won't use the old music over and over. this may sound callous but I'm actually expecting more melancholic and/or war themes due to the timeframe (WW2 is coming). Of course they left out Sino-Japanese wars but I suppose they are, as far as Hanako's concerned, irrelevant.

In episode 3 (yes I'm starting over to watch with subs), I hear a song at @9:36 that I'm not sure is in the OST :confu: Is it unreleased?

EDIT: same with @13:49

Last edited by a moderator:
^as in an episode near the beginning or one of the recent ones (where it may be on the next ost)?

until the ost comes out, I don't think we have a way to find out. if Yuki has new music for the next 25 episodes, then maybe a third one will be out.

Wow, that song at the end! And I loved the one where they were in bed talking as well. I think I head Hanako talking about a meadow, so maybe she was giving the metaphor of the dog going to the meadow when he had to be put down? Since the girl is still young yet, she won't understand death. But not sure why he had to be though, he seemed fine unless they could not have dogs in their district, that's the only reason, but why did Eiji bring him home then? Hmm. That was funny she just started rambling on. The look on the guy's face, I think it's stuck like that though, he reminds me of Tuvok from Star Trek Voyager. heh I hope the last song gets released though.

Back