Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2012

The biggest advantage of the cookbook is that literally everyone can contribute into it. It doesn't need many skills to take a photo of a dish you or your mom have cooked and write a small text. Also, it doesn't have to be printed, so the chance Yuki will get it is higher.

As for the record, I have no idea what I can do for it.

I want explain some things to everyone:

- I was indeed a bit misleaded by the last posts asking for a poll
- I made the poll myself to save time for all of us and for tsubasa, not to get ownership over anything
- After choosing one of the idea for the project we will need lots of time to work on it (if its a cookbook we will do it in hard copy or digital, make a list of participants and wait for them to submit photos and recipes + the translation, and if its going to be hard copy we will also need time for it to get printed) so it would be wise to choose whatever idea ASAP.
- We will give it to Yuki at AnimeExpo or in her Birthday (the first in June 29 and the second on August 6), so there's a big difference in the available time
- If we choose June 29, and if we put the poll after brainthinking all the ideas lots of days will have passed, so there's a danger we will not have the needed time to finish the project.
- Should we make a poll about the need of a poll or not? :XD:
- IMO the record seems way too much work for 1 month, judging by Special_K's post.

^Indeed it is something that would take more than a month.

Because I was initially working on the premise of it having a deadline in mid- to late-July (to allow a suitable lead time for it to be pressed and delivered in Japan to Yuki).

Re:

Special_K said:
Alphie said:
As for the record, I have no idea what I can do for it.

Think of it as a digital scrapbook, Alphie... :psst:
Still no idea.

As for the date, it's a birthday present, so I think we should have August, 6 in mind. June, 29 is too close and we won't be able to make the present by this time. Again, if we will make the cookbook, it's not neseccary to print it. Because if we do, how will we pass it to Yuki in August?

And another thing... In my country, it's considered not too appropriate to give birthday presents way before the big date; can we be sure it's not the same for Japan? :confu:
Of course, June 29 is great as an opportunity to contact Yuki in person, so if we're going with a hard copy of whatever the final project is, that's one biggest chance...

I don't really mind if it's a vynil scrapbook or a cookbook (of course, we did make a scrapbook for Yuki already, but the content would be new and birthday-centered and... again, stylish :ohoho: ). I'm already scratching my head over both in advance. :study:

it is really cutting a bit close to do anything in time for anime expo :uh..: especially if it's going to be a physical object T_T

Since we seem to be still collecting ideas here's another: an infographic with collection of intersting facts about the fans (try to avoid choosing favorite singers) e.g. like http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/11/ ... c_full.jpg

We can get stats like "number of google searches for "yuki kajiura" per day", pie chart of how fans discovered her music, the most common syllables of kajiurago, etc

That can be presented online without seeming too cheap.

P.S. George will no longer edit other people's posts without their permission :XD:

(BTW, i haven't been around very often and likely won't be for the next month due to personal reasons but feel free to contact me by PM or email if there is ever any trouble!)

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
And another thing... In my country, it's considered not too appropriate to give birthday presents way before the big date; can we be sure it's not the same for Japan? :confu:

I can't say for Japan. But I think most Asian cultures also find it taboo to have birthdays celebrated way too early (by means of gifts, etc.) and anything AFTER the date. *Slightly* belated well-wishes are ok up to 24 hours after the birthday has passed, but not gifts or celebrations.

Typically, a good "window" would be any time from the weekend before the day right up to the actual day itself. (esp. if we're talking about handing a physical item over to the recipient in person!) If the birthday falls on the weekend itself (Friday/Saturday/Sunday), then it's the working week preceding the actual date.

Re:

Kerahna said:
Since we seem to be still collecting ideas here's another: an infographic with collection of intersting facts about the fans (try to avoid choosing favorite singers) e.g. like http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/11/ ... c_full.jpg

We can get stats like "number of google searches for "yuki kajiura" per day", pie chart of how fans discovered her music, the most common syllables of kajiurago, etc

That can be presented online without seeming too cheap.

That is actually an interesting idea.... :plot:

Although I tend to associate such infographics with "investor information" instead of a birthday gift to someone else.

Still, it could be a more formal way of introduction of our existence to anyone, though... :psst:

Although I tend to associate such infographics with "investor information" instead of a birthday gift to someone else.

Still, it could be a more formal way of introduction of our existence to anyone, though...

A birthday gift to Yuki. Investor information for Victor and SME. :groucho:

Can we continue the discussion to decide what to do ? The fact that it will be done for August 6 doesnt mean we dont need to prepare. Lots of people go on vacation on July so things naturally slow down so it would be good to speed things up now.

I like the infographics idea too. It might encourage Yuki to spread her singers Tours and maybe even projects, outside Japan :sohappy:

I like Kera's infographic Idea :ayashii:

what about we tell yuki about our wish for her future works ? :ayashii:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:

Still, it could be a more formal way of introduction of our existence to anyone, though...

A birthday gift to Yuki. Investor information for Victor and SME. :groucho:

:XD: I like this idea, too :ayashii:

I see your point about speeding things up, George. However, before things blow out of proportion again, it would be a good idea to get tsubasa on board again to lead the discussion.

IMO, having a sandbox style contribution like this will head no where, even with constant reminders to expedite our choices.

Back