Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2012

i think we need to start making poll now, otherwise we will waste more time toward yuki's birthday :ayashii:

I'll vote for either the cookbook or the infographic, which everyone can contribute and hasn't been done before.

I just think a big collection of art and messages is kind of unoriginal by now since we've already done it twice, and such messages are just as meaningful when they're sent to her personally (by her mailform) on her birthday, which can be done in addition to the main project. Maybe we can save something so generalized and huge for a big year (2015 - her 50th) and we can include the timeline and everything.

That's just how I feel :XD: of course the final decision is up to everyone!

Re:

Kerahna said:
I just think a big collection of art and messages is kind of unoriginal by now since we've already done it twice, and such messages are just as meaningful when they're sent to her personally (by her mailform) on her birthday, which can be done in addition to the main project. Maybe we can save something so generalized and huge for a big year (2015 - her 50th) and we can include the timeline and everything.

Seconded! A big project could be kept for later years such the one Kera methions, but for now the cookbook or infographic are fine, they can be done easily and all people can contribute.

^Thirded. Maybe that vinyl idea should be saved for that time, too.

^That's what I was thinking. Then maybe it can be given to her at an event.

Wow... 50. It isn't really that old. I hope she keeps on going until 110. :shy:

A poll only encourages the classic error of groupthink. :listen:

We have all been through this before....and I certainly don't want all of us to fall back onto the same tracks! :omg:

Therefore, I would rather myself be labelled as being obtuse here than to allow the project to, once again, go totally pear-shaped! Ideally, I would prefer everyone to slow things down just a tad, and critically evaluate every option before proceeding (from feasibility to costs and potential pitfalls, rather than simply agreeing to every option suggested).

My viewpoint is that the cookbook stems from a very interesting, unique and well-intentioned perspective. However, effectively communicating that perspective/reason to Yuki-san is going to be very VERY dicey and difficult (we can't, after all, write a 3-page long treatise to say why we're doing this). That said, it's not all impossible.

So it's all well and good it pulls off successfully. However, if it isn't, I personally think the very LEAST we're going to get away with is leaving a poor impression on Yuki about our priorities as fans of her rather than her professional work: something which she had said plenty of times in interviews that she doesn't appreciate.

The "distant family" idea has a lot of potential to be combined with the infographics suggested by Kera earlier.

In fact, come to think of it, it might be possible to incorporate that idea with the vinyl album idea for the 50th celebrations.

Of course, again, everything is still very open to debate and I don't want my opinions to drown everything else out.

I would also second the idea of scaling back a few notches so we can gear up for the big 50. However, let's try not to skimp so much and submit something only digitally, yes? :psst:

^We could also submit a cookbook digitally as well. It wouldn't be too difficult to say what it is, just that it is recipes we thought she could use or would like to see made (she could have someone make them if she can't cook or does not like to). Or she could just go to a restaurant that has that item and buy it if she thinks it sounds good. heh That's my idea anyways...

And I think for deciding we should put in our next post what we think we should do, out of the ideas given already, and then the majority of the posts that are the same would win. I think we should do the cookbook.

Hmm....I think describing what a cookbook is is definitely not difficult. However, describing WHY we are doing it would be.

That is the only thing I can't get over with for now. (again, personal opinion)

And I believe I've mentioned this earlier, but it might have gotten lost in the barrage of comments pouring in over the cookbook. A physical item is always better than digital for a present, IMO.

I know we all live in a modern age and should practice responsible paper usage and all that. But a physical/hard copy always shows that you are more sincere. Thus, I don't see why we should skimp on that.

Just my 2 cents on the matter, though.

I think the original idea when george mentioned it came from yuki's being notoriously obsessed with food, and she used to always post pictures of food in her blog before it was abandoned (though I guess this is stereotypical asian behavior :ohoho: )

In one story, she was walking home from work and had a tune in her head that she couldn't write down yet, so she was trying to keep it in her head. Unfortunately she got distracted by a noodle stand, and went to eat noodles and forgot the song and now it is forever lost :XD:
And once she spilled calpico on a new e piano :XD:

things like that

BTW I'm all for a hard copy of whatever it is we do if it can get done in time! I'll help pay for it too.

Come to think of it, yuki's also famous for being able to fall asleep anywhere instantly. Though I'm not sure how we can turn that into a present. A quilt or a pillow maybe, but that is much too ambitious for now :XD:

Maybe a pillow cover with pictures on it? But I guess that would be hard, unless someone knew how to do the printing and we could all pitch in. lol

Well it could be a quilt if someone could embroider in it some of each one's favorite lyrcis and our names and countries, but it would be really difficult for just one person to do it :uh..: Besides, it sounds quite time consuming. I'm sure we could find a company that does it for a fee but I don't know how expensive that + the quilt itself would be.

After discussion with tsubasa in the chat, we've decided on

THE FOOD BOOK (better title pending)

Rather than just a book of recipes, it will be more of a magazine-style food guide for yuki when she visits our countries. Hopefully one person from each country can write a bit of a "food guide" listing (with big pictures) which are the best foods to try. People can also submit recipes, photos, and mini articles ---- for example: Kerahna's top 10 ice cream flavors list XD

Tsubasa will be trying to get some of the non-japanese vocalists to submit their recipes/comments too. Maybe we can ask for 1 picture or recipe, and ask them to answer "if yuki kajiura was a food, what would she be?"

THE FOOD BOOK (better title pending)

Rather than just a book of recipes, it will be more of a magazine-style food guide for yuki when she visits our countries. Hopefully one person from each country can write a bit of a "food guide" listing (with big pictures) which are the best foods to try. People can also submit recipes, photos, and mini articles ---- for example: Kerahna's top 10 ice cream flavors list XD
Oook!!!!!! great :sohappy:

@garnet: If my mom had the time to do it, she could, since she makes quilts. But it would take a lot of time. (Since her quilts usually take up to a month at least to make.) I was just saying the pillow idea since Kera said Yuki likes to sleep a lot. lol

Back