Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2012

So what do we do after all? A book with the traditional dishes of our countries? (it would be a pain for me since there's no Russian cuisine, almost everything was borrowed) Or a book with the dishes we cook at our homes?

If the 1st one, then how many dishes do we have to put from a member? Also, the most of the pics will be from the Internet, while for the 2nd idea we may take these pics ourselves which brings more creativity and feelings to the book. In my case, I'll have to take photos and recipes from the Internet, because we don't cook "traditional' dishes at home. And it will make the book look like a compiled Wikipedia :uh..:

Alphie can work on perfecting a mean stroganoff... :psst:

-------------------------------------

BTW, it just hit me that we actually have a pretty marketable title (CPMの料亭) for our food thread.... (yes, I know I came up with it! :uh..:)

So I was wondering if there would be any chance for us to use it anyway! :XD:

(With suitable tweaks, of course!)

--------------------------------------

I think, since we are going ahead with a magazine style compilation, we're going to need members to volunteer themselves as editors and come up with a few "articles" where collective contribution is possible. A few writers can help to collaboratively compile these submissions and "stitch" them together into a coherent article.

Of course, it would be best that the said editors must have had some form of practical experience with cooking (so as to present the submissions in an appealing manner, as well as to contact writers for a re-submission in the event they are deemed unsuitable for print). They should also possess a keen eye for detail, aesthetics, presentation/layout and language. Ditto for senior writers/translators intending to present articles in Japanese.

--------------------------------------

I can suggest some of the following topics/titles:

"Eating the Seasons: When, where and what to eat?"

(Members can submit something local and seasonal using their months of birth, along with a picture and a short descriptive blurb - 12 pages)

"Music foods - Special creations inspired by music"

(Members can submit single recipes or even a suggestion for a fancy 8-course tasting menu using inspiration drawn from Kajiura's works. - 4 pages)

"From screen to plate" (anime related dishes)

(Members submit their attempt at recreating some of the food items or dishes seen in the various anime projects that YK has participated in. - 4/5 pages)

"Fast food ideas: Tasty dishes for the busy professional"

(Members can submit dishes that are nutritious and only take up to a total of 30 minutes to prepare from start to plate - instant/microwaved food not allowed! These must be savoury dishes that can be prepared using commonly found ingredients and the absolute minimum/lightest of resources and/or in large quantities; so that they would come in handy for the artistes and crew when they travel. - 3/4 pages)

^ These are only sample templates for now! :XD:

Of course, there is no stopping anyone from using them, though! :psst:

Those ideas sound great, but kind of really complex? Especially the one with an 8 course meal. I think it would be best if we the fans could snap the pics ourselves since even if it doesn't end up looking completely professional, it would give it a nice homemade touch imo.

My idea was more like create a dish that you love, it can be anything simple, and then say why you like this dish and why you think Yuki might like it or something like that, in that way we're also providing a bit of insight instead of just a recipe book.

^ Oh no!! Don't pick on the details yet! These are just rough guidelines!

What I meant back there was anything from a single dish to a full banquet! :XD:

The current direction was meant to be something like a magazine, so having some variety in the content usually helps break the overall monotony of a single-purpose book.

^Ohhh I agree! Everyone doing something different could end up being much more interesting and personal :)

I like the Special_K's proposals (and specially the two first themes ).
Another idea is to propose a set of entries, main dishes and desserts and present them as a restaurant menu card.

I think the music idea could be something like: Apple Dessert inspired by Natsu no Ringo or something like that, I don't think it would have to be really closely related because that would require being a professional chef who can craft really artful meals or something like that :ohoho:

^ Yup! Of course, there is absolutely nothing to stop our members from being really fanciful in their creations, though! :ohoho:

Should we maybe make a poll now of what the cookbook should be? Since there are many ideas on that now, or is it just going to be whatever someone wants?

The general direction has been decided to follow a magazine format.

So we're sticking to it.

Back