Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2012

@SP K: You forgot the table of contents :XD:

Also what language the articles will be in? We are not sure if Yuki's english are as good as to read them in english so we might need to put them translated in japanese. Fortunately we have a number of people that know good japanese.

Translating from mother languages to English and later to Japanese... I wonder what mess it would be. And of course we can't put all this great amount of work on Niney, Keiri and the others. I think we should use English.

Table of contents, layout, general editing, pagination, colouring, post-production etc. will be dealt with by integrators who will be picked sometime later. Ideally, some time in mid- to late- June and they should be available for the whole month of July (or at least until the alpha prototype/first COMPLETE draft is finished).

Yes, We'll just work on the basis of this being a bilingual magazine in English (the working language of CPM) and Japanese (not necessarily translations). Anyone who is comfortable in writing in either languages can choose to submit their works in either of these languages (or at the discretion of the sub-editors).

(IIRC, Kajiura has a decent command of the English. But I may be wrong here)

@george: I thought we were doing a digital one, which is why I said that. But it would be cool to do a hard copy too. :dote:

Re:

Alphard Sokaina said:
Translating from mother languages to English and later to Japanese... I wonder what mess it would be. And of course we can't put all this great amount of work on Niney, Keiri and the others. I think we should use English.

She has a point., Yuki understands English right?

^ Yes but we dont know how much she understands, she's defitely better than her vocalists in english level but dont know how much good she is.

It's not some kind of poetry we're dealing with. Most food ingredients and operations with them should have equivalents in many languages. Different countries may cook different food in different ways, but they all cook nonetheless. Translation-wise, it shouldn't be TOO troublesome.

Ehhh? No.... I'm only giving suggestions.

But since Tsuba has passed the reins over to me for this week (until I fly off on Wednesday morning), I might as well take the bull by its horns now.

Can we have an announcement/ad on the main page to get people to join in the project? I feel that this thread still isn't getting enough views or input.

We'll start the project going by getting members to pick up the said sub-editor posts. Members are also welcome to start sending in their submissions.

^Maybe we should start turning in submissions of our recipes and explanations since it is already june.

@ SP K: You will have to discuss that with Kera since the website is not mine :XD: , but to give you my opinion, an announcement on the mainsite might bring more people that we would want to, and it would make the cookbook too big. I suggest, before doing something like that to, ask who want to participate on this inside the forum, since that's not clear yet.

OK. Prepare for the wall of text.

I think we'll just follow the structure I've laid out earlier. (anyone can still change this or make suggestions to have new stuff included!)

So....I think I'll open the option to everyone for now. It's ok to receive some early "open" submissions for now, George. Cos if these members do not want to take charge of editing or putting together articles, we can still use their submissions as individual recipes (think of a magazine where some of the "regular" articles are spread over only one or two pages). I don't mind taking over the role of editor-in-chief later on if you guys want me to.

--------------------------------------------

To keep things simple, I think it's fair to aim for somewhere between 80 to 150 pages (since we're ad-free, or we can use member-submitted fan art as "ads"), double-sided on glossy paper (like in the Kala photobooks) and perfect bound with a 120gsm paper/thin cardboard cover. Please work on the assumption that everything will be in colour first. I can also help with printing if the design is simple enough.

I'll leave the option of whether we want edge-to-edge printing open for now, though.

So, to fill those pages, we'll be looking at these:

• Kera's message (half to one page affair)
  • Feature-length articles (4-6 sub-editors required. Sub-editors to decide the content and language for users to submit to. Minimum 6-pages each. Ideally, at least one of these articles should be in Japanese.)
  • Short articles like individual recipes, reviews of restaurants in certain key cities, food reviews, health/wellness tips (about 40 to 50 individual articles, one per member. About 2 pages) (2 editors and at least one Japanese language expert required here, mainly to screen for errors and edit or to make sure the content is acceptable for print)
  • letters to YK (self-explanatory, one editor and a Japanese language expert needed here, should be a one page affair using 8/9 pt font)
  • editorials (for us "staff" members to write :XD:, peer edited)

General direction

We've noticed that Kajiura hasn't been resting well from her late night twitter feeds talking about how she misses her bed and how she is rushing deadlines.

So, for those submitting recipes, please try to work towards submitting nutritious food (something unique to your country, preferably....but you can also just simply submit whatever you feel you are good at doing). Others can also work towards submitting tips on how to take care of yourself when putting in late nights and rushing deadlines. Or tips to relax and unwind after a major project (even places to suggest for a trip!). Just bear in mind your page limits, though. Also note that we will reserve the right to combine articles with overlapping content into a feature-length one.

IMPORTANT:

• All the articles will be in English or Japanese (if you are up to the task).
  • For people submitting pictures in their articles, please make sure they are at least visible at 300dpi printing (900 x 600 for a 3"x 2" picture). For full page pictures (for example, to be used as the background to an article), please work with a minimum of 3000 x 4000 pixels.
  • JPG pictures are allowed, but the resolution must be at least twice the minimum requirement.

Miscellaneous/Optional: Should we set up a Google workgroup or would this thread suffice? Submissions can be sent via third party websites like Dropbox if it's the latter option, though.

^That is a little clearer. I do like the fan-art as ads idea, since I won't be able to make it out to a live any time soon and want to submit my art to them. This would be an easier way. But just a question we can write about anything in these articles, correct?

^ We'll try to keep everything (apart from the fan art) as closely related to the main theme as possible. What do you have in mind?

^Maybe for one article it can be like our introduction page where each member gives how they were introduced to Kajiura and her music. I am not sure what the others could be, although I know some want recipes in there.

For people submitting pictures in their articles, please make sure they are at least visible at 300dpi printing (900 x 600 for a 3"x 2" picture). For full page pictures (for example, to be used as the background to an article), please work with a minimum of 3000 x 4000 pixels.

dafuq :blood:

we are making this a hard-coover book afterall :@_@:

Liana_Ilia said:
^Maybe for one article it can be like our introduction page where each member gives how they were introduced to Kajiura and her music. I am not sure what the others could be, although I know some want recipes in there.

Hmm....that would be too detailed. I think we can put that on record as a moot point for the big five-oh project later.

tsubasa said:
dafuq :blood:

we are making this a hard-coover book afterall :@_@:

:XD:

No tsuba, it's still a mag (which is still a kind of book anyway). :XD:

Content wise, we'll still be rather casual about the whole thing. So no worries! :ohoho:

I think I got an idea on which Philippine dish I would like to suggest, but it would be real troublesome for Yuki to look for ingredients, unless there's someone who sells Filipino goods there.

Back