Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2012

:confu: So we're going with the idea of a fan-made cookbook?

/runs to search up some Aussie cuisine :XD:

Hmm. Most of the traditional food from my country is made with ingredients that I don't think even exist in Japan xD I'll probably make a dessert and send a picture of that instead! Lots of tropical fruits.

so we are going to choose this idea and work with it? :sohappy: or we are going to pull out another idea?

Re: Kajiura Yuki B-day 2012 Project

^I think we should all say if we are in favor of this idea, which I am, and then if most people say yes then we will go with it. I think it would be a lot easier than trying a song again, although it was fun. :dote:

^ someone should make a poll

I think the ideas gathered so far were
* CD with some sort of media in the centre of a record
* Song cover
* Cookbook

Re:

garnetjester said:
Hmm. Most of the traditional food from my country is made with ingredients that I don't think even exist in Japan xD I'll probably make a dessert and send a picture of that instead! Lots of tropical fruits.
Well, the food most commonly associated with my country is quite easy to cook (it's basically pancakes made from grated potatoes and served with sour cream). Although getting a suitable piece of lyrics for them would be a challenge. :XD:

@George: it was discussed earlier - a stylized present by taking a record, cutting out the middle part and replacing it with a CD/DVD/BD full of birthday wishes and such stuff. The idea sounds really nice, too, except that the disc should probably be detachable (or else how would Yuki be able to watch it?).

^ we mean a music record, that were used before CDs
like this
beatles-rare-abbey-a-lg.gif

Perhaps I should elaborate on that vinyl record idea again.

As mentioned by Nick, the CD/DVD/BD is a detachable one in the centre while the vinyl record piece itself is used mainly for aesthetic and visual impact purposes.

Because of the size (a typical consumer record measures 12-inches across), it is also suitable to take a large booklet as an "album insert". The size also has significant advantages in terms of visual impact as well as readability and aesthetic purposes.

As to the content, just go crazy with it!

My initial proposal for its content was to expand on Tsubasa's idea of a "timeline" of YK album cover art images, which can be further expanded upon through the use of suitable print and/or digital media (either the use of actual PVs, album blurbs, song lyrics or even videos of fan song covers in the "digital" part of the album). Of course, being a timeline alone is not going to be enough to make up all of the content within the "album". So both the print and digital sides of the album can contain complimentary or even mutually exclusive messages well-wishes from our members (i.e. the messages on the "print" side can be different from the "digital" side, or even come from different members).

It's a totally open/sandbox concept for now.

I'm hoping for more input to expand on this idea at the moment. (Who knows? The Cookbook might even feature somewhere in there.. :plot:)

^ I guess that's what happens when people get easily distracted with the latest inputs at the time! :XD:

lol @the poll

But now that I know more about the record idea I like it too. I could contribute a drawing. If we go with that idea that is.

Back