The works for soundtrack 2 (December 6, 2023)

The entire release is copyrighted.

The thing with me finding NHK rights listing interesting is that would likely mean it was recorded by NHK staff at NHK studios and mixed by NHK staff.

The entire release is copyrighted.
way too serious a sentence for the question at hand lol.

I listened to Living Nature as I walked outside hmmm. As the pigeons flew away, the wind hit the river.. listening to it is so empowering.

I like the Kokia song a lot. I do agree that it's like Kajiura but not at the same time. I love that it's quiet to start out and then gets louder and then back to quiet again. I look forward to hearing about the live version. I think this album gets an 8/10 for me. I'm glad we got this release to tie us over until some of the movies.

Code:
吹けよ風よ強く
水面に白い波を立て
枯れた草を巻き上げ
未だ幼い大地を晒せ

声よ響け彼方へと
笑うことも生きることも
ただ剥き出しの心のままに
高らかに語り尽くそう
貴方に届く強さで
美しい世界を信じてる

愛したい
共に歩きたい
悲しみより一歩前を行こう
未来という名の眩しさと
向き合うように髪を靡かせ

風よ吹け嵐を呼べ
翼は勝ち取るものだったの
荒れ狂う空を流されても
何度でも朝を待って
とうめいに磨かれてゆく
美しい世界を信じて

晴れ渡る青空に
今、光が降る

That's how I see it in the booklet but:

ただ剥き出しの心のままに <- Kokia's not singing the last ni

悲しみより一歩前を行こう <- I think she's singing more between mae wo and ikou

mistakes or different readings, I do not know. v( '')v

Last edited:
Hey all i tired to create the cover for the soundtracks of The work for soundtrack. hope you guys like it.:XD:

Attachments

• rekishi-hiwa-historia.jpg
    rekishi-hiwa-historia.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Eien-no-Nisipa.jpg
    Eien-no-Nisipa.jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Kitchen-Revolution.jpg
    Kitchen-Revolution.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 67
  • the-wind-the-strom.jpg
    the-wind-the-strom.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 67
Will need some more listens - good to hear 風よ、吹け - FictionJunction feat.KOKIA on the CD after hearing it live.

Kajiura's music is one that a very good headphone will definitely enhance the experience...

I don't have much to say about CD3. It was a pleasant listen; no one track stood out but there were some very good jazzy tracks, super relaxing.

KOKIA's song was excellent tho. that layering at 0:56. what a nice/interesting falsetto.

LORD... after the honeymoon phase, I'd say the ost still rocks...

I just watched the movie. what a crapshoot but Kajiura's music still transcends it lol. I could count at least around 10 pieces of unreleased music... THAT CREDITS SONG !!! a great variation of the main theme.... what a criminal act to leave it out...

Now, Kajiura should compose for the next LOTR movie xD

Last edited:
Poopinions!
L.O.R.D.

-I often have the same dream: pretty nice introduction to the soundtrack with the main theme. It's typical Kajiura, but I really like the leitmotif so I like it hue.
-This is my village: I love me this kind of happy town themes. Reminds me of I was moved from Vanitas, but I guess this was made first hoho.
-Ice fang: The beginning feels very F/Z (ambience with drums), but once Hanae and the percussion come in OOf, hauntingly kewl.
-Awakening in the forest: I also love me some folksy cozy themes. The violin part is lovely, but the guitar part is extra comfy.
-The power inside you: MUH ERI! One of my favorites from this soundtrack. The combination of happy Eri, happy adventurous strings and brass, and the sax is so unKajiura, it's impossible to dislike it!
-We will set off tomorrow: More cozy guitar~ (Full-on cozy Kajiura soundtrack when?)
-My father, my mother: more main theme~ Dude's got a real pretty voice hue.
-The chase in the night: Main theme, but nothing special.
-Disciple is to kill disciple: very agmen clientum.
-In the harbor city: short but sweet middle eastern theme. Feels like it's preparing you for...
-Harbor city in the parade: MORE MUH ERI! Honestly, the first part with the sitar? was already pretty enjoyable, but once muh Eri starts singing it takes me to heaven. And that final aaaaah and crazy flute is just *chef's kiss*.
-In the rocky hills: ooh mysetrious cello. Shame it's so short cause it sounds really interesting, and it feels like the intro to what could be a very kewl track.
-He shall pay for it: continuation of the kewl Hanae track. Nothing special.
-To find your horcrux: wait, horcrux is a real word? Anyways, epic prelude to what's to come later in the ost. Short but sweet.
-The battle with something evil: oh man, this a pretty grand track. Kajiura is usually very hit or miss with strings battle themes, but I feel like she nailed it here. Maybe it's the inclusion of brass. The leitmotif at the end was a nice touch~
-I met him in the forest: nothing special.
-Why don't you come with me?: Touching melody, but too short hue.
-I am always on your side, brother: Now it's a sad-ish melody. Pretty standard, but I like the harp intro.
-The battle in the sky: Another strings + brass battle theme that I think Kajiura nailed. Dem crazy strings in the second half of the track.
-Hem of the goddess: Kewl choir, but I wish it was as big as the strings and brass ensembles. Kajiura choirs are usually like 2 singers for each voice hue. I think a bigger choir would hit harder. But still, kewl bad shit is happening theme.
-I can sacrifice, but I can't let him die: MUH JOELLE! I demand more tracks with Joelle singing like this, both soundtracks and pop songs! She sounds so strong and commanding. The heroic brass in the middle is so kewl. Well, really the brass in the whole song sounds kewl. The choir part, I wonder if she originally wrote it for this track, or the main theme.
-You said we always fight together: Oh, this sounds so glorious.
-I beg you one thing: Too short, hue.
-Brutal attack on Ryen: More bad shit is happening, but what is this? Glorious Kasahara! Her part sound so dramatic, it feels like it could be part of an opera.
-Fight back and win: Victorious tracks with brass are so rare in Kajiura's repertoire. I love it.
-Commanding to kill her: Oh no, back to bad shit happening. Delightfully evil tho.
-Escape from the island: I quite like the panicky strings.
-Where are you going?: Ooh more of this touching theme. Really nice and warm, and solo violin @george, hue.
-Now you can tell me the story: The mysterious, almost evil piano is so kewl. It really does feel like some character is revealing hard-hitting truths hue.
-Like a flamming torch in the forest: more mysterious, kewl piano for more revelations. Oh, and strings. The strings on that last section are very impactful and dramatic.
-The imprisonment: what do you mean it's not Yuriko!? 0:21-0:25 sounds just like her hue. I guess it's Joelle then? Or they forgot to credit Yuriko. Anyways, lovely melody, but shame it's so short.
-To relive himself: Nothing speciaru.
-There is only one thing left in my mind: One final strings arrangement of the main theme. Again, standard but I like it.
-The Main theme of LORD: Moar muh Joelle goodness. Joelle, why isn't this your default singing voice? hue. I like her light voice, but this one is just so glorious. MOAR!

Eien no Nispa

-Main theme: I'm gonna be honest. I remember nothing from when I speedwatched the movie, and I was under the impression that the music was meh, but damn this main theme is pretty great. All grand and inspiring and shiet, and delicious brass!
-Iza ikan: I like how the intro and outro have a Japanese style, and the middle has a more western melody.
-Mada shiranu chi he: More main theme~ The brass section in the middle reminds me of a Dragon Quest track, but I can't remember which one.
-Hirogaru chihei: the strings on the first half are so high pitched and dramatic, I luv it. I'm quite enjoying these grand, inspirational orchestral tracks.
-Odayaka na mura de : Pretty nice melody, and the percussion and other sounds are a nice touch.
-Omoi wa umarete: Nice flute x harp duet.
-Koko ni sumu hito: I like the motif, but overall it's a pretty standard arrangement.
-Hibi wo tsudzuru: More main theme~ Nothing special, hue.
-Kono michi no saki he: Moar main theme~ Well, it's a little different, but nothing special.
-Futatabi deatte: Moar flute x harp duet.
-Hedateru mono: That previous theme again. Not too different than before.
-Anata no saki he: Oh finally, some good shiet. Dem strings and harp make me feel anxious at the beginning, but in a good way hue. I really like all the changes the track goes through.
-Tsunagaru omoi: That theme again~ Not very different.
-Ayumi wo tomezu: I really like the intro. I expected something different tbh hue, but it's not a bad track. Nice mix of themes.
-Ikari to shousou: menacing cello and drums, pretty nice combination.
-Nadzukeru to iu koto: Nothing special, but I like the harp towards the end.
-Hito ga sumau daichi: Nothing special, but I like the little motif at the beginning, and the heavy brass at the end.
-Tachihadakaru mono: creepy ambiance~
-Kita michi, iku michi: One final arrangement of the lead motifs~ Pretty standard, but the piano at the end is pretty nice.

Great Nature
-Living Nature: oh boy! The tv size version was already great, but this is glorious! The brass is pretty amazing, delicious muh Eri, and the extra Yuriko Kajiurago sounds so mystical. I can't believe she wrote such an amazing track just for the OP of a documentary hue.
-Gaia: This is more Kajiura-ish compared to Living Nature, but still pretty good, and has more of muh Eri.

Historia 4
Not gonna do track by track poopinions cuz I'm kinda disappointed hue. I expected some cozy shit, Kajiurago, and maybe some Far on the water/Into the world arrangements. I do like the sounds tho, they're different than usual Kajiura, but overall it's nothing special.

Kitchen Revolution
-Kitchen no nayami: Such a sweet and twinkly theme. It's very purty.
-Anata ni yasashii kitchen: Strings version of the main theme. Standard, but I really like the melody.
-Main theme of kitchen revolution: Lovely Yuriko! I love the positive vibes I get from the track, all "follow your dreams n shiet".

Madoka Skater
-You can be a magical girl: Shame the track feels is so fracturad, cause the strings arrangements is so lovely, and magical (hohoho).
-The magical girl on ice: Oh man, this one is even better. I like how super positive like Mada dame yo, but has short parts that sound like something is wrong (like in the movie hue)

Kaze yo, Arashi yo
-Fuke yo, are yo, kaze yo: like with Eien no Nispa, I didn't remember the music being good from my speedwatch/listen, but I'm pleasantly surprised. The main theme is gorgeous. I love all the developmenmt it goes through.
-Shizuka na kaze: calm version of the main theme. Perfect title for the track hue.
-Jiyuu he no shissou: oh is dat sum jazz? Completely unexpected hue for this drama, but I love it. Instantly one of my favorites. Hope they perform it live one day!
-Nani ga hoshii darou: nice flute arrangement of the main theme.
-Kageri no nai aozoka: very pretty piano piece. Usually her piano tracks are super short and simple, with lots of silence between phrases, but this one is really well developed.
-Zaratsuita kokoro: The combination of instruments is so intense. I quite like the cello solo in the middle.
-Nani ga tarinai no darou: Delicious accordion solo~ So melancholic.
-Mebuite iku: Standard strings and piano. Love the inspiring melody tho.
-Taiyou ni naritai: More jazz, now with accordion! Love the chill melody of the accordion. Another of my faves. And again, this needs to be peformed live hue.
-Ookina Hitomi: Moar jazz? I'll take it! (at this rate it'll have more jazz tracks than PriPri hue).
-Deai, hibiku: Oooh the flute x bassoon coombination is lovely. Can't believe Kajiura had never used a bassoon in her soundtracks.
-Futari dake ga soko ni: More flute x bassoon! Such a cozy track. With that added harp I could definitely fall asleep in peace.
-Te wo toreba akete iku: Even more jazz! Honestly it still feels so unexpected for this soundtrack hue. I'll take all the Kajiura jazz I can get tho. I quite enjoy her take on the genre.
-Atatakasa no you na: At first I thought it was a trumpet, but there's none credited hue. Cool sound and effects.
-Jiyuu to daishou: I'm a sucker for Kajiura solo cello tracks, and this one does not disappoint. I just love the despair I feel from it hue.
-Mitasareta hibi: More bassoon, not taking the lead. Such a cozy feel... oh no, the strings changed the mood hue. But now there's more tasty jazz. (and officially more than Pripri)
-Kimyou na kankei: Oof, more accordion. Not sure what genre this is, but I love the quirkyness of it.
-Ai to jiyuu to: ambiance accordion, intadasting.
-Nozonda hate ni: ooh bad shit happening. The cellos (double bass mebbe) give so much intesity to the track. That piano at the end is so delightfully evil.
-Akogare to renjou: Another bretty good piano piece. Not typical Kajiura.
-Wakariatta hazu na no ni: ambiance version of the previous track.
-Yugami hajimeta: More ambiance? Weird for a live action dorama, but oke.
-Fuyu no jidai: I always love wintery themes in soundtracks. This is not one of my favorites, but it's simple and pleasant. Particularly like the xylophone-ish isntrument.
-Shihai to kenryouku: More evilness. Nothing special hue.
-Arashi no kumo ga mieru: huh, is dat a clarinet? Must be a sample, shame hue. But the track is cool.
-Yume ga chiru keshiki: The strings sound pretty sad, but the violin solo sounds soul crushing.
-Sora ga, aoi: I thought it would be a pretty straight-forward arrangement of the main theme, but it's quite surprising. I like how the piano and flute complement the strings so it's not so dull.
-Kaze yo, fuke: Ah god, KOKIA sounds amazing. The song is pretty much Main Theme Vocal version, but KOKIA makes it so good. She brings delicious drama and mystery to the song. Love the little staccatos in the middle. (why can't we have a song where Yuriko or Joelle sing mostly in head voice, Kajiura?)

the main theme is credited as "Flowers in Sand" in the credits of L.O.R.D.

with Hanae:
:hypno:

without Hanae:
:plot:

so that we are not deprived of this lovely version. that brass. and a male vocal too which is super rare for Kajiura. and let's not forget Tokyo Konsei, the sound they create are very impactful xD (i think this version may have been around in bilibili sometime way back when but I ripped it from the bluray rip:p)

Last edited:
wat being 5 years late to everything.

Also, for the 10th time, the Cheney Chen ending theme WAS released digitally at one point. Don't know why it's no longer available.
https://vgmdb.net/album/114844

We were not deprived of it. It's the Joelle version (as rumoured, and as listed in the LORD ending credits) we are being deprived of.

Edit:
wait... bluray? There was a bluray? Link?
All I knew about was a DVD and a digital release.

I knew it was out there lol (see small font). but I can't find them anywhere now? (including han hong version which is annoying - I didn't look too hard lolz)

it's on nyaa. not sure if a physical copy exists but it's for sure 4K.

I think the Joelle ver is the last track so we got that one in the end thankfully:)

Last edited:
Back