The works for soundtrack 2 (December 6, 2023)

Review Disc 3 .
I really like the combo of drums and strings with the flute on 'Fuke yo, are yo, kaze yo'
really enjoyed the first jazzy track "ice fang" as well Taiyou ni naritai and the follow-up Ookina Hitomi which i think she has never done similar bgms.
"Te wo toreba akete iku" is so relaxing and helps to concentrate.
Dont think i ve ever heard the wind instrument of "Atatakasa no you na" before either.
"Jiyuu to daishou" is typical Kajiura cello bgm.
16-18 nice and relaxing.
"Nozonda hate ni" ominous track with nice string leitmotif. I welcome the piano too. Love "Yugami hajimeta" its so atmospheric, reminds me of some of the SAO bgms from that stupid nordic mythology arc (sao 2 ost 2).
"Arashi no kumo ga mieru" is a mix of clarinet that gives a middle east-ish vibe, drums that give it a military vibe and e-guitar that gives a mafia vibe so i think it doesnt know what it wants to be ^^;
"Sora ga, aoi" nice and relaxing
"Kaze yo, fuke" finally the KOKIA song. I ve been waiting for this collab since i first discovered about KOKIA and im happy it finally happened ^_^<3 Love her vocals and the harmonies too I found really interesting how the first part of the song was connected with the 2nd without the usual instrumental part or weird key change . <3 I asume that in vol19 she is gonna sing this and the 2 older tracks from DNA rainbow.

Me too i think WfS 2 was overall better than Wfs 1 but each did gave us something because without the first we 'd never get the satoyama music.
She needs to continue releasing those because there are still so many unreleased stuff especially from Hokuto and her era in Victor, and its a shame we get those small Kimetsu no Yaiba bgms but not the unreleased gems like those included in WfS2 that we just got.

Last edited:
cd get

interestingly enough the ice skating Magia Record tracks are listed as Bonus Tracks in the back cover.

I'll get to the scarce performers in a moment (they don't list individual strings players or chorus members)... shitton of brass for LORD tho... lol.

LORD is copyrighted to NHK which is interesting. I would assume that means it was also recorded by NHK folk...? (Nevermind. I don't know how my eyes saw Disc1 next to NHK...) Sadly recording&mixing credits are not listed. Album is mastered by Chinone though.

Last edited:
Starting from the end because jesus christ all that brass on LORD...

Code:
General Direction:梶浦由記
Producer:森 康哲(HIGHWAY STAR)

CD STAFF
(...)
Mastering Engineer:茅根裕司(Sony Music Studios Tokyo)
Mastering Studio:Sony Music Studios Tokyo

Assistant Director:高橋日向子(HIGHWAY STAR)
Artist Management:HIGHWAY STAR/FictionJunction Music

Code:
DISC1

L.O.R.D: Legend of Ravaging Dynasties
~爵跡 無道王朝伝説 爵跡

MUSICIANS
ALL Keyboards & Programming:梶浦由記
E. Guitar:是永巧一
Acoustic Guitar:天野清継
Drums:佐藤強一
Bass:高橋"jr."知治
Percussion:中島オバヲ
Flute:赤木りえ
Saxophone:鈴木明男
Trumpet:西村浩二、菅坂雅彦、本間千也、安藤友樹 
Trombone:中川英二郎、半田信英、野々下興一、今込 治
Horn:藤田乙比古、勝俣 泰、西條貴人、熊井 優、堂山敦史、梁川笑里、和田博史、五十畑 勉、豊田実加
Strings:城戸喜代Strings、今野均Strings
Vocal:Joelle、笠原由里、伊東えり、戸丸華江、チェニー・チェン
Chorus:東京混声合唱団

Code:
DISC2

北海道150年記念ドラマ 永遠のニシパ
~北海道と名付けた男 松浦武四郎~

MUSICIANS
Harp:朝川朋之
Trumpet:本間千也、池田英三子
Trombone:今村岳志、佐藤敬一朗
Horn:西條貴人、和田博史
Strings:城戸喜代Strings

驚き!地球!グレートネイチャー

MUSICIANS
Trombone:中川英二郎、鳥塚心輔、野々下興一
Horn:吉永雅人、和田博史、西條貴人、野見山和子
Vocal:伊東えり、貝田由里子

歴史秘話ヒストリア

MUSICIANS

2夜連続スペシャルドラマ
キッチン革命

MUSICIANS
Strings:今野均Strings
Vocal:貝田由里子

Bonus Tracks
マギアレコード
魔法少女まどか☆マギカ外伝 CM

MUSICIANS
Strings:城戸喜代Strings、今野均Strings

Code:
DISC3

風よ あらしよ

MUSICIANS
Piano:松田真人
Drums:大坂昌彦
Bass:納浩一
Percussion:梯郁夫
Fagotto:石川晃
Harp:朝川朋之
Accordion:佐藤芳明

エンディングテーマ
『風よ、吹け』 FictionJunction feat. KOKIA

E. Guitar:是永巧一
Drums:佐藤強一
Bass:高橋"jr."知治
Flute:坂本圭

Last edited:
interestingly enough the ice skating Magia Record tracks are listed as Bonus Tracks in the back cover.
Which explains why they were never advertised.

LORD is copyrighted to NHK which is interesting. I would assume that means it was also recorded by NHK folk...? Sadly recording&mixing credits are not listed. Album is mastered by Chinone though.
maybe the whole Lord project is some kind of soft diplomacy relations between China and Japan considering they pick different composer for each movie ? Also in China copyright law doesnt really exist so having a japanese company rights holder was the only way.

I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive later today, so thanks @grunty for posting the credits already.

there's some stuff left that I wouldn't mind if they included...
It's too bad, there is still stuff missing from LORD, but this is certainly a lot better than nothing.

Me too i think WfS 2 was overall better than Wfs 1 but each did gave us something because without the first we 'd never get the satoyama music.
True, but there were a lot of tracks on WFS1 that had actually been released before such as the Boogiepop and Eat man tracks for example, while here, everything is new. But WFS1 was definitely worth it for voyagers alone imo. And Satoyama was also nice.

Last edited:
Btw i think that title "Harbor city in the parade" was supposed to be "Parade in the Harbor city" instead otherwise it doesnt make sense lol

Working my way through the second disc. Some good stuff here. I know it’s been talked about, but I’m still really sad those Tokyo Revelation tracks weren’t included. We got two throw away madoka tracks, why not add the tsubasa tracks too
Thats because the Tsubasa tracks are under Victor/Flying Dog while everything released in WfS2 was under NHK and Sony. as it turns out. I really hope we wont have to wait another 10 years for WfS3.

Last edited:
18 Brass and both string units combined for LORD? No wonder it sounds so full! I guess, Kajiuras budget for this project was more than usual. Would it be too much to ask for this kind of arrangement for some Surgam Identidem/Nux Walpurgis-style music for the new Madoka movie?😅

Also a Fagotto (Bassoon I suppose) on Kaze! I hope Kajiura will continue incorporating more different instruments like this into her arrangements in the future.

I just wish there was more Kitchen Kakumei, specially the other Kajiura-go tracks, I'd switch Historia tracks for them.

CD1 - L.O.R.D. continued.

I loved/liked pretty much every track. Brutal attack on Ryen that harmony with Yuri and tokyo Konsei, how it goes from one to the other and then they join is simply sublime. The use of brass is top-notch. I abused this track so much. Action and orchestral composers, please take note :p Like a flaming torch in the forest also has interesting progression, starts eerie then determined. There is only one thing left in my mind and Where are you going? that violin, strings, cello and percussion never make it boring and they could have been incredibly boring lol.

Honestly this is a dream come true for me, I am very happy that there were 18 brass musicians. The level of honesty, creativity and use of orchestra with that Kajiuran goodness... so much work and thought went into this for sure... How L.O.R.D. did not get its own CD is bonkers.

CD2 -

Eien no Nishipa
A bit underwhelming main theme but well done. 02.03 Kajiura's use of brass...such a level up. 02.04 oh wow that orchestral complexity. lovely. 02.11 is kinda hard to go back to but I bet it worked really well in the show. Overall it was bit on autopilot but still a pleasant listen.

Living Nature on the other hand... WOW. simply amazing. Living Nature indeed. The use of brass, the strings, percussion, the female vocals representing Nature. Really this is Kajiura at her best. What a majestic piece. So epic. So alive. It made me cry.

I can almost see Kajiura waving her hand accompanying the melody all the while imagining rivers flowing, mountains forming, the sun rising, life arising. Mabbe I'm getting way too attached lol.

Last edited:
Living Nature on the other hand... WOW. simply amazing. Living Nature indeed. The use of brass, the strings, percussion, the female vocals representing Nature. Really this is Kajiura at her best. What a majestic piece. So epic. So alive. It made me cry.

I can almost see Kajiura waving her hand accompanying the melody all the while imagining rivers flowing, mountains forming, the sun rising, life arising. Mabbe I'm getting way too attached lol.

This is actually how it was used in the documentary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jX5bJAyQtw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ND8aFeM1C0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vy2we-qVOk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKPGdQA3zY&list=PLcynJ47QaWNsM1v0xOlkeKVoISb4WTDfu&index=3

I just wish there was more Kitchen Kakumei, specially the other Kajiura-go tracks, I'd switch Historia tracks for them.
Considering the historia ones were nothing special, i did skip through the kitchen episodes and i agree it would be nicer if the included those instead.

Last edited:
All this talk of removing HISTORIA but why not instead add a 4th CD to have all of LORD and whatever else they had left at NHK and Sony. Or TOEI in case of Kitchen Revolutions, if there's anything else Kajiura there.

Well even 3 disc releases are rare, 4 discs one even more :P Lets just hope WfS3 will come soon enough (as she doesnt seem to have any osts in the near future that are announced at least. We know of Sao progressive movie 3, Pripri movie 3 and Madoka aand Eisen Flugel but nothing much is announced for either and i think they gonna release the pripri stuff after all the movies are out or something)

Code:
℗2023 (DISC2 01~35, DISC3) NHK Publishing, Inc.
℗2023 (DISC2 36~38) TOEI COMPANY, LTD.
℗2023 (DISC2 39,40) Aniplex Inc. ©2023 Sony Music Labels Inc.
Unlike for everything else there's zero direct mention of disc1/LORD's copyright, even on the disc labels, so I'm just going to say Sony Music/SACRA. v( '')v

Wish they had recording credits, not just performers.

Last edited:
Back