The works for soundtrack 2 (December 6, 2023)

It's weird. You'd think they'd jump on the occasion to use Madoka as promo for this album...

It's weird. You'd think they'd jump on the occasion to use Madoka as promo for this album...

True. They promoted everything except Madoka, even though it is arguably the biggest franchise included here... And now that I think of it, it also stands out as the only anime-related content on here.

Well, either way, we're getting it and I'm not going to protest😁

Oshi, Gaia and Living Nature are actually full proper tracks. lol.

I'm not listening to the album, I only checked the madoka tracks and I think both of those are from the ice skating promos.

I think I'll triple dip on this release... got the CD coming, I'll grab on ototoy in 4 hours and then whenever it hits my qobuz... I'm gonna be poor but I wants it. :|

Last edited:
Ok, wow... The Madoka tracks are not what I expected judging from the samples and the track lengths... Too bad the concept movie music is not
included...😢

Looking forward for the rest though. I'm not going to listen to the samples at this point anymore since I will receive my copy soon anyway.

Ok, wow... The Madoka tracks are not what I expected judging from the samples and the track lengths... Too bad the concept movie music is not
included...😢
Obviously that means a new standalone Madoka Music Collection is coming.... /delusion

Obviously that means a new standalone Madoka Music Collection is coming.... /delusion
Yes please, and while you're at it, also release SAO Music Collection 2! Well, next year aound the time Walpurgis Rising comes out would be the perfect opportunity to release a complete Madoka Music Collection, wouldn't it...:gimmeh:

Last bgm from 3rd disc is the KOKIA song and sounds so good from the sample :dote:
I am looking forward to listen to it tomorrow!

I am so happy this album exists. :D
Same. I've been hoping and waiting for this for a long time.😃

Pretty much it will be available digitally... Tho I cannot access it yet...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-05-22-52-20-09_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-05-22-52-20-09_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 65
Up on ototoy if anyone wants to spend 7000yen on hirez or 4000 on lossy. Available internationally.
It should be available on your local digital shops when it hits midnight, too.

No idea about streaming.

Edit:
Oh boy the download speed on this fker... lol... Japan hates me. Pffff.... so slow....

Last edited:
!!!! the actor is still nananaing the theme in My father, my mother. I'm surprised.

The goosebumps on the first seconds of Disciple is to kill... Like the track ain't anything particularly interesting but the chills... I think I've been hungry for Kajiura... Some of these tracks are very much a more grunty friendly version of Fate/Zero (read: not dank).

My boner... harbor city in the parade intro...

In the rocky hills... I'd never guess this was Kajiura...

Heck yea, I had to pause for a bit but now finally got to the war parts. Bring on the chaos.
the battle in the sky@1:35: 'scuse me, Kajiura??!
I can sacrifice, but I can't let him die @2m: I knew that Han Hong bit in the movie was an insert...
Yuri ^_^
Oh hey, so Yuriko was here. Back in the crapola rips I didn't recognize imprisonment being Yuriko.???except the booklet has no Yuriko in LORD
to relieve himself @53 literally made me rewind

Wild hearing Joelle's version of the theme song... I'd be lying if I didn't say I could still hear Han Hong vocal in the choir bridge in my head, lol.

This whole OST is such a weird mixture of Kajiuraisms, Fate/Zero and ??where did this come from Kajiura??. And the album actually sounds good at first listen, too?

Last edited:
I don't understand how they didn't think to release a standalone LORD ost way back then. o_0

Well, who cares, we got it now. And it's guuud.

I'm really curious to see LORD's performance (strings) credits in the booklet... Drumming, too. Recording&mixing, too.

I only got through LORD for now and this is a really good presentation of the score from what I remember. If we ignore the ending theme, I don't think 10 minutes of actual music is missing. The rest that is missing is mostly SFXish stuff which was a good choice to leave out (if they were Kajiura in the first place). I'll look at the movie again later (inb4 I'm full of shit).

But that ending theme... I'm glad I have the Chinese version since the inclusion of his vocals on "My father, my mother" makes the Chinese version seem like the intended version... but there's still the notion that Joelle had a version of it (according to the ending credits scroll and reports from movie goers)... Will we get it on FICTION3 or something? lol (-unreleased work of LORD-)...

Seems there is still only one of the LORD songs included after all... But anyway, this was really cool. I'll need to listen to it again to single out specific songs and stuff, but I really enjoyed just how full the whole arrangement including choir and singers sounded here compared to most of her other soundtracks. Fate/Zero is really the only other soundtrack I can think of that comes close to this in terms of sheer epicness. Really appreciated the brass here as well.

Moving on to Disc 2...😁

Back