The works for soundtrack 2 (December 6, 2023)

I don't think I'm ready for Nisipa after the main theme and the second track, lol. This album is too good.

Oh actually it's very Fenaish from the 3rd one... Wonder if they were done around the same time... Do we think this is real brass tho? There are moments where I feel it's real but others when I'm thinking it's synth...

#3@1:15 so purty musically to me
#12 o_0

Last edited:
Finished the first CD. I gotta join in the love fest and say this was both a treat and a complete surprise. I actually watched LORD in a theater, and I do not remember the ost being this good. It is very much in the vein of f/z and sao but there's just so much more variety in the instrumentation and emotion, it's like their little brother who went to college and studied abroad

Do you remember the ending theme from your screening? Was it Cheney Chen or Joelle? lul.

XD

Edit:
Living Nature. o_0 to think we survived this long without it... sometimes it's good you don't know what you're missing...

HISTORIA4 is surprisingly chill so far. It sounds great but it's definitely not the melodic standalone offerings of the previous OSTs. I do really like the sound of it tho and wouldn't mind more in this direction. (inb4 I'm over it by the end of this selection, lol.) Edit: Yea, so the chill parts were great, the later strings tracks were a little less successful for me (though it could be because of what came before on this entire album). If for every 2 chill tracks you had a longer standalone track à la HISTORIA1-3, it would be A++.

Kitchen Revolutions... Actually cute... except it's only 6 minutes... Is this really all Kajiura did for it? XD
I didn't really spend time with the drama so I'm not familiar with the whole thing but from skipping around it felt like there was more... Well guess this is something to investigate. Or maybe we should be investing our time in Terada, too. (I'm also sure it's a case like in DEEMO where Mori/Kajiura regulars are also playing on non-Kajiura tracks so it blends better than say Kimetsu.)

The last two were, well, a 2 minute revisit to Madoka's world in preparation for Walpurgis no Kaiten. Good to have it but also not particularly exciting. ;p

I need to take a short break before another full CD of Kajiura, lol.

Last edited:
Ok, so I need to give my ears a break after Gaia but I absolutely loved pretty much everyhing so far. While the Eien no Nispa tracks revolve mainly around only very few musical themes, they were arranged so beautifully that I was never bored. I also liked, that sound effects were mostly used only sparingly here. And again real brass and also harp. Very beautiful!

Living Nature and Gaia are definitely gems in Kajiuras overall discography if you ask me. Incredible that they have never been released before. Had to listen to Living Nature twice and will do so many more times for sure.

Fantastic release up to this half-point! Can't wait to listen to the rest.

Does someone have the mp3 downloads of it, please? I looked for HnA but it says the site doesn't exist anymore.

Ok, I resumed my listening session.

Historia 4 feels more like leftover short tracks than a full volume. It's mostly just atmospheric stuff, but I have to give Kajiura credit in so far that it sounded like she actually made an effort to not spam her overused sound effects for the most part here. It's surprisingly enjoyable for what it is, but it's still by far the weakest part of this cd and so far.

Kitchen Revolution is pretty cool actually. It's three renditions of the same theme, but I liked it.

As far as Madoka goes, I now understand why they didn't promote it. You can't tease people with madoka and then give them under three minutes of content. The pieces were good but supershort renditions of mainly the sagitta luminis and the mada dame yo themes with some other familiar motifs thrown in there. Nice to have but I could've survived without it.

Now Disc 3!

Review for Disc 1 (L.O.R.D)

I'd say the soundtrack has many similarities to Fate/Zero both in style and sound effects like for example "Commanding you to kill her" vs "The world is tumbling down". However there were some unique tracks like "Harbaor city in the parade" which i totally didnt expect to have vocals. also really like "Like a flaming tourch in the forest".
Why imprisonment sounds like a happy place ? lol
This soundtrack shines by how many of its tracks have vocals which i think is the highest percent in many many years.

Also is there Eri Itou in there as well or only Joelle cause im honestly confused ^^;
Distributions i noted:

Disc 1
Vocals: Track 3 (Hanae), 5 (Eri Itou), 7 (chinese dude), 11 (Eri Itou), 13 (Hanae), 16, 21, 24 (Kasahara), 31 (Yuriko?!), 34 (Joelle)
Chorus: 14, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 34

I'd say
@3 Hanae and/or Kajiura v( '')v I'm always confused on these...
@5 Eri
@7 Cheney Chen
@11 Eri
@13 Hanae (yes, I know this is possibly the same as 3 but... eh... I really wanna say Kajiura on 3... lol...)
@14 Hanae
@21 Joelle
@24 Yuri
@31 Yuriko?????no Yuriko according to booklet
@34 Joelle obv

I'm looking at the movie and I was wrong... there's some stuff left that I wouldn't mind if they included... Although there's also the chance that some of it is part of some other track that I do not yet immediately recognize... because the movie opens up with the first half of "My father, my mother" (which is later repeated with Cheney Chen parts) ...

Last edited:
Disc 2:
Eien no Nispa was relaxing but nothing that catched my attention in particular.
Also i d like to add im so touched we FINALLY hear living nature and Gaia after what, 12 years ? lol also is it me or Living Nature melody has been reused partly to SAO's aerial fight ?
I Gather stuff after Gaia on Disc 2 is RHH ?
RHH stuff was more interesting, I really enjoyed the Yuriko track at the end of them, which I bet was written around the same time she did the Kubikiri circle ost cause it has the similar technique of Piano leitmotif which is otherwise unusual for Kajiura.
madoka tracks: So nice to hear these whole too ^_^ Last one has little bit of kimi no ginn no niwa in there, as follow-up from Rebellion i guess.

Last edited:
I Gather stuff after Gaia on Disc 2 is RHH ?
Yes, after gaia until track 35 is Historia. 36 to 38 is Kitchen.

Listened to Disc 3. It's too late and I'm too tired now to write much, but let me say, I am impressed and Kajiura can be proud of this one. Imagine Hanako to Anne and Princess Principal had a baby. There were some amazing jazzy standouts here.

WFS2 >> WFS1

I'm loving this soundtrack so far. Lord that is. I really like Ice Fang and The power inside you. that one's really interesting. It's very fresh sounding for her I think.

Listened to Disc 3. It's too late and I'm too tired now
I figured I'd leave Kaze yo Arashi yo for tomorrow. 3CDs of previously unreleased Kajiura is a lot to take...

Also I don't want to shit on this album because it is fantastic and yesterday we had only the Chinese LORD songs and today we have 70minutes of the OST... I've not been this giddy listening to an album in a goooood while... and I don't regret spending more than I should've between all the versions... but I definitely wish LORD got 2CDs to be as complete as possible. XD

Just noticed it's missing the final Hanae track too. :|

Last edited:
my turn... this will probably take three posts. one per CD which is rather unusual.

CD1 - LORD

I often have the same dream - I love the intro, creepy and fantasy-like setting.
This is my village - nice village track. so similar to past tracks of its kind but still very good.
Ice Fang - that percussion in the middle when Hanae? kicks in tho...
Awakening in the forest - another village track. so so lovely. that guitar. perfect to play in the background when you go into a village in a DnD campaign.
The power inside you - came out of nowhere! lovely brass, that sax... it's like endlessly and fireseeker joined forces. made me smile so much that my cheeks hurt. Eri LOVES.
We will set off tomorrow - nice interlude.
My father, my mother - chills. chills. such a well done "drama" track. na na na nah na nah. the strings in the end :)
The chase in the night - love the percussion.
Harbor city in the parade - wow. where did that come from? it's excellent; so much fun. that aaaaahhh in the end hmm.
In the rocky hills - wow such an effective atmospheric song. more silent hill-esque.
To find your horcrux - love it. reminds me of Demon Souls soundtrack.
The battle with something evil - love it. the use cello and brass, strings - only Kajiura can pull this off lol. the gap of silence is a bit nonsensical but ok?
I am always on your side, brother - so heartwarming. and the ending.. again it's silent hill-esque, leaves you with uneasiness...
The battle in the sky - LOVE. the percussion, strings, brass. and some not-so-Kajiura like bits. a bit of a Western/Hollywood style action in the mix. I am glad it didn't turn into a "hopeful comeback" Kajiura track toward the end.
Hem of Goddess - EXCELLENT. what a boss fight track. so epic. @2:00 onwards is PURE DELIGHT. the brass in the background adds so much complexity and then the ending with stacatto and the raammmmpppp then brass then strings again. ah. wonderful.
I can sacrifice, but I can't let him die - WHOLLY FHIN SKITTT... WHAT THE HOLY MOLY TUCK. Joelle marry me. her leeeeeee @1:06-1:10. my heart melted. can't take it anymore lol. I TOO HAVE TO TAKE A BREAK HERE.

I am buying this Works for Soundtrack II. This part was enough for me to judge thus far that it's worth every encouragement (/penny) so that the trend continues. After Hanako, Fena, this will be my third album. Well done Kajiura.

Last edited:
Working my way through the second disc. Some good stuff here. I know it’s been talked about, but I’m still really sad those Tokyo Revelation tracks weren’t included. We got two throw away madoka tracks, why not add the tsubasa tracks too

Wow I don't expect myself to like the songs on this as much as I do, but here I am being completely surprised. Only at Disc 1 but I'm really enjoying what I'm listening so far. Between this release and Keiko's song, it's a good day to be a Kajiura fan. Kinda cheated and went to Kaze yo, Fuke because KOKIA. Hmmmmmm the sound is very Kajiura and not Kajiura at the same time. delicious. I love it. KOKIA is excellent singer as usual. I truly feel like this kind of melody and delivery are only feasible and possible because it's KOKIA singing. YKL19 please have DVD/BD.

Last edited:
Back