Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

^Yeah, I know. And I know about the cutting up of the songs like in the last two parts of the anime. *sigh* I wish someone like the Hanako director could have done this, since he/she played almost all of a song, or all of it at times. Le sigh.

^I'm surprised by the sloppy use of music. The sound director is the same one behind fate zero and kara no kyoukai, both of which had very sharp sound direction.

^ but SAO was always like that: 15 tracks per episode, 10 - 30 secs each used =_=

perhaps its the main director that decides those thigs ?

^I know I meant for the whole series. I just don't know what the person in charge of music is thinking. Who leaves out the voices of a vocal track?

I liked most of the new tracks in this episode, and that Swordland arrangement at the end was pretty cool.

I wonder if Kajiura really did compose that banjo track from the Untouchable game.

Also, @george1234 , I think the reason the music was so low is because it was supposed to be like in-game BGM.

Episode 5 http://anilinkz.com/sword-art-online-ii-episode-5 (subtitled)

musics

- the eguitar bass drums swordland arrangement from previous episode (old)
OP
- bgm with electroc sounds and beat (new?)
- the bgm with the accoustic piano (old) - whole ?
- sfx
- sfx (old)
- the bgm with strings and drums from ep 3 ? (old)
- new bgm with strings and beat (new)
- the bgm with the synthesizer from last episode turn out to have a swordland flute in the middle and a eguitar solo too :D (new)
- fanfare bgm
- heavy bgm with horns and strings, and drums (probably death gun theme), (new)
- the bgm from trailer 2 with the drums strings and bass (new) (it turned out pretty epic!) but they used it at a very unfitting scene imo.
ED

Last edited:
George1234 that death gun theme is not new its already used in first episode in de beginning. .... nd dat second track after is so good remind me somehow of I was waiting for this moment. ....overall till now I liked only few tracks..... I believe they let us hear more vocal tracks..... :XD:

^ I know its not new, but there was a bigger part of the track in this ep, thus new :XD:

I'm personally bigger fun of the instrumental tracks since vocal ones tend to have a very predicted structure and in any way its early for them to appear, since they are usually used in the climax of the story (but an ongaku-ish bgm would defenitely fit here as shop music)

You know, I am kind of disappointed that Kajiura didn't write a gun gale online theme. Swordland was the theme for SAO because it was all about swords and this extended to ALO kind of. GGO is all about guns so Swordland, even with electric guitars, doesn't really sound right to me.

Reactions: aki
Indeed but if you remember there were some notes after the SAO contest where she said that swordland was meant to be Kirito's theme but it turned out to be theme for the whole series. Its kinda like how "in the garden of sinners" bgm is to kara no kyoukai.

the tracks George wrote in bold are somewhat good but...

i don't think i'm getting the epicness of this music. it has no particular soul to it; i fail to feel the same things I do for Communication Breakdown, or pieces from KnK or maybe "Hit it and Run" from El Cazador De La Bruja, "Salva Nos" from Noir just to give a few examples. i'm not saying i would like pieces similar to these, quite the contrary, i would want every piece to have meaning and structure of its own, bearing the show in mind of course.

sorry, i try not to reiterate my thoughts on this.

^ maybe its fault of the scene used, the way the last track was used is similar to how the epic part at the end of KnK5 M23 was, in a scene with no battle but with some thoughts/flashbacks instead.

anyway, even if you are right and the music has no soul, I can do nothing about it :XD:
the best thing you can do is to mail YK, its the only action that might actually have an effect, complaining here doesnt :)

we can always compare HtA 2 and this when they come out :P

yes the use of music is utterly horrible anyway. everything i say is subjective of course, that goes without saying. i'm merely expressing how i feel about the music used, if it's complaining, then yes i suppose it is.

i might send her an email who knows :) though it would be useless i guess.

i don't know how HtA2 overall would compare to SAO2. the shows are really different but so far i enjoy the music in HtA way more than SAO2. again IMHO.

Plus it is only the 5th episode, there could be some really great songs. They just started the Bullet of Bullets tournament. (I loved that one where it started right when the gun was fired, I think. Then Kirito was dodging the bullets behind a pillar.) And as it has been said many time, it is like the first series, where they cut off before the song gets good. We may end up having some awesome tracks on the cd, it's a shame that they use the music this way. Hope there's more vocals like that REMI song in the beginning. I would really like an insert song (actual Japanese vocals) by Yuki, or maybe Emily Bindiger would come back too? That would be something.

I've noticed that kajiura saves the vocal tracks for the female character so the next REMI track will probably be during Sinon's inevitable battle with Kirito.

Sigh, 5 episodes in and I really am disappointed with what I've heard. I was hoping for heavy metal noise tracks or even some rock guitar but it just hasn't been delivering.

^That would be awesome, and it could be done, like Wakana's Hikari no Yukue. Or there could be another one with all three of them like snow is falling, but of course more fitting for the show.

Back