Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

@george:

Haha then for your happiness, I tell you that in all SAO novels starting with this, the "harem" is just for some short moments, and they dont appear much. But if you think about it, there was never really a harem, since, in season 1, Kirito met every other girl before he meats Asuna, and he never thought of them as lovers, it was only one - sided (and in Silica's case it was only a sempai admiration), and same goes for the sister.

Like I said, I hate harem, but I did watch quite a bit of it back when it was all I could watch on TV (aa megami sama, saber marionette, love hina come to mind) usually the main character is in love with only one of the girls, but that doesn't exempt them all from being head over heels for him, and for there being hot girls everywhere who fall in love with the hero for some unexplainable reason. And I've read all of the SAO novels, I didn't think SAO itself was bad, ALO was absolutely terrible and I'm not into incest so that Suguha side story creeped me out (yes, I know he's not her brother, I don't care, they grew up as siblings anyway) and GGO is alright. I really liked the one that comes after GGO too, don't remember what is called, something Rosario? You're right about Silica, but everyone else is hopelessly in love with Kirito and he's just such a one dimensional "perfect hero" character that it bores me (even more considering that Asuna is also a perfect Mary Sue). Sinon is pretty awesome though, and so is the girl in the next novel, basically, I like all the supporting cast and the art in the novel is pretty cool (another reason why I hate the anime, I think it doesn't do it justice at all)

Don't mind me though, I've had issues with the anime adaptation ever since it started, so I'm kind of pressed about the whole thing. Don't let that interfere with your enjoyment though :goodjob::love:

Aaaaand back on topic, I agree that the OST sounds a lot more underwhelming than I had imagined so far, I was hoping for something darker, but maybe it will get better when things get more exciting :glower:

http://www.swordart-online.net/news/
First BD/DVD of SAO II announced
Will contain first 3 episodes, and a CD with character songs. Released October 22.
So I guess the OST comes with the 2nd one, around November, or even the 3rd in December...

Blu-ray&DVD 第1巻 10月22日発売決定!
「ソードアート・オンラインⅡ」のBlu-ray&DVD第1巻が10月22日(水)に発売決定!!

Blu-ray完全生産限定版 ¥7,800+税 ANZX-11121~11122
DVD完全生産限定版 ¥6,800+税 ANZB-11121~11122
DVD通常版 ¥5,800+税 ANSB-11121~11122

■収録話
第1話「銃の世界」 
第2話「氷の狙撃手」
第3話「鮮血の記憶」

■完全生産限定版特典
★キャラクター原案:abec描き下ろし収納BOX
★キャラクターデザイン:足立慎吾描き下ろしデジジャケット仕様
★特典CD(キャラクターソング収録)
★特製ブックレット(16P)
★特典映像
・川原礫黙認「そーどあーと・おふらいん つー」その1
※SDキャラ達によるキャラクターコメンタリー映像
・ノンクレジットオープニング
★オーディオコメンタリー収録

DVD通常版も同時発売
¥5,800+税 ANSB-11121~11122

商品情報ページはこちら
店舗購入特典情報はこちら

ep 3 WITH SUBS http://anilinkz.com/sword-art-online-ii-episode-3

Music

- SFX with blinking sounds
- bgm with nice piano (difficult to hear)
- bgm with cello
- bgm with strings and beat later on
- bgm with cello (dont remember if its the same as the previous one)
- bgm with piano (I think it had played again on ep 1 - should be the Shinon theme)
- bgm with strings (reminds me of a certain music from tsubasa)
- bgm with strings and accoustic piano (same as the one from ep 2)
- piano bgm (heaver than usual)
- bgm with violin drums and e.guitar (I LOVE THIS) (starts 20:32)
ED

(highlighted the best tracks)

still not impressed. the last track may amount to something in the future.

there's simply no character in the music. i don't know the show that much but IMO the music so far has been done hurriedly...

people have commented on this quite right. Kajiura seems to base her music on emotions that she might feel for the characters in the show and judging from the music, she doesn't.

Dont forget this director's bad habbit of using the musics for a few seconds and cutting them just when the good part starts. It happened all over the first arc and on all episodes of this so far, especially the ones that seem to be battle themes. Great example: First town, were the vocal part was never used in the anime.

also nobody has so far replied to my question here which is related to what you said.

bgm with strings (reminds me of a certain music from tsubasa) = similar to "dewdrops" from ost 1 of tsubasa

Last edited:
i think it was sora who mentioned something like that. anyways that's how i feel about the music for now.

^ Not yet, next time wil lbe the meeting of Kirito and Shinon, where the first will choose what you menthioned instead of guns, action is later on as far as I remember.

i think it was sora who mentioned something like that. anyways that's how i feel about the music for now.

Yeah that was me and I still believe it too. In fact, does anyone know if she's watching SAO 2? I remember when fate zero was airing she tweeted quite a bit about it but I haven't seen any mention of SAO 2. Anyway, there were a couple of good tracks this episode, well basically the tracks that george bolded were the only ones I liked. After Hanako and Anne, this show seems like a step back for Kajiura.

In fact, does anyone know if she's watching SAO 2?
:psst: I doubt she's gonna tweet about the bust shots (rather, the fanservice) too which seems to drive the whole anime (and drown the actual story) LOL.

But anyways, to each his own.

^ this episode didnt have any of those. and speaking of fate zero, it had a 99% naked gilgamesh :P

We shouldnt hear about bust shots from someone who draws hot guys in beach mode in his thread :psst:

@sora: She's always watching the shows she writes for, that she doesnt twit doesnt really mean anything, since she was watching even before twitter gets invented.

Last edited:
^ this episode didnt have any of those. and speaking of fate zero, it had a 99% naked gilgamesh :P

We shouldnt hear about bust shots from someone who draws hot guys in beach mode in his thread :psst:

@sora: She's always watching the shows she writes for, that she doesnt twit doesnt really mean anything, since she was watching even before twitter gets invented.
I know but when sao first started airing she tweeted a reminder every week. Then the second arc started and the tweets stopped, with the exception of the last episode.

Maybe she is just a really busy woman with a lot going on, with the lives, and maybe writing more songs for Kalafina, I hope, and Hanako, it's hard doing all these things and keep up with the internet.

Also, watched the 3rd and will watch it again with better speakers, but yeah, kind of boring. I did like the e-guitar one, but did not seem like the same one that was in the preview, or was it? Hmm, just my hearing I guess. So far I've really liked the violin songs and the REMI new track.

Edit: Watched it again, I do really like that violin/e-guitar track. The violin has a lot of vibrato which makes it sound wavy and cool. And I completely forgot I watched it by myself when I watched again tonight with my bro. lol I thought we had watched it together... I think I need sleep now.

Last edited by a moderator:
EPISODE 4 streaming (HQ)

Music

- the bgm with accoustic piano (old)
- the bgm with blinging sounds (old)
OP
- new playful bgm (ala "with my friends")
- the bgm with drums and horns (old)
- new bgm with some other blinging sounds lol - later on has some guitar too
- new bgm with drums and e.guitar
- new bgm in the background (sounded a bit far west-ish)
- new bgm using synthesizer, and e.guitar
- new bgm in the background (sounded a bit far west-ish) - now it had violin too
- new bgm with beat and e.guitar (difficult to hear) - has violin too

- new bgm with piano and disco sounds
- bgm with synch percussion
- another disco bgm, has guitar too
- sythesizer bgm
- sfx with blinging sounds (not sure if its the same as #2) (old)
- bgm with horn and strings (old)
- new bgm with drums and e.guitar, drums
ED

No vocals this time. This episode's musics, especially those inside the shop felt so music like music you would hear inside shops in sci-fi RPG games! (and also of this ) ^_^ I think the playful one at the beginning was too childish for the situation, but whatever XD I think the musics in this episode upgraded my interest for the OST

Also looks like Kajiura is back to her synthesizer music :sohappy:

whole episode in mp3 with vocal filter, some musics heard more clear :)

Last edited:
same feelings still...

last track is a nice e.guitar Swordland arrangement but have to listen to the rest of it.

whatever this OST will bring, i hope they won't make mistakes like changing the pitch/speed of the songs and releasing the same song twice. seriously people.

^ Yes I hope for this too, last time it was really lame of them, and all they did was to appologise for the double track :(

I believe some these musics will turn out pretty good, but with the voice overlapping most and using only a few seconds of each its not easy to get a good idea ^^

LOL at Kirito's pitchy voice XD

^Heh and then he loses it later when he becomes more comfortable with Shinon. So people just think he looks like a girl, like me. I wonder if he will continue leading people on like that. (But man, I thought I had a flat chest, when he appeared in the beginning and the guy thought he was a girl and everything, he did not even have the chest plate on. lol Wow.)

I like the music so far. It reminds me, at least in this episode, of some of the Tsubasa tracks, like slipstream and others. But there were a lot of sfx songs in this one. Wouldn't be so bad if they were like the ones in Kara no Kyoukai, since that music was awesome. These are sometimes boring. (I am sorry Yuki-sama! I really am.) But the actual songs are nice. Like when he got on the bike type thing. And during the game. lol at the bad English. I am looking forward to when there's more fights, like with the REMI song in the 2nd episode.

Back