Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

Episode 6 with subs

music

- same bgm the last episode ended with (old)
- OP
- sfx with blinking sounds (old)
- various bgms from SAO arc OST due to flashback
- piano bgm (old)
- new jungle-ish bgm (percussion and flute sample)
- bgm with electronic sounds sfx and strings (probably old)
- bgm with blinging sounds (old)
new (?)bgm with strings horn and percussion
- that piano music that's shinon theme
- -sfx and electronic sounds
- new cello bgm
ED

BD vol 2 with eps 4-6 comes out November 26 with character song disc :rain:

so OST comes out in christmass time :cry:(or maybe January if they put it in the last BD)

I see. 4chan lied to me again!

I read that it was gong to be 2 cour, and that GGO was going to end around episode 15, and the rest would be side stories.

Just about everywhere seems to list it as 24 episodes. They're probably doing Mother's Rosario in the second part, plus maybe some ALO side stuff (Calibur is the main one I think).

Also the animation in recent episodes is way worse than it has any right to be considering how much money is in this. A lot of pans and loops and stills

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, we complained about that before. I think they do that mainly for flashbacks, which is kind of good for me, since I don't like them. heh Though there were some for even parts that should have been full animation, in the first season. But my main thing is that I hope they don't cut up Kirito's battles, like they kind of did with Sinon. They did not show him running, from what I remember, I just remember the prediction lines.

In any case. Wow, they used critical phase, from season one. I mean, I knew it was a flashback to the first part of the show, but still. I still think she could have used new music for it. And I love that string and horn melody. All of the strings stuff I've heard so far I've liked. Something I don't get though, Kirito said he might be a SAO survivor like him, which makes sense, but then he says "maybe someone I killed?" but how can that be when when someone killed someone in SAO, they died in real life? Unless I read that wrong. I just thought that odd.

Something I don't get though, Kirito said he might be a SAO survivor like him, which makes sense, but then he says "maybe someone I killed?" but how can that be when when someone killed someone in SAO, they died in real life? Unless I read that wrong. I just thought that odd.

I thought the same thing the moment he said that, but after that he said "no, that can't be".

^Ah, okay. I missed that part then. Because that extra scene we saw, the flashback was still in SAO right? Not ALO, well yeah, it had to be since they did not have their ALO avatars. And maybe next time we'll get to figure out who Death Gun is? Since they were fighting the Laughing Coffin guys and he was trying to figure out who he was. But my brother said he could put the tattoo wherever the guy wants in GGO. Hmm.

^ its because its a game. In games there are certain musics for certain places, so if you visit again a town in a game its gonna have the same music as when you first did, and same when you visit the same place in the sequel of that game. So they had to have SAO music in the SAO flashback ^^

I know, it fit really well. (I am a gamer, so I know all about it lol) I am just not as impressed with this at the SAO ost, except for those REMI songs.

Episode 7 (SUBS)

Music

- with my friends bgm from sao ost 1
- OP
- some of the sao ost 1 sfx
- piano bgm, forgot which
- new piano & a.guitar bgm
- new sfx bgm with blinking
- sfx from season 1
- some sounds I cant figure out much (hospital scene)
- piano bgm from season 1
- another piano bgm, I think from season 1 too ??
- the middle eathern bgm from the extra edition (so that too gets released)
- another bgm from season 1
- blinking sfx (old)
- some bar bgm for a second (new)
- horn drumming bgm (old)
ED

There was too much season 1 music in this one, even when not really needed :(

At least now we know Kirito is badass only on the outside :XD:

Indeed the next episodes are more interesting,

There's the fight with Shinon again, then fight with Death gun, and probably nexxt episode continuation of that fight and then some IRL events which are IMO the most interesting part of this arc

Last edited:
how many new bgms are there in total so far including the ones from the extra edition? if it's only 12 episodes, then would they just smush all the new music into 5 episodes? which wouldn't surprise me at all.

They are alot, since its was only the previous and this ep that had season 1 musics. All the previous had from the new ones even though some were repeating. I am going to count them now based on my episodical lists

This is all so far, I excluded all tracks I said that they are from previous eps as well as season 1 ones, I hope they wont release the SFX ones. I guess the coolest music will be next episodes since we only got 2 vocal tracks so far, one of which from extra edition. Some are probably dublicate too since I cant remember all melodies.

- techno with e.guitar bgm
- sfx, strings & drums bgm (cant hear it well with this video quality)
- new piano track
- new harp and flute track
- sfx bgm
- another sfx bgm
- a third sfx bgm lol (more agressive)
- hard to hear piano bgm
- more sfx bgm (oh this time has some accoustic piano in too)
- horns, drumiing, bells, bgm
- violin, piano bgm
- strings bgm (sounds like an earlier stage of the PV2 music)
- bass, guitar, sampled vocals (?) bgm
- BGM with electronic sound, and e.guitar/bass
- another sfx-ish bgm, I recognise a familiar flutish sample
- bgm with strings, beat < really like this one but they cut it too fast :(
- bgm that starts with sfx, then goes with strings
- bgm with drums, accoustic piano
- bgm with horns, strings
- REMI BGM with e.guitar!!! (starts 17:10)
- piano bgm
- the new REMI bgm from the Extra edition :D (so it will get released!)
- bgm with nice piano (difficult to hear)
- bgm with cello
- bgm with strings and beat later on
- bgm with strings (reminds me of a certain music from tsubasa)
- piano bgm (heaver than usual)
- bgm with violin drums and e.guitar (I LOVE THIS) (starts 20:32)
- new playful bgm (ala "with my friends")
- new bgm with some other blinging sounds lol - later on has some guitar too
- new bgm with drums and e.guitar
- new bgm in the background (sounded a bit far west-ish)
- new bgm using synthesizer, and e.guitar
- new bgm in the background (sounded a bit far west-ish) - now it had violin too
- new bgm with beat and e.guitar (difficult to hear) - has violin too
- new bgm with piano and disco sounds
- bgm with synch percussion
- another disco bgm, has guitar too
- sythesizer bgm
- new bgm with drums and e.guitar, drums (swordland arrangement)
- bgm with electroc sounds and beat (new?)
- sfx
- new bgm with strings and beat (new)
- the bgm with the synthesizer from last episode turn out to have a swordland flute in the middle and a eguitar solo too :D (new)
- fanfare bgm
- heavy bgm with horns and strings, and drums (probably death gun theme), (new)
- the bgm from trailer 2 with the drums strings and bass (new) (it turned out pretty epic!) but they used it at a very unfitting scene imo.
- new jungle-ish bgm (percussion and flute sample)
- bgm with electronic sounds sfx and strings (probably old)
new (?)bgm with strings horn and percussion
-sfx and electronic sounds
- new piano & a.guitar bgm
- new sfx bgm with blinking
- some sounds I cant figure out much (hospital scene)
- the middle eathern bgm from the extra edition (so that too gets released)
- some bar bgm for a second (new)

Last edited:
There were a lot of old songs in this last ep. The piano ones, and the 'fight with a devil' song, it was not the one from the extra edition, george, it was from the 2nd ost. (You meant the one where they are fighting a monster in ALO right? Since it is still ALO they used the old music again. *sigh* Yuki could still make new music for these scenes.) Yeah, I am not even really impressed with the show and music so far. Except for the new REMI song, nothing has really jumped out at me. I thought the one where they rode on the buggy was nice, and that one in the hospital when Kirito was talking to the nurse, I think that's when it was. I am looking forward to the next eps then, I was hoping for something better during the first fight with Sinon, but I guess they were saving it for the last fight?

Synopsis of ep 8

http://www.swordart-online.net/phantom/story/index.html

脚本
菅原雪絵
コンテ
山田弘和
演出
山田弘和
作監
鈴木豪
《BoB》本戦に《死銃》とボロマントの男が出場していると考えるキリトは、本戦開始までの時間を利用してシノンに情報交換を持ちかけ、参加者を探ろうとする。予選第一回戦の後、様子がおかしくなったキリトを見て何か訳アリだと察していたシノンは、事情を話すようキリトに迫り、彼が《SAO》からの生還者であることを知る。そのような中、いよいよ大会本戦の火蓋が切って落とされ、直径10kmの広大なフィールドを舞台にした、30名のプレイヤーによるバトルロイヤルが始まる。

Episode 8

Musics

- sfx + accoustic piano (old)
OP
- silence
- sfx
- piano (shinon theme)
- new bgm with drums, synch horns, e.guitar, strings
- sfx (old)
- new bgm with flute , bass, and e.guitar
- new strings bgm
- sfx / e guitar bgm (old)
- horns / strings / drums bgm (old)
ED

Wow, this episode felt like 5 minutes! :D
the part with kirito pretending to be a girl in this ep wasnt in the novel I think XD

lol That was kind of dumb, even after he explained himself to Sinon. But I guess he wants to keep a secret from everyone else. And that strings bgm with the Death Gun scene was creepy. It actually gave me chills again like some of the KnK music did. I was a lot more please with the music in this one, at least the way it was used. But yeah, the episode did go by fast, what with like 30 seconds of elevator ride... *huge sarcasm* that was a greeeeat scene. lol Anyways, the next episode should be good, can't wait!

Back