Movies that you had recently watched

Both of you, so lucky! I want to see Madoka and the Conan movie, since I've been watching Conan like nonstop now. (Only on 130)

I saw The Hunger Games: Catching Fire last Monday, it was so good! I like the first one, but this one was even better I think, and I think the 1st one was more sad. I want to go again, but first I have to see the 2nd Hobbit.

I recently watched Beautiful Creatures.... :uh..: it was terrible. The beginning had me laughing 'cause of their pathetic southern hick drawl . It had such potential...

Liana said:
Both of you, so lucky! I want to see Madoka and the Conan movie, since I've been watching Conan like nonstop now. (Only on 130)
:ohoho: :goodjob:
I recommend skipping the tv originals //flees

I watched the Madoka movie and Porco Rosso. Those air pirates in Porco Rosso were soo funny, love them.

^I actually like the tv originals, some of them anyways. heh Watching the New Years special now.

Just watched Santa Claus and the Devil, or something like that. It's a mst3k movie, which is why I watched it. And we watched it for Christmas, though it was the Sunday before.

I watched Hunger Games 2 recently with a friend as well...and I want to see 47 Ronin when it comes out...

rewatched Grave of the Fireflies the other night :cry:
going to lend it to my history teacher tomorrow :ohoho:

just finished "beasts of the southern wild" in film class. DAT INDIE FILM THO. i almost cried at the end lol OTL :touched:

oh that reminds me, we watched the gathering storm in history class this week

^Saw that around new year's with friends. It was actually better than I expected (though that probably says more about my expectations). Unfortunately, other people weren't so... impressed.

Finally get to watch the PMMM Rebellion movie earlier today. My brain hurts.
Not sure what to think of it ... hopefully I'll arrive at something concrete when I watch it again tmr.

Off to the gym.

The Lego Movie.

It's enjoyable, but the jokes are lame lol.

Last night I watched The King's Speech
okay so idiot me thought for the longest time that it was about Martin Luther King Jr but then realised it's about George VI when we were talking about it in history class...
I think I enjoyed it so much because I love historical movies/books/tv-shows :XD: I'm slowly coming to realise that I shouldn't major in environmental science in college, but history because I love it so much more (as my friend tells me often)

EDIT: oh and I wish they had used the actor who plays Churchill in The Gathering Storm in The King's Speech. The one in the latter had his way of speaking down and everything, but he looks nothing like him...I actually thought he kinda looked like Peter Pettigrew in hp *flees*

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw Ride Along at the movie theatre. I couldn't stop laughing hahaha
Now looking forward to seeing Catching Fire when it comes out on DVD in a few days....

reached the comedy unit in film arts -- finished tootsie (which i thoroughly enjoyed, although i had to watch some parts through my fingers OTL), and now we're watching paper moon (which i am also enjoying) :ohoho:

miyazaki's the wind rises is still in theaters nearby so maybe i should go see it.... don't wanna see dub, though :leaf: and i should probably watch frozen before it's kicked out of the theaters OTL

Nausicaa of the valley of the wind. Years on and I'd still think that it's the best work from Miyazaki.

The Wind Rises will be released on the 20th this month.
Looking forward to it.

^Oooo thanks for that info, looking forward to that movie.

Saw Divergent a couple weeks ago. It was okay. I think I liked The Hunger Games more.

The Wind Rises was great although I missed some of it due to traffic.
Nausicaä is still the best though.

Back