Movies that you had recently watched

Watched Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society (what a mouthful!) a couple of days ago.
It was interesting in terms of how things panned out after the end of 2nd GIG, but it seemed a bit rushed :uh..: . Like, the story moved too quickly, especially if you compare it to the two anime seasons - but that's to be expected, since it's only one film. The animation and art was really nice, though :dote:

I also watched Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo. It was a lot better than expected, although the new character designs put me off at first.

I just watched The Last Song. Last movie in theater was the Host. Both awesome!

Just saw Iron Man 3 for free for my birthday! (Since I work at the movie theater hehe) It was awesome though and would have paid for it anyways. I am a fan of Robert Downy Jr. heh

Just watched The Great Gatsby yesterday :)

I really liked it despite its low ratings so far. The acting was pretty good too, Leonardo DiCaprio was great as always :D

^ Good to hear! I'm seeing it this Thursday, and was a bit worried because of the ratings.

I finally saw Howl's Moving Castle. There are no words. :shy: I was surprised at how great the dub was. Definitely recommend (though I don't know many who haven't seen it yet... :desksweat: ).

I was able to see Howl's Moving Castle at the cinema when the English dub came out and really enjoyed it. Billy Crystal as Calcifer cracked me up.
The soundtrack is also great, and so are the live arrangements on the Joe Hisaishi concert from 2008.

Saw Les Miserables two days ago.

I dunno, I felt it wasn't as great as everyone claimed it to be. I really wish they had gone into more detail in some things like explaining Fantine's backstory like in the book. But I understand that it's an adaptation of the musical and not the book so that's why it's probably different in some aspects. All in all, it was an alright movie. I really liked Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter, they stole the show :D Also I liked Anne Hathaway's version of I Dreamed a Dream, On My Own by the actress who played Eponine, and the ending song with everyone dead coming back to sing it :)

That reminds me I still want to see les mis.

Saw Star Trek: Into Darkness tonight. It was fun. Although I thought the main villian (won't give anything away) did not seem all that evil. He looked kind of dorky. Still, good movie. It had a tribble! hehe

Last major movies I watched

Iron Man 3 - Fantastic
Zero Dark Thirty - Okay but too long
Lincoln - Decent as Spielberg does

Last major movies I watched:

Great Gatsby: The acting and videography were superb (then again, how can a movie with my man Leo have bad acting?). Probably Fitzgerald's best film adaptation, and one of the best period. The only real gripe I had with it was the modern music. I completely disliked it. Even the slow tracks (except for my girl Florence Welch) just didn't really fit. They had a chance for a really clever score, perhaps modern jazz?, but totally fell short. Even Adele would have fit much better than the rap they had. Ugh, with music totally ruining the mood, I have to give a 3/5 though.

Star Trek: Um, I remember it being so exciting that I really didn't have a chance to use the bathroom even though I really needed to. I guess that's good? However, I would have liked real breathers, instead of the fake ones they had. They seemed very much Kate's last ep on NCIS, so the not real breathers always bring bad memories to mind. Come to think of it, the entire movie felt like they were jamming an entire season in two and a half hours. The villain needed a lot more build-up to be actually seem like a villain... Still, good acting, good videography. 3/5.

Just saw Superman: Man of Steel. I thought Zack Snyder did a wonderful job with it. I do like his other works. Although could have been less zooming in and out quickly. Oy... I think that's why I have a headache. But I looooved the music. Hans Zimmer is a genius. (Almost as much as Yuki heh) It was a little long, but good in my opinion. :dote:

I watched the Paprika with my friend two weeks ago.
it was....a really strange movie about dreams, to put it simply.

^ It's a good movie... some claim that the movie "Inception" was based on it.

Other Satoshi Kon movies worth watching include Millenium Actress and Tokyo Godfathers.

^ My friend and I were both thinking that it reminded us of Inception, actually :XD:
:ayashii: I'll be sure to watch those (it's gotten harder to find good movies to watch since we've already seen all Studio Ghibli ones)

^The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is also a good anime movie but one needs to be familiar with the series first and that had interesting consequences for me (-:

Back