Movies that you had recently watched

two weekends ago my sister and I watched the Maze for no particular reason. It was fabulous, and totally not what I was expecting.

Finally watched Seven Samurai (七人の侍) on DVD last night.

CAIyRaSUMAAPMw2.jpg

Last edited:
I saw Chappie and I thought it was excellent a shame it didn't do well here in the US Boxoffice but it will probably do better worldwide.

Saw a couple of Japanese movies on the flight:

Midnight Diner - set in a traditional Japanese eatery in an old part of Shinjuku that was open midnight to 8am.

Vancouver Asahi - about a baseball team in the Japanese community of Vancouver Canada up until internment during World War II.

Both were good.

watched Gosford Park for a paper. It was pretty good, though I much prefer how Maggie Smith's plays the dowager countess role in Downton Abbey

We watched Avengers: Age of Ultron yesterday. It was quite fun and I seem to pick the best time for having a restroom break lmao. I always get to go to the restroom during the part in which nothing significant happens XD Anyway, it was better than the first one. Thank goodness they made the characters more, um... human, revealing some of their back story and personal life. Now to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 soon to fill in the gaps :D

I watched Spirited Away at the cinema yesterday.
It recently got an norwegian dub, so I guess thats why they are showing it there now.
It was a great excuse for me to watch it again, I have only seen it on TV before.

Pretty sure the last movie I watched in cinemas at least was Foxcatcher. Pretty intense, especially seeing Steve Carell who normally plays such comedic roles going for such a serious part.
Although I did almost crack up at the scene where he shows his mother the wrestling trophy he won, and she takes one look at it, then says in deadpan "It says John Eagle Du pont." *unimpressed face* *awkward silence* :XD:

Watched a preview of The Man from UNCLE movie. Seemed to be very well done, made you feel like you were in the period it was set in.

I went to see Jurassic World with my brother recently. I only knew there was such a movie called Jurassic Park (didn't know the plot of it or the two sequels). I thought it was okay. Some parts were cool, but a lot of it seemed too cliché. I'd still recommend people seeing it once, though. It would've probably been more enjoyable for me if I was familiar with the franchise.

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - I was expecting it to be so-so but it was quite good.
Inside Out - Despite being a total kid's film it's actually quite deep. It's not something that would be my first choice to watch, but I'm glad I saw it.
Kuragehime live action - Watched on the plane back to LA. I've not read the manga or watched the anime but I enjoyed it a lot.

over the summer I watched quite a few movies

Silence of the Lambs
Side Effects
Annie (did not like this modern rendition at all)
Big Hero 6 (it was so gooood ;__;)
The Imitation Game (ended up buying a copy as well as the soundtrack)
some other movie involving phones. wasn't really my cup of tea
The 100 Foot Journey

The Man from UNCLE
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (holy crap the "zombies" and the jump scares //// def scarier than I expected)

Saw a new documentary movie "Sherpa" - most action takes place at Everest base camp and below so not one to see if you want to see higher up the mountain but does explain the additional dangers that sherpas face over the westerners attempting to climb Mount Everest.

Saw Batman Vs. Superman and while it wasn't completely horrible like the reviews overall say, I see why it got the reviews it did.

Together with my Family. We also plan to watch the Live Action "Jungle Book" soon. I'll be sure to share my thoughts about it here. Especially since I can't remember the original version when I watched it when I was very young.

Back