KOKIA

rumors said that songs like chouwa oto will appear in her new album that will be released on march 2013... :sohappy:

anddddd 2 singles (Battle Ship Yamato in March and Dragon Nest in February) and two albums (Tokyo Cafe Style in February and original album themed color of life in March) for 2013.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :D

^ That great!! :sohappy: I hope see makes some upbeat songs too (like Cosmoflips or Karma) because they are great when she makes these kinds of songs, while they are so rare (compared to her ballad songs0

KOKIA update : releases for 2013

Below are all of the upcoming releases for KOKIA in 2013 as far as I’m aware of as I write this (January 15). I hope this covers everything, feel free to let me know if you have any additions or corrections! Sources would be very much appreciated in that case.

Collaborations

Strike Suit Zero theme
A space themed game initially released for the PC. KOKIA provided the main theme. It is unclear whether there will be an official soundtrack for sale.
Release date: January 24 (game)
Sources: StrikeSuitZero.com, wikipedia

Tokyo Cafe Style #3: fantasies
It appears KOKIA will appear on this album. It’s the third in a series of cover albums, selecting ‘Cafe Music’ and hits from the 1980-90s. KOKIA will most likely do the vocals for toki o kakeru shoujo (‘the girl who leapt through time’) and BLIZZARD, in duet with Ayako Ikeda.
Release date: February 13 According to Tower records, delayed until March 13
Sources/pre-order: cdjapan.co.jp, yesasia.com, amazon.co.jp, Pasha’s blog

Albums/singles

Color of Life
KOKIA’s original album coming up soon, to celebrate her fifteen years as a singer.
Release date: March 30
Sources: kokia.com, kokia-15th.com

Kioku no Hikari
For the 4th Space Battleship Yamato 2199 movie, KOKIA is performing the ending theme, Kioku no Hikari (light of memories). The movie debuted January 12.
Release date: March 27
Sources/pre-order: yesasia.com, cdjapan.co.jp, animenewsnetwork.

Other

KOKIA 15th anniversary concert ~COLOR OF LIFE~
Date and place: April 28, 29; Shibuya’s Bunkamura Orchard Hall (Tokyo)
Ticket sales: start January 26
Sources: kokia.com, concert pamphlet

PHOTO BOOK
To compliment her 15th anniversary release, KOKIA will also release a new photo book. It will be for sale on her official webstore and on concert sites.
Sources: kokia.com, concert pamphlet

Dragon Nest vol. 2 theme song
After doing work for the first Dragon Nest, KOKIA will also do the theme song for the second Dragon Nest. She’ll release more information on her website soon.
Sources: concert pamphlet

thanks to mizumi chan for these information~ (>w<)

Hmm...I'm not sure if strike suit zero theme will be ballad as well though...and dragon nest theme song...perhaps it's not a ballad, george ^^, but I'm still not sure~
I'm waiting for march to comeeeee :sohappy:

I'm really curious with her 15th anniversary album: "color of life" :sohappy:

is it that one? >_< hmm...somehow..it sounds...a bit different from kokia voice..but... :@_@:

ahh, I see. thanks george~^_^
I was looking at the trailer one and I didn't listen to this one~ hehe
so..it's indeed another ballad haha

2012_12_19.jpg

christmas concert dec 2012 ~

%E8%89%B2%E8%BA%AB_5468.jpg

new year concert 2013 <3 :love:

quoted taken from the last 2 question from KOKIA 15th anniversary special interview (translated version by: mizumi chan, original version by: 浅羽晃 akira asaba) regarding to her upcoming album ~

——You will be releasing an album next spring?

“That’s right. Right now, creating the album is surely the first step, though it’s troubling and difficult. I decided to take on a big concept, and I may be writing many songs, but I keep repeating, asking myself whether it’s different from this or that. I faced a turning point after releasing ‘kokorobakari’ and the ‘History’ tour, and right now, I feel I’m searching for the person I’m going to be hereafter. When I wonder what music I still want to sing in ten years from now, I tend to be too serious in my thoughts about them having a good meaning. I always feel I shouldn’t really listen to music, shouldn’t really watch television either, and when I went to my piano to write songs, I felt this J-pop through my veins before I knew it.

I often have conversations with fellow musicians, about things like A-B-A-interlude-C or A1-A2-B-C, but long ago I didn’t understand this particular organization of songs, nor did I write it. I quickly felt like it wasn’t like me at all to develop towards subdued gracefulness nor to be called that way. I now want to write my songs for once while completely forgetting that. Without thinking about things like songs generally being divided into four parts, I want to write my music freely. The same goes for the lyrics. I have the feeling that when I compare to before, I used to collect the things I wanted to say inside me, and looked at them like an honours student would.

I think it’s good that I have things I want to tell myself and that they’re personal, but I think it could be interesting as well to find some broader themes to work with, so I want to write more music with that in mind, and I look for a theme as I wonder what songs I’ll write.”

—— It seems you’ve already decided on the cover art.

“I went to the southern islands for a photoshoot. At the time of ‘REAL WORLD’ (2010), I went to the Sahara desert; this time, I went to the island of Bali. In contrast to the Sahara, it was very humid, and the people I saw there were quiet. I want the album to feel like the big-hearted openness of the relaxed atmosphere of the southern islands. So, I want it to be an album without songs that are pointed or are too clearly divided into four parts like a story. It’s a challenge: maybe this is a meager change compared to my other albums, and people might think it’s bland. But it’s the album I want to make. The concept for the album is ‘Color of Life’. It will have songs with pretty sceneries, sceneries that feel lonely, songs that remind of different settings; I’d like to make an album that colours up everyone’s lives.”

Nice! I cant wait to see how this will turn out.

I think that the only song of Yuki that's not in 4 parts is dream scape :XD:

^dreamscape and yuki's songs with see-saw, perhaps? :D

cd_img004kokia.jpg

The ending theme for Space Battle Ship 2199!
1,200yen
On sale March 27, 2013

4 songs: Should be Kioku no Hikari plus another one song :sohappy: , then their karaokes. Jacket art not available yet! Hope it’s not going to be something anime-ish. :knife:

preorder are available in cd japan & yesasia and maybe later in other site as well

^ I wonder if it will be something like dragon nest previous song D:

KOKIA: *pops out of the tree* " :psst: Hey the angel of your dreams is here, but wears a pink dress instead of a white one :innocent: :psst: "

:dote: :dote:

Back