KOKIA

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjZIcmIhLsE[/youtube]

I love this song by KOKIA 3:55 just so awesome:)

^:confu: what's the meaning of arumeria~?
almeria? :confu:

i dunno what KOKIA does recently and what her new songs are (gomenne KOKIA ._.), but it will be great if she'll create upbeat song~
like Tatta Hitotsu? aaaaw~ :shy:

valeriana runa said:
—— It seems you’ve already decided on the cover art.

“I went to the southern islands for a photoshoot. At the time of ‘REAL WORLD’ (2010), I went to the Sahara desert; this time, I went to the island of Bali. In contrast to the Sahara, it was very humid, and the people I saw there were quiet. I want the album to feel like the big-hearted openness of the relaxed atmosphere of the southern islands. So, I want it to be an album without songs that are pointed or are too clearly divided into four parts like a story. It’s a challenge: maybe this is a meager change compared to my other albums, and people might think it’s bland. But it’s the album I want to make. The concept for the album is ‘Color of Life’. It will have songs with pretty sceneries, sceneries that feel lonely, songs that remind of different settings; I’d like to make an album that colours up everyone’s lives.”
color of life? pretty sceneries? :shy: :shy:
and Bali? aaaaw~ :shy: :shy: :shy:

aaaand anyway i have a question...
how many music video does KOKIA have? :confu:
all i know is Tenshi, So Much Love For You, Tomoni, Dandelion (with that simple instrument), Kawaranai Koto, Power of Smile, Time to Say Goodbye, Say Hi!~

and (again), i found this nice website about KOKIA's translation songs, it is nice for people who can't really understand Japanese like me :XD:
http://www.faceorama.com/bluelight/kokia/kokia.html

arumeria (or armeria in english) is a name of flower that mentioned in kokia song lyric in her song: "hana"

I think the song maybe will be something like the previous dragon nest songs: day break & road to glory...but I dont know :XD:

yes color of life (where my love goes) :shy:

kokia video collections from her "jewel" album are 10 songs in total:
1. かわらないこと〜since1976〜
2. The Power of Smile
3. Remember the kiss(duet"KOKIA&Piano")
4. so much love for you
5. 夢がチカラ
6. dandelion
7. time to say goodbye(duet"KOKIA&PIANO")
8. 愛のメロディー(original ver.)
9. The Power of Smile(2003.9.8 渋谷クラブクアトロ)
10. Remember the kiss(2003.12.7 東京国際フォーラム)

and as well as the one from her latest album: "moment"
the limited edition of "moment" album which is:
moment with THE SECRET OF A moment 〜「moment」の作り方〜
have the song video for songs in that album, for example: otona no ookami :D

hope this information helps :bow:

yes~ that's one of an useful website to understand more about kokia song lyrics...~
and most of her song lyric are beautiful and meaningful :dote: :love:

I know this is OOT, but did anyone know which Kokia song(s) did Nozaki play the drum for?

^ gomen, i dunno .__. that's not OOT anyway XD

@runa-san:
thaaaanks for the info!! :sohappy: :shy: :chuu: once i have free time (??), i'll search the other pv soon! >w<
yuppp, her songs are so meaningful and :dote: :shy: ~

whoooaaa thanks a lot agaiiin, Runa-san!! :chuu: :chuu:
muahhahah, treasure, treasure~~ :shy: :shy: :shy:

and it takes me to another question.
Kawaranai Koto has 2 mv, deshou? cloning-Kokia ones and only-one KOKIA with a child and an old man.. Why is that? :confu:

please bear with my low-knowledged of her... :bow:

It's another lovely piece from Kokia! According to Kokia fantumblrpage, it's released on February 20~

On the side note, Now I know in which Kokia album did Nozaki play the drum for. And apparently he played the drum for Kokia's newest album as well~

^yea I just read bout that ^_^
I wonder if her new album will be somewhat jazzy..
coz I remember I did read about that.. D:

^
I don;t know about that, but I'm excited for Kokia's new album as well. And even better 'cause I know Nozaki plays the drum for some of the songs.

for all of KOKIA fans.
Let us keep supporting KOKIA!

I cried when I read her post this morning. Something bad happen few days ago.
Someone who is really important for her..someone who have been by her side for more than 10 years...as her work partner...her life partner..her love passed away. This year is her 15th anniversary, but due to her current condition,
she might not be able to sing for a while, because every time she listened to her own songs, she still feel that he is still alive and it makes her sad and can't continue to sing at the moment.

I only be able hoping and wishing her to be strong to face this.
ganbatte KOKIA! :cry:

^ Oh that sounds really sad (was she married?) from the experience I have from relatives that have died, the people that are deared to them need about 6 months or one year to surpass the death shock. I feel sorry for her :(

Re:

valeriana runa said:
for all of KOKIA fans.
Let us keep supporting KOKIA!

I cried when I read her post this morning. Something bad happen few days ago.
Someone who is really important for her..someone who have been by her side for more than 10 years...as her work partner...her life partner..her love passed away. This year is her 15th anniversary, but due to her current condition,
she might not be able to sing for a while, because every time she listened to her own songs, she still feel that he is still alive and it makes her sad and can't continue to sing at the moment.

I only be able hoping and wishing her to be strong to face this.
ganbatte KOKIA! :cry:

dunno...
maybe one of her dog again? :blood:

@george : she mentioned he is her work and life partner. Well, he is the one that strive together with KOKIA before they established anco&co together, it has been around more than 10 years together as working partner and I guess, they proceed to further step as life partner as well. It is not mentioned whether she is married already to him or not, but it doesn't matter,
since yes or no, that person is still someone that really dear to KOKIA and losing him is something that give big impact to KOKIA herself.

@tsuba: NO, tsuba. It is NOT her dog!

blog translation by mizumi chan

2013.03.08 KOKIA’S BLOG
Below is the translation of KOKIA’s blog entry on March 8, 2013. It deals with the passing away of her partner for ten years after sickness.

It’s quite a long entry, so I’ll put it behind a ‘read more’. In summary, KOKIA’s very grateful to everyone who’s sent her kind words, and to people listening to her songs. She considers her album ‘where to go my love’ a last gift from her partner. The 15th anniversary concert will take place, though she doesn’t yet know how exactly. She now needs to find a new way of living, but she won’t give up on singing. In fact, she hopes her memories and happy times will live on in her songs.

Below is the translation of the actual entry.

Spring 2013, from KOKIA

Hello, it’s KOKIA.

Little by little, you can feel spring coming. Everyone, how are you doing?

I spent this winter looking forward with whole my heart to the arrival of spring.

I’ve been silent for a while, and I’ve made many people worry.

I’m sorry. And thanks to all of you who sent me kind words.

I felt it was too soon to start writing the words; I couldn’t sort out my heart. However, with the album release and the 15th anniversary concert I have many things going on, so I couldn’t be silent forever. I’ve thought all along about what I should tell.

In truth, I just want to keep the thoughts about what’s important in my heart.

But this time, I write this as I want to tell my perfectly true story, as something unexpected has happened that I wasn’t prepared to talk about in length.

February 7. My partner who’s looked after me for ten years passed away after sickness.

I worked with him since before my independence seven years ago, and after my independency we shared joy and sadness together in a unity, and we walked forward towards our shared dreams.

Ever since we’ve met, he’s been a very important person who’s done everything possible to make sure my dreams come true.

After becoming independent as KOKIA the singer, I stood on center stage, and he supported me throughout. It was like coming to be with someone for the first time.

As I was working on the album last October, a tumor was discovered in his head, and at that point the doctors gave him the relentless life expectancy of one, maybe two more months.

At the same time he fought his sickness heroically, I had to work on my album, and we continued on, making it his life goal to see it finished. He wrestled with this in mind to keep going, but on a day his health was bad, it was even harder. I wanted to stop working on the album because of this, and I asked the record company about this.

In those days, I didn’t let anyone know about his sickness while I was supporting him in his medical treatment, and my activities as KOKIA continued. It was a very difficult time for me, but taking a break from my work to support his treatment made me sadder than anyone. He completely understood this, so I didn’t go through with my choice of putting my activities on hold.

In truth, the album was surely made to come out at the turning point of my 15 years since my debut. Everything was prepared for the concerts this spring.

I’ve thought about different things, about being a musician throughout these fifteen years, but I couldn’t help but spontaneously continue into asking God why, why did we have to go through such an ordeal at a time like this? The days continued and I lost the words. I kept thinking that if I find these answers, there wouldn’t come a time where I stopped walking and continuing to live my life afterwards. Surely, I seem to have spent a lot of time on that.

When I think back, he’s had four months from the moment his sickness was discovered until he passed away. He came with me to the studio in between treatments, and he was set on his goal to be a part of the creation of the KOKIA album as a director until the end. He surprised me with the strength of his will and his toughness, and he continued to be brave for me. Even now, his proud shape burns behind my eyes.

He’s done too much, but all songs for the album are recorded, and now that he’s done what he had to do as a director, he’s gone away to the kingdom of heaven.

If I think about it now, this album might be his last gift to me.

The last months as I worked on finishing recording I’ve spent reflecting on the time we’ve spent together.

This album, ‘Where to go my love?’, was made during a very difficult time for me, both mentally and physically. I feel it sums up very lovely memories and times while simultaneously, it makes me remember so many happy things. I can’t yet listen to the album when I’m alone.

It’s because in my songs, I feel the pain in worrying as he was alive.

At the same time, it’s because it strongly reminds me he isn’t here anymore.

However, my songs will of course be close to the thoughts and lives of the people listening to them, like I’ve said before. They’ll inspire new life, they’ll live, and they’ll remain. That’s why I hope from my heart that the thoughts I put into the songs as I made them and the sounds he and I have created will enter everyone’s thoughts once they listen to the album.

We were really looking forward together to the KOKIA 15th anniversary performances this spring.

We talked about many dreams, and he for sure believed he would be there without a doubt.

It became his life work to continue supporting me in my singing, and I feel we were like life partners to each other. When we quietly faced my 15th anniversary spring concerts, we promised that we’d rely on each other again with this as a turning point and that I’d keep on living like this.

He was a great person who kept supporting me, but now he’s something that’s in front of me like songs, like sounds, something that slips through and I can’t hold onto. I still can’t believe it yet.

I’ve sung many love songs.

For myself, for someone, for people I love.

I believed that continuing to sing meant not giving up on love.

But now, I’m completely powerless.

I’ve looked forward to the 15th anniversary concerts for some years.

The performances have become something completely different from what I imagined.

I haven’t even considered what it’ll become now. I don’t even know if I can sing on stage; I don’t know my feelings. I don’t know what God’s reason is, but I’ve been thinking I’ve prepared this 15th anniversary performance, and I have my heart set on performing.

I don’t know yet, but perhaps after this, I might take a short break.

Today, many things happened that I can’t all write out here.

For now, many nice things as well as many sad things went right through me.

It’s difficult to tell everything to all of you, so I intend to leave these thoughts in my songs forever.

That won’t ever change for sure.

Yesterday marked a month since his passing. The weather was really lovely, and Tokyo’s weather was nice and warm.

I spent all of winter praying he’d be there to welcome this spring with me.

A little time may have passed, and everyone has been so kind to me. I now want to find the cue to move forward. I’ll have to discover a new way of life.

That probably won’t be so simple, but I can’t go on as I’ve done until now either.

Perhaps I’ll go over to visit everyone who’s been supporting me and whom I’ve worried.

I haven’t yet considered what might happen from now on. Going on with life is going to be difficult, but if there’s one thing I won’t do, it’s giving up on singing.

Though time goes by, I’ll sing, I’ll live, I’ll love. I believe that I still have it in me to do these things.

To everyone who listens to my songs, I’m grateful from my heart. Thank you truly very much.

2013.3.8. KOKIA

:touched: :cry: :touched: :cry:

Back