Kalafina new song "heavenly blue"

Thanks for the links! Hmm still need a longer sample to say if I like the song or not because I don't really like what I hear in that 16-secs CM. The melody lines seem 'hanging' to me and I don't really like Wakana's singing style here. I can't say what's the song really about because 16 seconds couldn't really say anything but there's 'frailty' in Wakana's voice that doesn't match the atmosphere of the song, as far as the arrangements go. But maybe I'll like the song as whole. tldr : it feels like to the beginning all over again for me.

^ Maybe Kajiura could make it darker than that considering the situation which seems war-like from the trailers and all the images we've seen so far. The first few vocal notes are indeed similar to to the beginning, and also the style of the song. Hoping for a drum bridge instead of violin / guitar, its time for something new :)

Even if it's 16 seconds, I already like it better than to the beginning (and I actually freakin' loved to the beginning). If Sato can do the drums right, it would be a blast live.

I started following Kalafina from to the beginning, and this will make me love Kalafina even more (feels like I'm riding the feels train lol).

I can't stop repeating the video, ugh. Need more lines...

Thanks for the link elcazador!

I don't really know if I like what I hear here but, of course, this is not enough to make up my opinion yet.

Yes, I actually loved ttb as well, especially after the consolation live version of it, it was just so good there, Wakana was excellent, since it is a hard song to sing live, I think. But I will like this song no matter what direction it takes, unless she does something really strange. Though Utsukushisa was a bit strange and I love that song. heh

I really liked it! (Because it's kinda different, I guess) But I still need to listen to the complete version. I can't wait :plz:

I like it...but I don't know if it's because of the name, subconsciously it sounds like a TTB x eternal blue offspring :XD:

^But there could be a really cool Yuriko part like in obbligato, or she could even be in the background. Hoping for awesome violin solo!

Thanks! Hm, I think I like it, but not love it. I'll still probably listen to it a lot though because it sounds catchy :XD:

EDIT: actually...after multiple listens, I think I really enjoy the strings :shy:

Yes, I think it is a bit repetitive with the melody, like ttb was, but this is just the refrain. So I will wait until I hear the tv size to make a better judgment. I do love Wakana's voice though and the background vocals. (I hear mainly Keiko unless Hikaru's using her dark voice)

I'm waiting until I've started watching the show before making up my mind on this one...sometimes I appreciate the song more if it's 'in context' with the production it was written for. I'm really looking forward to Aldnoah.Zero now!

Thanks grunty, i think i like the song better .ow that hear the whole refrain, i cant wait for the anime to start, this BGM was alot better too than the one used in the first PVs.

I also like to listen to songs with the context of the anime! So Aldnoah Zero, I'm coming to watch ya XD As for the previews, Im getting a TTB / Eternal Blue vibe out of it. I'll wait for the whole track to make a verdict :)

Hmm. Not in love yet. Will wait for at least the TV size but I'm still leaning towards no. The lyrics might save the song for me. So far, I don't think I will dislike it more than TTB's lyrics.

By the way, Aldnoah Zero is likely to be 24 episodes long, according to a Korean TV station that broadcasts anime.
It also makes me wonder if Kajiura was considered to compose for Aldonoah Zero but couldn't due to her obligation to a certain other 2-cour anime airing in the same period. Kajiura doing sci-fi? Would have been fun to see her tackle the genre.

I suppose I'll post impressions of heavenly blue from the gin no niwa live here.
The start is aggressive and reminiscent of Consolation. There's a refreshing major chord from the B melody and the chorus has shisso-kan (TN note: think the feeling of speed/running found in sprinter, misterioso. Well, listen to the PV and you'll know).
Feels just like an anime OP! Hikaru's way of singing the A melody was just like in Consolation.
Hmm. Interesting. That's the second mention.

The song is rather intense/aggressive but there was a lot of Kajiura-go which sounded great.
The intro starts with Kajiura-go. Hikaru takes the A melody, Keiko takes the B melody, Wakana takes the chorus. All three of them were always singing together, up to the chorus which sounded amazing. The last part of the chorus is really cool so I hope it makes it into the OP of the anime.
The impression I got listening to heavenly blue was that it's TTB-ish.
Heavenly blue is a fairly uptempo song, which is something you don't hear much from Kalafina's recent output. It felt like a song that could be played at a club or something.
It's in the same line as TTB. Dark with a speedy feel. I look forward to listening to the CD

Okay. That's all I can find. These are taken from Japanese blogs by the way.

Starts with Kajiura-go, just like TTB, chorus sounds like TTB... overall feel is like TTB. The remarks about consolation make me hopeful though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm heavenly blue sounds like to the beginning + consolation makes me doubt if I'll like the song even more. Those songs (plus Manten and Mirai) are all on my bottom list in consolation album. Blending them into one song may turn out for good or for worse. Well, I'll just wait and hear.

^Yeah, I was actually getting a more mirai vibe from it than ttb, I just thought it was repetitive like ttb. But the chorus could be completely different, since she's done that in songs before.

^Wow, thank you so much!

Hmm, I don't think I like the beginning that much, it's too much like signal. But then Hikaru's part get better towards when Wakana starts singing. I think I will like the full version. I like how it rises in melody.

Back