Kalafina in ANIMAX MUSIX FALL 2011

^ I do love Wakana's "Toki wo koete", and how her eyebrows raised for that part. :XD:
I heard 'ItoKubo' Keiko when I replayed, but I guess I prefer her deeper voice.
I'm not good at telling that kind of thing. :uh..: Do you mean the 'ah' part, or just in general? If you just mean that part, then I think so, unless Wakana and Hikaru sound the same when Hikaru is in falsetto. I played both her part and Wakana's from the beginning side-by-side.

To be honest, Sorairo Days sounds basically like a trainwreck to me. Keiko's higher voice is all right, but she sounds like she's struggling to keep it up, and Wakana and Hikaru give me the same impression. It's a completely different song than what they usually sing, and that shows...plus, Nakagawa Shoko's voice doesn't seem particularly strong, so all four of them sound like they're overwhelmed by the melody and the pace of the song. :uh..:

I didn't watch Magia because the video's loading very slowly, and I'm a little tired of listening to Magia anyway. :imdead:

I'm disturbed by Hikaru in Magi, maybe she's not feeling well?

Yay videos :sohappy:

^ @murrue: :omg: why does Hikaru disturb you??

@Spirica: I also loved Wakana's toki wo koete :shy: and does Hikaru lip-sync for all their oblivious lives? Or does she actually sound like Wakana in falsetto? Or...do they both lip-sync?

Overall I think Magia was pretty good - sure it wasn't amazingly perfect but neither was it earsplittingly horrendous.

As for Sorairo...it is definitely not Kalafina's style but I think they coped well considering it sounds like a song that isn't suited to any of their voices and isn't anything like their usual style. Like, at least they managed to sing in tune and get all the notes out.

Keiko's part was okay but her deeper voice is definitely more impressive for me...I couldn't really hear Hikaru that much, but for some reason I think she wasn't singing with as much energy as the song required...and finally Wakana's voice is obviously much more suited to a) songs that aren't so boisterously happy and b) slower-paced songs, or at least songs similar to Parallel Hearts/Toki no where the beat may be energetic but the singing itself isn't as fast-paced.

But they all sang in tune, or at least enough in tune to make it acceptable even if I don't particularly like this choice of song....

Hmmm...other comments:
Their choreography was amusing as usual. :ohoho: Highlight for me was at around 3:08/3:09 when Hikaru reaches for the heavens in a burst of fierce emotion :XD:
Also loved the epic walk down the stairs :ayashii:
And Wakana's hair is getting longer...me likes...very much... :dote: :shy:

Re: Re:

Spirica Rose said:

It wasn't posted here yet, just in the request thread. :D

Wakana's part was a little iffy in Magia, I agree. I wasn't fond of the Sorairo Days clip either.
Hikaru was really into Magia. It might just be me, but she was sweating a lot, and I think that made some of her makeup run.

It's already been posted in a different thread, but just for convenience, here is the Studio Live:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjS7xvh91Jo&feature=related[/youtube]

Really enjoyed that performance of Oblivious. Also, that was some nice lighting for them during each of the songs. Very flattering for all three of them.

Re:

Cerise said:
:omg: why does Hikaru disturb you??

I think she doesn't hit some notes right, I also thought there's something wrong with her voice that I can't find the words to describe..Anyway, I find her face adorable at the performance.

Re: Re:

^oh...well, now that i think back on it, I suppose she sounded thinner than usual...

I liked the close-up shot of Hikaru's lips, though :psst: (can't remember when in the video but it was there during Magia :plot:)

Both Hikaru and Wakana are getting lovelier every time we see them, I think. And vampire Keiko of course remains as stunning and youthful as she always has been. :ohoho:

nataku00 said:
Really enjoyed that performance of Oblivious. Also, that was some nice lighting for them during each of the songs. Very flattering for all three of them.

I agree they all looked fantastic...such smooth skin :ohoho:

I loved the studio version of Magia but anyone who's ripping the audio versions like mp3?

If I'd known that the Magia/Oblivious performance was two feet from the live band, I would've had more to say back when it first came out. :innocent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0zWnAZ2 ... re=related

^can anyone please tell me what they're saying? :bow:

especially Hikaru at 5:30...I just managed to catch the word 'tension' and I think her miming out throwing away her mic and then quickly grabbing it back oat 'full speed'? :ohoho:

and what Wakana at around 8:55 (it sounds like something horrifying, judging by may'ns reaction... :XD: and Keiko protecting her or something? "mamotte kureru") :ayashii:

^ At Wakana's portion that you'd mentioned, the character "虫" (meaning insect/bug) can be seen at the upper left...
Go figure. :plot:

Re:

AYYX said:
^ At Wakana's portion that you'd mentioned, the character "虫" (meaning insect/bug) can be seen at the upper left...
Go figure. :plot:

...Don't tell me they were talking about the spider incident? :ayashii: were they?

Re:

Spirica Rose said:
^ I do love Wakana's "Toki wo koete", and how her eyebrows raised for that part. :XD:
I heard 'ItoKubo' Keiko when I replayed, but I guess I prefer her deeper voice.
I'm not good at telling that kind of thing. :uh..: Do you mean the 'ah' part, or just in general? If you just mean that part, then I think so, unless Wakana and Hikaru sound the same when Hikaru is in falsetto. I played both her part and Wakana's from the beginning side-by-side.
I just mean the falsetto part. Because we haven't clearly heard Hikaru's falsetto before...(and SME also did the same in Red Moon live DVD.., but that time it's Yuriko's voice... :uh..: )

I agree with Murrue that Hikaru's voice in Magia (Animax Musix Live, not studio one) is somewhat annoying. Basically I don't enjoy this Magia live at all. Wakana's part somewhat too loud. Keiko doesn't deliver the bridge smoothly too. Best Magia live is in LisAni 2010 for me, but the audio mix there was really bad, and I can't hear the violin there, but the girls sing great there. Even Keiko's birdge is better there than the recording version.

Agree with ninetales that Sorairo days is trainwreck.

In Studio Musix version, Magia is fine. Keiko's bridge there's awesome. The problem is oblivious. The 'aaaaaaa' and kajiuran part sounds like recording to me. Wakana's voice there is somewhat like she's going to hiccup or something. Especially in last chorus...

Re:

Cerise said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0zWnAZ2pUM&feature=related

^can anyone please tell me what they're saying? :bow:

especially Hikaru at 5:30...I just managed to catch the word 'tension' and I think her miming out throwing away her mic and then quickly grabbing it back oat 'full speed'? :ohoho:
They were discussing whether there was any "happening" (incident or accident of sorts) when Kalafina were performing overseas. The bit about the mic was about Hikaru having gotten really pumped up during an uptempo number once in one of their Asian lives, and she did a downward sweeping hand motion. She wasn't holding the mic tightly enough so it ended up slipping from her hand and it fell onto the floor. She quickly picked it up just in time before they started singing the following song. The other two were teasing her about how cool she looked when she did it, even though it was an accident at first lol.

Cerise said:
and what Wakana at around 8:55 (it sounds like something horrifying, judging by may'ns reaction... :XD: and Keiko protecting her or something? "mamotte kureru") :ayashii:
Wakana was talking about a "cicada bomb". She explained it as a "phenomenon" where for instance, you see a cicada on the road, thinking it's dead and upon walking past it, it suddenly explodes into life and starts buzzing around violently. She said that it has happened to her in places such as in front of her house and there has been once where she had to deal with the cicada for 30 minutes. Keiko said she's always protecting Wakana and Hikaru from bugs, driving the bugs away and preventing them from getting near the other two. May'n complimented Keiko for being manly (in the chivalrous way) for doing that for Wakana and Hikaru, even though Keiko looks like a (delicate) doll upon first impression.

EDIT: Yeah, corrected and rewrote my post. I shouldn't have typed it from memory given that my memory is worse than a goldfish's (though I had to and needed to close the Youtube window due to my boss walking past my desk during work whoops lol). The post is now more closely related to what was discussed in the episode after a rewatch. ^^

Omg thank you Keiri~! Thank you thank you :bow:

hahaha :XD: oh Hikaru...one day she'll get even more excited and throw her mic right into the audience

Poor Wakana, especially since she's scared of bugs (I hate cicadas, I won't even go near their shells so creepy urgh). I love how she calls it a 'cicada bomb' and 'phenomenon' :XD: She always exaggerates using such hilarious word choice e.g. the time she said a spider dealt '100 damage' to her

May'n complimented Keiko for being manly (in the chivalrous way) for doing that for Wakana and Hikaru, even though Keiko looks like a (delicate) doll upon first impression.

Ohoho, manly Keiko...Well of course it is Keiko's duty to protect her waifus :psst: :plot:
all she needs now is abs and bishie sparkles

Re:

You're welcome. :V:

Cerise said:
I love how she calls it a 'cicada bomb' and 'phenomenon' :XD: She always exaggerates using such hilarious word choice e.g. the time she said a spider dealt '100 damage' to her
Ah, sorry. That was bad explanation on my part. Wakana did say "cicada bomb" but she didn't say "phenomenon". I just used that word as a noun to explain what Wakana was talking about. Also, Wakana didn't make up the "cicada bomb" word ;). "Semi Bakudan"/"Cicada Bomb" is a term that is quite commonly used by the Japanese to describe that kind of "phenomenon" or "activity" of cicadas running amok shortly before they reach the end of their lifespan. :)

Cerise said:
Ohoho, manly Keiko...Well of course it is Keiko's duty to protect her waifus :psst: :plot:
all she needs now is abs and bishie sparkles
Hehe I love how Keiko twists people's impressions of her like this. Looking at her without any knowledge of her personality, you'd think she's very ladylike and fragile while Wakana appears to be the tougher and more reliable-looking one for example. What a delightful surprise it was when I first found out Keiko is the most adorably tomboy of the three. Hmm... Abs, huh? She prolly has nice ones by now. And give her a handsome ladies tuxedo suit and she may just sweep girls off their feet. :plot:

Hehe I love how Keiko twists people's impressions of her like this. Looking at her without any knowledge of her personality, you'd think she's very ladylike and fragile while Wakana appears to be the tougher and more reliable-looking one for example. What a delightful surprise it was when I first found out Keiko is the most adorably tomboy of the three. Hmm... Abs, huh? She prolly has nice ones by now. And give her a handsome ladies tuxedo suit and she may just sweep girls off their feet.
I agree with youuuu *_______*

Back