Kalafina in ANIMAX MUSIX FALL 2011

yanlai-yanlai-yanlai :glower:

Nowhere rock version!! It was rearranged from YK LIVE vol.3? XD
Wakana can't sing it, that's a fact and hurts me, but it's the truth. Keiko, OK. And Hikaru, well, I liked at the end. Minute 3:43 Hikaru moment "I'm tired".

Huh, the chanting sounds like "yalahi" now :confu:

Oh dear. Nowhere is not a good song for Kala. The fast melody line ruins the whole thing...Hikaru sounds too sharp, and Keiko and Wakana both sound like they're pushing themselves to get the notes out. I could list all the other things I don't like about it, but what would be the point? Suffice it to say that it was the completely wrong song. :imdead:

Hikaru was great, but Wakana and Keiko were pretty bad. Overall, Animax 2011 sucked compared to 2010. I still hate everyone that voted for Nowhere and the Gurren Lagan OP.

As far as their lives go, this is passable. I'd give it a C, or a very generous B- . This nowhere is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from perfect by any means, but it's not an utter, complete fail like some of their other lives.

Criticisms for the three of them:

Keiko's verses and kajiurago. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not a fan of Keiko singing fast parts. With her vocal range, the words come out sounding slurred, rushed, infantile, or combinations of the three. With that said, I'm kinda meh about her vocal performance in general.

Hikaru is the most polished out of the three of them here. She does the verses pretty well, but one -big- sticking point is in the bridge when she sings harmony. By itself, it's just off... Although Hikaru is barely audible here compared to Wakana, her harmony is noticeable enough to add to the overall fail of it.

Wakana has obvious issues concerning maintaining proper breathing control while hitting high notes, pop music style. This remains a painfully recurring problem for her, which is a real shame cause I love the character of her voice. Her delivery of the English parts that we could barely hear in the other nowhere lives is a plus, though. As for the bridge, it is most likely the weakest part of the song. Her straining and Hikaru's harmony bring it down, unfortunately. BUT it could have sounded worse...

Is it just me or could the "endless" number of lives and tours they've been doing possibly affect their singing quality? It seems Kalafina has sung live after live after live and that must wear them out at some point. I thought at first it was the recording equipment but it's too obvious that the quality of their lives are lacking.

why are they jumping and moving a lot like that :uh..:

They should stop moving adn focus on their singing :XD:

I like it :spotlight: They all look so beautiful! Plus the enthusiasm is nice.

Re:

Tsiih said:
Is it just me or could the "endless" number of lives and tours they've been doing possibly affect their singing quality? It seems Kalafina has sung live after live after live and that must wear them out at some point. I thought at first it was the recording equipment but it's too obvious that the quality of their lives are lacking.

Personally I'm thinking that it's either that, or just the fact that they've been doing lives that simply don't get as much editing. (Lisani, Animax, etc.) Kalafina songs are difficult to sing, whether it's the harmony or the main vocal line, so their constant performances might be wearing on their voices.

Then again, the Symphonia performance was well-edited but Wakana still seemed to struggle, if her breathing and actions are any indication. Something tells me that at the very least, she's struggling more lately than she did in the past. Keiko did mention something about having both a cold and a bout of the flu (hopefully not at the same time) in one of the recent blogs, so the three of them might've been sick a lot lately. It might sound like a silly excuse, but a relative of mine who's already retired still gets a cold nearly every month. With Kala doing all sorts of events and using their voices a lot, they could still be susceptible to a lot of winter illness even if they take precautions.

I still think that Kala's voices show power and talent in their recordings, unlike a lot of other singers who sound close to off-key - and this is in studio-edited recordings, no less - so it's hard for me to believe that all three members have a complete lack of ability and are somehow Studio Magic'd and autotuned into singing well. While I don't think they sing perfectly live, I do think that aspects such as the difficulty of the songs, the volume of the live band (if they're singing without monitors or if they're very close to the band like in the Studio Musix live), how much they're jumping around, and whether or not they've performed five or six times just beforehand, have an effect on their performances.

Sorry for the speech :imdead:

^@george1234 If you breathe by mouth instead of nose (which is what I've been told to do when I was in a choir band), the answer may be yes. Nose has the system (that is the mucus) to kill and filter germs coming with your breath while mouth have only Tonsil glands which is less efficient in killing germs and unable to filter anything. I think they need to lean on mouth more for the fast song because it bring you larger amount of air&also faster&quieter. So..singing in that way give you more chance to get the germ into your body, but it should be fine if you're heathy enough.

Re:

Kowz said:
Hikaru was great, but Wakana and Keiko were pretty bad. Overall, Animax 2011 sucked compared to 2010. I still hate everyone that voted for Nowhere and the Gurren Lagan OP.

None of them doing great this year, LOL. I think that maybe because they just come back from Singapore for the AFA 2011 and just 2 days after that (if I remember correctly) they performed in Animax Musix. Maybe they just already worn-out when they perform in Animax Musix. I can see the eye-bag under their eye, especially Keiko.

Anyway, for nowhere, I just hate it. Hikaru's voice come back to her usual annoying high pitched voice, Wakana being nowadays Wakana, and Keiko, maybe because my biased opinion on her :ohoho: I still love her. Unlike anonymousblabla who just posted some posts above me, I love Keiko's fast paced singing..

@ninetales: Agreed. D: I hope they'll be allowed a break from lives to rest well.

Nowhere by Kalafina = FAIL
I didn't like it. The song was not for them to sing.

no violin solo?
one of few songs, i wish, should be <insert vocalist>-centric

Re:

murrue02 said:
Nowhere by Kalafina = FAIL
I didn't like it. The song was not for them to sing.
I thought it was OKAY... but yeah... I can see this isn't their song. But, of all three of them, Hikaru suited this song best since her voice sounds closest to Yuuka.

Back