Kalafina in ANIMAX MUSIX FALL 2011

^ Yeah, I wouldn't mind them either. Just as long as someone performs it live...

So the collaboration should be out by now, I guess...? :confu:

^maybe this one :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zjsBxbZAKc

but the video doesn't include the first part where Kalafina sang the song, but it starts when Nakagawa Shoko enter the stage until the end.

I can't believe I say this, but I enjoy Hikaru's part much more than Nakagawa's part.

And when I hear Nakagawa Shoko sings the same lines like what Keiko sings in the first part, I have to say that I don't hate Keiko's part anymore,because Keiko sings it exact the same like the way Nakagawa Shoko (their voices on that part really sound exact same for me)

...Nakagawa doesn't know how to sing live. Then again, the cover is just so strange, their voices don't blend well in this song.

^That's so true. After all, Nakagawa Shoko is an idol. Her fans will always love her although her live performance was not really good.

And after I hear it again, I agree that their voice didn't blend well in this song. The song itself was not made for a group singing, after all. So it sounds strange when Kalafina sings it with harmonization.

:/

...felt 'meh' about the collab...I didn't really like the sound of the song anyway, apart from the song being unsuited to Kalafina...Hikaru sounded the best of the three, I think Wakana and Keiko aren't as well suited to this sort of energetic pop song...

Although they're unrelated, the more I think about it, the more I reckon maybe Kaori or Yuuka could have been the most suited out of the Kajiura vocalists besides Hikaru... :ayashii:

Re:

ritardando said:
Her fans will always love her although her live performance was not really good.

You say it like it's not really the same in Kalafinas case on this forum as well.

Oh yea, they played Magia in Part3 yesterday with a long ass intro that wasn't on youtubes from the show a month ago. At least that's as far as I've seen so far. :p

Re: Re:

grunty said:
ritardando said:
Her fans will always love her although her live performance was not really good.

You say it like it's not really the same in Kalafinas case on this forum as well.

Oh yea, they played Magia in Part3 yesterday with a long ass intro that wasn't on youtubes from the show a month ago. At least that's as far as I've seen so far. :p

What I said is that Nakagawa Shoko is an IDOL, and what I meant is her fans will always love her, no matter how she can't even sing properly in every live performance she's done(quoting KP-X post above me). In Kalafina's case, there's sometimes where they did bad in their live, but mostly they did it fine, so that's a whole different case. In Kalafina's case, they did awesome like year, but this year they did suck/average. I hate Magia in this live. Nowhere was decent, and only passable. On Sorairo days, I only said that I love Hikaru's part, and don't hate Keiko's part anymore because her part sounds the same like Nakagawa's part. I used to think that Keiko was singing off key in her part because I never hear Sorairo days before (and probably won't hear it anymore), and just hear it because in this live, Kalafina sang it and it peeked me out of my curiosity. I DID say that I have a biased opinion on Keiko, but I can criticize her performance well like what I did in Magia and Studio Musix's oblivious.

become a fanboy or a fangirl will never do any good to everybody after all. At least I'm not some Kajiura-and-her-girls obsessed person that dreamt of seeing her performance live, and even make a wish setlist for it while I know probably I'll never watch it. Just wish that sometime maybe I can see her live performance for one, and it is a normal wish, after all.

ritardando said:
^That's so true. After all, Nakagawa Shoko is an idol. Her fans will always love her although her live performance was not really good.

And after I hear it again, I agree that their voice didn't blend well in this song. The song itself was not made for a group singing, after all. So it sounds strange when Kalafina sings it with harmonization.

Agree, I felt that there were a bit of hesitation during 1:41 to 2:02 not to mention the whole cover was decent to begin with Imo. It is almost like they are uncertain on how the cover should be sung, meanwhile it does seems unfitting or rather strange overall. However, I prefer the Elisa X Kalafina more in comparison.

ritardando said:
In Kalafina's case, there's sometimes where they did bad in their live, but mostly they did it fine, so that's a whole different case.

Well IMHO it's celebration time when they do decent live. Outside of official DVD lives (and I think last years ANIMAX and both LisAni years) they pretty much sucked every time and excuses just roll in on the forum.

But back to watching. In Part 3 they showed:

1. Magia (with a 2 minute intro, waste of time)
2. Kagayaku sora no shijima ni wa (welcome fairytale theatrics)
3. Sorairo Days (with Shoko)

grunty said:
Well IMHO it's celebration time when they do decent live. Outside of official DVD lives (and I think last years ANIMAX and both LisAni years) they pretty much sucked every time and excuses just roll in on the forum.

But back to watching. In Part 3 they showed:

Well, I've pretty much given up high expectation on them when they aren't performing for any Major Concerts. For now, I'll just have to wait for my "After Eden Live" XD: and I have high hopes for FJ live vol,8 being on DVD/BR!! :plz:

IMO this performance was worst than nowhere's (I liked Kalafina's nowhere). And I detest the Pokémon Sunday/Smash hoster, so I'll send a horse head to the guy who decided this collab. Anyone knows who decided this kind of things? :B

grunty said:
In Part 3 they showed:
:waa:

Re: Re:

ritardando said:
At least I'm not some Kajiura-and-her-girls obsessed person that dreamt of seeing her performance live, and even make a wish setlist for it while I know probably I'll never watch it. Just wish that sometime maybe I can see her live performance for one, and it is a normal wish, after all.

I don't think that's particularly strange. People make up fantasy football teams, after all.

grunty said:

I'd add some of the bootlegged Japan lives on Youtube, plus what we can see of the L.A. and Singapore lives, to that list :innocent:

Anyway, what I find weird about the Sorairo Days collab is how terrible they all sound, compared how Nakagawa performed it with T.M. Revolution last year.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0iDtA-esk[/youtube]

I guess the editing's just better in that video or something... :confu:

^^the animax video sounds more "raw" than this one, so maybe you're right and the editing is better in this?

You guys are right, everyone sounded pretty much off, and Hikaru sounded alright, even better than Shoko, who is the original performer of this song (I'd never heard it either, and since there was a bit of hype surrounding it when it was first released I thought it would be fantastic, but it sounds really generic anime OP regardless)

I can't help but think that there's an issue with whoever adapted this song to be sung with the Kalafina girls because it sounds completely disjointed and you can barely hear Keiko and Wakana, while Hikaru and Shoko are basically singing in unison. Weird.

@grunty: Umm, let me see if I can find them......nope, they're gone. The person who uploaded them just got his account shut down, I think.

I believe they sang Hikari no Senritsu and Oblivious - it was one of the smaller performances, with no front band. Personally I thought the performances were pretty decent, but your mileage may vary :sparkleguy:

IMO this performance was worst than nowhere's (I liked Kalafina's nowhere). And I detest the Pokémon Sunday/Smash hoster, so I'll send a horse head to the guy who decided this collab. Anyone knows who decided this kind of things? :B

I think Sora Iro and Nowhere were fan selections.

Uggh..that collab was craptastic. :uh..: I can't blame Kalafina though...that song is lame to begin with. I wish they would collaborate with talent that matches their own..vocal wise anyway. Not to offend any Shoko fans...It would be nice if they did songs that match them better like Kiseki no Umi.

Back