Kalafina Best album

^Yeah, that's what I think too. Unless there's a clause in her contract before, it would be unfair for Maya to not be uncredited in this Best album when there's clearly her voice in a song (sprinter). We all know that in every Kalafina album/single booklet there's this "Kalafina is Wakana, Keiko, Hikaru" writing since Sony officially announced Maya's departure on 2009. The problem is that Maya is a part of main vocal in sprinter, so she couldn't be credited in chorus part. Or maybe they'll only list her as a part of extra vocal in credits for sprinter? But it would be really awkward, wouldn't it? I personally prefer a re-recording because it would safe them from awkwardness and any legal problems that could happen. Kalafina has been credited as Wakana, Keiko, Hikaru since 2009 and they almost never talked about Maya. It wasn't awkward in 2009 because Sony officially announced Maya's departure after the release of SH, so she technically was still a part of Kalafina until Seventh Heaven, so she's still credited there. Now in 2014 when they've solidified their image as 3-person group, it would be odd for new listener to hear a 4th person's voice in a song if she wasn't credited. But it would be awkward to read Kalafina is Wakana, Keiko, Hikaru, and Maya when we all know Kalafina is Wakana, Keiko, Hikaru only by now.

In my opinion they will include her in sprinter's lyrics page but not the general one at the end, this way there will be little chances of the fans noticing. And theres also the possibility where the japanese fans do know there was a 4th member back then but Sony hides it for contract reasons

@grunty : actually I'm not a big fan of Keiko in sprinter (although I'm an overall Keiko fan lulz). So far Keiko taking Maya's part in sprinter is hit/miss for me huehehe. But it would be really awkward to credit her in one song even though it's plausible, as George said. Still, I do wish for the new song in Red edition to be a Keiko-lead song :P The second part of ur post is more accurate actually, since I don't have any high hope on heavenly blue. :XD:

i think maya will still be credited in sprinter if they will include the original release unless they decide to record a new one when maya voice is not included.

after all maya is still a former kalafina member. im sure all die hard fans of kalafina knows maya existence .

:nophoto:

梶浦由記プロデュースによる、劇場版「空の境界」主題歌プロジェクトとしてスタートし、デビューシングル『oblivious』(2008年)で鮮烈のデビューを飾った3人組女性ヴォーカルユニット「Kalafina」(カラフィナ)。

リリースするアルバム作品すべてがオリコンウィークリーチャートTop 10以内にチャートインし、2013年9月にリリースした4thアルバム『Consolation』は、オリコンアルバムウィークリーチャート3位を記録。2009年よりLive活動を本格化させ、2013年には全国9都市15公演を行い、約20,000人の動員を記録。ボストン、L.A、上海、香港、マレーシアなど海外でもライブを行い、多くの支持を得ています。

そんなKalafinaが7月16日に初のベストアルバム『THE BEST “Red”』『THE BEST “Blue”』を2枚同時にリリース。「空の境界」はもちろん、「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」、「Fate/Zero」など大人気アニメ主題歌も多数収録され、Kalafinaがこれまで紡いできた世界を存分に味わえる2枚となっています。今回はKalafinaのWakanaさん、Keikoさん、Hikaruさんにインタビューを敢行。ベストアルバム発表への想いや、これからの活動についてお話を伺ってきました。

――今回初のベストアルバムが2枚同時に発表となりますが、今のタイミングでベストアルバムを出す事への想いを教えていただけますか?

Wakana:最初にお話を聞いた時はまだベストアルバムを出すのは早いんじゃないかと3人の中でも不安はありました。でも、これまで応援してくださっている方や、最近Kalafinaを知ってくださった方の為にも、たくさんのライブ活動や、4枚のアルバムを発表して走り続けてきたKalafinaの活動をまとめたいと思ったんですね。名刺代わりの2枚になって欲しいなと思っています。

Keiko:自分たちの活動や音楽の幅が、ライブ活動のおかげで広がっていったというのがあるので、この幅をどうやってKalafinaをあまり知らない方や、数曲しか聴いたことのない方に自己紹介すれば良いのかなと考えていたんですね。どの楽曲から聴けばいいか分からないという方もいらっしゃると思うので、こうしてまとめられた事がすごく嬉しいです。

Hikaru:ベストアルバムというと、もっと長く活動しているアーティストさんが出すイメージが私にはあったので、驚きはありました。でもKeikoが言っている様にまずはこれを聴いてくださいという2枚が出来た事が、出来上がってみて改めて嬉しく思っています。

――『Red』と『Blue』、それぞれ1枚で聴いても、通しで聴いてもKalafinaが歌ってきた曲達が物語の様に感じられました。選曲もかなり苦労したのではないですか?

Wakana:これまで70曲以上の曲を歌ってきたので、梶浦さんも選曲には悩まれたみたいなんですね。私たちも同じで、全ての曲それぞれに思い入れがあり、気持ちとしては全曲聴いて欲しいのですが、ベストなので、やはりシングルのタイアップ曲が中心になっています。ただそれ以外にもKalafinaの世界観を堪能して頂けるような選曲もあえて入れましたので、「こんな曲もやっているんだ!」と驚いていただけると嬉しいです。

Keiko:「Kalafinaってどんなジャンル?」って聴かれると、自分たちでも考えてしまうくらい色々な楽曲があって悩んでしまうんですね。そこで、1枚のアルバムを通じてKalafinaの世界観を体感して頂けるよう選曲しました。
ただどうしても1枚ではおさまりきれず2枚にわかれていますが、選曲のコンセプトは一緒で、時系列や楽曲の性質で分けるのではなく私たちの楽曲全体の幅や世界観の広さを色で表現した時に、「情熱的でエネルギーの象徴といえる」赤、「癒やしや人々を引きつける要素を持つ」青だと思ったので「Red」「Blue」と表現しました。

――毎回美しくて飾っておきたくなるアートワークが大好きなのですが、今回も赤と青のドレスを身にまとった写真が美しくて素敵ですね。

Wakana:これまでは主題歌を歌った作品のイメージに合ったアートワークにする事が多かったのですが、今回はKalafinaの女性らしさと強さを表現したいという想いから、ドレスを着させていただきました。

――こうして改めて見ると、本当に色々な作品の主題歌を務めていますが、個人的に思い入れのある作品を挙げるとするとどれですか?

Wakana:どれもすごく思い入れがあるのですが、強いて言うならばデビュー作となった「oblivious」です。

Keiko:「みんなのうた」で流していただいた「moonfesta〜ムーンフェスタ〜」は思い出深いですね。「みんなのうた」の映像を作る現場にお邪魔させていただいて、人形劇を作る過程を見学したのですが、歌詞を忠実に再現する為に一生懸命になっている皆さんを見て、すごく人のぬくもりを感じる現場だなと。「みんなのうた」は50年以上続く歴史ある音楽番組なので、長くやっていくという事はこういう事なんだなと強く思いましたね。

Hikaru:「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」はたくさんの方がこの作品に衝撃を受けて愛しているんだなと伝わってきた作品でした。ライブ時に毎回アンケートをお願いするのですが、「Magia」以降「魔法少女まどか☆マギカで初めて知ってライブに来ました」とアンケートに書いて下さった方が多かったので、本当にすごい人気なんだなと実感しました。

――主題歌を務める作品は事前に読んだり、観てイメージを固めて歌うこともあるのでしょうか?

Hikaru:コミックや小説など原作がある物は事前に読みますし、オリジナル作品の場合は梶浦さんに作品の内容やイメージを聞く事もあります。情報が無いまま歌って、アニメが完成してから映像と一緒に観て「こういう作品だったんだ!」と思う時もあります。「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」の時は絵コンテだけ見せていただいたので、あんなに可愛い絵なのにどうして「Magia」はこんなにダークな曲なのだろうと初めは驚きました。

――このベストアルバムの初回限定生産盤にはライブ映像特典も収録されていますが、Kalafinaと言えばライブがすごい! そんなファンの皆さんの声もよく聞きます。最近ではアジアなど海外でも活躍の幅を広げていらっしゃいますね。

Keiko:アジアのお客さんは、日本のアニメが大好きで、それが元で日本語も覚えましたという人が多く、皆さん一緒に歌って下さいます。ドイツの方は日本人と似ていてちょっとシャイであったりと、国それぞれでカラーがあるので、私たちもその国ごとの反応を楽しみにしていますね。でもやっぱりどの国でもアニメ作品は人気で、アニメの主題歌等の楽曲は、タイトルを言った瞬間大きな歓声があがりました。

Wakana:シンガポールでは「君が光に変えていく」という楽曲のイントロが流れた瞬間、ギャーッ!という歓声で、自分たちの声が聞こえないほどでした。

Hikaru:初めて行く国ではそういったダイレクトな反応が嬉しいですね。今年の5月に行かせて頂いた香港でも、Live最後にステージに残って挨拶をさせて頂いたのですが、その時にバックミュージックとしてかけていた「未来」を会場の皆さんが合唱してくださり感動しました。

Keiko:日本でもベストアルバムリリース後に、10月18日にグランキューブ大阪、11月1日に東京国際フォーラム ホールAで、来年は武道館でも2daysライブを行うので、お時間ある方是非遊びに来て頂ければと思います。

――私もステージを拝見する日を楽しみしています。今日はどうもありがとうございました。

プロフィール

Link:http://getnews.jp/archives/609925

Kalafina『THE BEST “Red” / “Blue”』 対象チェーン別W購入特典が決定!!
(アニメイト、ゲーマーズ、ソフマップ、とらのあな)

7月16日発売となる『THE BEST “Red” / “Blue”』対象チェーン別W購入特典が決定致しました!
対象チェーンにて『THE BEST “Red” / “Blue”』を一度のお会計で、同時購入頂きますと先着でW購入特典をプレゼント致します!
以下、内容と購入方法をご確認の上お求めください。また、先着特典となり、なくなり次第終了となりますのでお早めにご予約ください♪

【対象店舗/特典内容】
■アニメイト全店:Kalafina『THE BEST “Red” / “Blue”』スペシャル収納BOX
※『THE BEST “Red” / “Blue”』それぞれの初回生産限定盤(SECL-1530~1531、SECL-1532~1533)1枚ずつ計2枚を一度のお会計で同時購入頂いた方に、先着で差し上げております。

■ゲーマーズ全店:Kalafina 『THE BEST “Red” / “Blue”』オリジナル・ポスター(ゲーマーズ Ver.)
※『THE BEST “Red” / “Blue”』それぞれの初回生産限定盤(SECL-1530~1531、SECL-1532~1533)1枚ずつ計2枚を一度のお会計で同時購入頂いた方に、先着で差し上げております。

■ソフマップCD取り扱い店舗(ドットコム含む):Kalafina『THE BEST “Red” / “Blue”』オリジナル・マウスパッド(ソフマップ Ver.)
※『THE BEST “Red” / “Blue”』 それぞれの初回生産限定盤(SECL-1530~1531、SECL-1532~1533)1枚ずつ計2枚を一度のお会計で同時購入頂いた方に、先着で差し上げております。

■とらのあな全店(秋葉原店A/C除く):Kalafina 『THE BEST “Red” / “Blue”』オリジナル・A3ポスター(とらのあな Ver.)
※『THE BEST “Red” 』初回生産限定盤(SECL-1530~1531)通常盤(SECL-1534)いずれか1枚、『THE BEST “Blue” 』初回生産限定盤(SECL-1532~1533)通常盤(SECL-1535)いずれか1枚の計2枚を同時購入頂いた方のみ、先着で差し上げております。

【注意事項】
※全ての特典に数に限りがありますので、無くなり次第終了となります。予め御了承下さい。
※上記店舗・ECショップ以外での配布はございません。ご了承下さい。

【問い合わせ先】
恐れ入りますが、対象店舗各店へお願い致します。

Darn, those two boxes would look reaaally pretty on my shelf. [/musicnerd] :nosebleed:

The reasoning behind the song selections is a bit subjective for sure - we may all have slightly differing opinions on whether a tune is a 'red'- or a 'blue'-sounding one - but it's still pretty cool. Almost like synesthaesia or something!

It's just a shame the release date is *after* next weekend, because I'd probably pick up one of each.

According to http://kiasukid.blogspot.co.uk/

"All these tokutens are only available if a set of two of these albums are purchased from the same shop or same chain. It's a little complicated. Most of the stores require the purchase of either both the LE versions or both the RE versions except for Toranoana which I think requires the purchase of at least one of the LE version and one of the RE versions. If I read it correctly, you can't simply buy two copies of the same album, it has to be one Red and one Blue. This will most likely not affect most of us overseas fans since I think, if I read it correctly, most of them are only available if you purchase from the brick & mortar store in Japan. The only exception is Sofmap. Their tokuten is also available if you purchase both albums using their webshop. I could be wrong though because my Japanese isn't that great yet but it should be more or less correct. So if you're in Japan during the release, you may want to try and score one of these tokutens but make sure you ask first before actually purchasing the albums.

Animate

Kalafina+The+Best+Red+Blue+Animate+tokuten+special+case.jpg

This is the special slipcase that will keep both the Red and Blue albums.

Gamers

Kalafina+The+Best+Red+Blue+gamers+tokuten+Poster_2.png

Those who make the purchase from Gamers get this poster but they didn't say what size the poster is.

Sofmap

Kalafina+The+Best+Red+Blue+Softmap+tokuten+mousepad.png

Those who make their purchase from Sofmap get this mousepad.

Toranoana

Kalafina+The+Best+Red+Blue+Toranoana+tokuten+poster.png

Those who get their's from the Toranoana shops will get this A3 poster."

SMEJ are totally milking this XD I think I'll wait and see that the setlist for the DVD's are before making any purchase hehe

^What about cdjapan? Is it just a postcard? I really want another poster! The mousepad is pretty cool too, and I really want the box as well, but you have to pay for that separate I suppose right? *sigh*

Damn, that box is wonderful.

I'd love a poster too. Don't know where I'd put it though as I don't have that much wall space and I already have four large posters...

^I don't have much space either... but I would move some stuff. heh Just love their dresses this time, although still kind of bummed that there weren't new ones for heavenly blue and a new album. But they do need a break I guess. I only have the After Eden Kala poster and the FJ stone cold one that came with the cd. Both are on my door, might move them soon.

Due to slanted ceilings and a relative lack of storage space I don't have much space overall. My door already has a Consolation (heh, Door) and Red Moon promo poster on it and that's arguably my largest area.

Also got the After Eden tour one from CDJapan (the one with the symphonia dresses) and an After Eden promo poster that I'm gonna need to move somewhere soon as I need that wall space for another shelf...

The Best dresses are wonderful though, the girls look beautiful and I'd love a poster of them in those outfits.

I see noone's posted it so here's The Best bonus BDs tracklistings:

BLUE // LISANI! LIVE-4 (33m50s):
01. overture~misterioso
02. Kimi no gin no niwa
03. seventh heaven
04. sprinter
05. Ongaku
06. Alleluia

RED // Kalafina 5th Anniversary LIVE oblivious (32m13s):
01. overture~oblivious
02. ARIA
03. Manten
04. to the beginning
05. Hikarifuru
06. Mirai

I really don't understand why they can't release the complete CD tracklistings...

That Blue BD's tracklist. I'll buy it if only I have a BD player, lol. Red Edition tracks are lame (the only songs I like from there are Alleluia, oblivious, Hikarifuru, and ARIA. moonfesta is okay though.) and the BD's are even more. Thanks grunty for the tracklist!

I really don't care for their lives anymore. Still holding hope for new songs being decent but new lives... Eh.

I'd like to see the full Closed Premium Live from that progressive DVD though. ^^

thanks grunty for both releases!!

I bet they are trying to delay the fact that heavenly blue is in the Best album too so that people buy the single, or something XD

Well at least the Blue BD contains Alleluia that was never been released before, seventh heaven which only released in Type-Moon Fes, and misterioso that was only broadcasted from nicovideo live - those still could excite me. The Red BD, on the other hand is just meh. Gone is the hope to see their rarer songs live (Ashita no Keshiki, serenato, Kizuato, interlude 01). I was hoping for them to release the songs that aren't broadcasted on wowow although it's kinda impossible and the tracklist just proves it. I want to see the full closed premium live too but we've got some of it in audio by their 5th anniv live selection album, although visual treatment is still nice.

omgomgomg alleluia live. omgomgomg.

Sorry. lol. Hearing it live in person made me appreciate this song on a whole other level.

Back