Kalafina Best album

Lorde-Kowz

I have reached Yuki nirvana
Thanks to random from the chatbox~

According to a reputable poster on baidu, there’s going to be a Kalafina best album released on July 2nd.

I wonder if this means they won't release a new album this year.

They're already released a "compilation" album in terms of their 5th Anniversary LIVE CD. And they haven't got enough songs for a "best" album anyway.

If they want something "best", why not hold a live concert with all their "best" songs and release it as a BD? (though I can see how a "best" album would take ZILCH time or money to actually release)

But I can't blame Kalafina, I blame SMEJ. They just love milking everything that has to do with a popular artist/group.

Sigh, I was so looking forward to an album release this year.

Watch them include 1 new song. 1. :desksweat:
And I doubt the b-sides will be included...why couldn't we have an Xmas Live concert instead? :wai:

Staring in horror at the named thread in Baidu.

4版本发行预定

4 editions. 4 frigging editions.

Let's see. What are the odds that one has live concert videos, one has a photo booklet, one has an interview, one has x'mas live songs, so that if you want everything you have to buy all?!

They're already released a "compilation" album in terms of their 5th Anniversary LIVE CD. And they haven't got enough songs for a "best" album anyway.

If they want something "best", why not hold a live concert with all their "best" songs and release it as a BD? (though I can see how a "best" album would take ZILCH time or money to actually release)

But I can't blame Kalafina, I blame SMEJ. They just love milking everything that has to do with a popular artist/group.

Sigh, I was so looking forward to an album release this year.
just
Watch them include 1 new song. 1. :desksweat:
And I doubt the b-sides will be included...why couldn't we have an Xmas Live concert instead? :wai:

Completely agree with you all. I totally would rather buy a Christmas live concert DVD/album than their Kalafina Best. I definitely won't buy that one because I already have all Kalafina albums. And just like what aki said, I doubt they'll include any B-sides. And I won't likely buy their Kalafina Best live concert because I'm sure they'll include the same songs they've performed over and over again (oblivious, sprinter, Ongaku, red moon, Kyrie, fantasia, destination unknown, magnolia, Door, Hanataba, signal, consolation. Kimi no Gin maybe, but I doubt they'll include anything after Consolation).

To sum it up, rather than a Kalafina best album, I would rather get :
- Kalafina Christmas Live Concert DVD/album
- Kalafina B-sides collection album (It's not impossible to have this, FLOW has released their coupling (b-sides) special album before).
- Kalafina special instrumental album

Lol...I don't even know how to feel about this...

tumblr_lthxvdK6bh1qfu4tho1_500.gif

Reactions: aki
OK, what are we missing from existing Kalafina videos and concerts (unperformed songs, arrangements that have been performed but not released)?

The rumoured release date would preclude material from their June 2014 concert or August 2014 Otodama Sea Studio performance. Are there songs already recorded but not released (YK Live vol. #10, Christmas with strings)?

Anyway since this is still a rumor, I'm still hoping for this rumor to be fake/not true. If anything, I hope Kalafina will get their 5th album this year, or anything from what I've posted before.

missing videos (including those which we already got the audio version in Kalafina live selection) :
- Ashita no Keshiki
- serenato
- seventh heaven (we only got seventh heaven in Type Moon Fes)
- Gloria
- lirica
- utsukushisa
- Yane no Mukou ni

(to sum it up : Most B-sides of their singles).

There are some Christmas songs they've performed in their Christmas concert (Angels we have heard on high, In dulci Jubilo, O Christmas Tree, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas). Other than that, most of the songs performed are Kalafina-ballads. We only got sprinter acoustic in their 5th anniv live selection, Kimi ga Hikari, fairytale, seventh heaven, and snow falling from Alleluia single. But what makes their Christmas concerts worth is the arrangement. 2011 Concert is Premium Acoustic. 2012-2013 is Special with Strings (not to mention their gorgeous dresses in their Christmas lives).

I would prefer something like a strings album (like Ali Projects), an acoustic album, or a remix album.

Ahhh nooo, I want new, as in new album! *sigh* Although instrumentals of the songs that haven't been released yet would be nice too. I know FJ is getting a lot of love right now the concerts and Yuki hasn't had time to compose for Kala maybe with that and the other stuff she has going, but even if it's at the end of the year I wouldn't mind. Since there still has to be a couple more singles, and there might be a new one coming in June/July right? I hope so at least if this is true. (I love FJ don't get me wrong, but I love Kala more.)

I really did expect this, seeing as they already released 4 albums. It's usually after 4th album (or even 3rd) that a best album is released. And they also do have more than enough songs for a best album. Note how Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki, Miliyah Kato, Ai Otsuka, and many more Japanese artists have released best albums after releasing only three. And yeah, I really wish no one would ever release best albums, including Kalafina, but this has to happen eventually.

And I look at it this way: If we get rid of that best album this year, then we have the rest for original albums with no fear of "hey, are they going to ruin this year with nothing but a best album?" later. In all honesty I just want them to get that best album out and get it over with. Though I'm still hoping they never have to release a best album, and we get an original this year, too.

The cynic in me expects the likes of SMEJ to sell a 'best of' type compilation as soon as they can get away with it, for sure! If it's given an overseas release I'd be much happier about it though. I don't know if there's a proper term for it, but the Japanese music industry is very 'inward-looking'...as in, they rarely acknowledge that the overseas market exists, and try to squeeze as much cash out of domestic fans as they can instead. It's a rant I could go on for ages, because I've read interviews with Japanese indie bands who play live abroad more often than at home, and/or would like to play live in Japan more often than they do. It's a difficult environment for them apparently.

Back on-topic: I'd say there are definitely enough B-sides and rarities to make an album out of them. I don't collect singles, so selfishly I'd welcome that! As for the 'With Strings'/Christmas live show, a release around the festive period would make sense...as would getting a Best-Of or some other 'special' release to coincide with a 'milestone' year for the group, e.g. anniversary live albums, etc.

Has the issue of release schedules been asked in interviews? Every songwriter seems to have a different workflow, but most seem to say "I do a new record when I have enough time to write and record and album's-worth of songs."

I am hoping she does not give up on Kala though, since we've already had Kimi no Gin but need a new single soon, it's usually the time where they announce one right? I know, I should give the girls some sort of break, since it is hard making even a single, let alone a full album. (I couldn't do it thinking of all the stress that goes into it.) But we'll see. This hasn't been announced yet so we just have to wait patiently.

I'm not excited about a best album, but I don't see it as something negative. I don't know who else does it here, but when I want to start to listen to a new artist, and if he/she has a lot of albums and a best one, I will listen to that (yes, I'm lazy). For me, it's an easy way to start entering the world of that artist, and maybe this is a way that others can start entering the world of Kalafina (and even more works of Yuki). :tea:

More info from Random~

-Release date July 16th
-There will be 4 versions:
  • THE BEST (Red Edition) [LE CD+BD] – SECL-1530~1
  • THE BEST (Blue Edition) [LE CD+BD] – SECL 1532~3
  • THE BEST (Red Edition) [CD] – SECL-1534
  • THE BEST (Blue Edition) [CD] – SECL 1535
-LE will be 4320yen, and normal will be 3240.

^ my first thought was the Red and Blue albums of the Beatles (probably because I saw a Beatles tribute concert today). But UHG the title

So this is happening... not sure to be excited or not. I hope that not all versions have a new song on them, since I do not have money right now. *sigh* There goes hope of new album, at least bring a couple new singles out.

Back