Kalafina Best album

How the hell can you get all those songs? :XD:And yes, it was the intro of Japan Expo showcase!

wait, according to the info grunty posted some days ago, heavenly blue is 5:20 long, so this misses 13 secs XD

keiko started talking before the song could finish so i have to remove her voice. But i forgot to remove some at the beginning of Prelude:XD:

PRELUDE! It makes so much sense now. At the Japan Expo concert, Prelude was played as the TV screen introduced Wakana, Hikaru and Keiko. Then the girls came onto the stage to perform misterioso. The Prelude was new for me so I thought" maybe they'll sing heavenly blue?" It all clicks now XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Hime! I kind of like prelude, just wish it was longer. Heavenly Blue is okay, still for me. Hikaru's second verse is a bit different from the first I think. I like Wakana's singing though, and the strings. What's that weird sound just after the tv size part ends though? That is new for Yuki I think. I will try not to listen to these songs too much before I get my copies next week. (Just got to the Kajiuran part. I love it! Is it just Hanae as main vocal, or is Yuriko in there too?) The guitar is cool as well.

Prelude is really nice, and yes it was played as an introduction before Misterioso at the Japan Expo showcase, didn't think I recognized it. That explains why. Not enough to get me to buy the compilation though.

^In that Kajiuran part in the middle? Cool. I will pay more attention the next time I listen. Thanks.

As Seasonreaper already said, Prelude was played before misterioso at Kalafinas live concert in Paris. I immediatly realized that.:XD: It follows the "misterioso" harmony and I also think it's nice, but I can't help being really disappointed. I really was hoping for a full song, but oh well... we have to content ourselves with what we get.:rain:

:nophoto:
― 『THE BEST “Red”』『THE BEST “Blue”』が2枚同時発売されるそうですが、ベスト盤のリリースが決まった時は、どう感じましたか?

Wakana:やはりベスト盤を出すのはひとつの夢でしたし、「ここまでKalafinaの楽曲が増えたんだ」という実感もできて、とても嬉しかったです。全ての曲に思い入れがあるので、知らない方にもぜひ聴いていただきたいですね。

Keiko:自分の中では、「ベストを出すのは早いんじゃないか」という思いもありましたが、Kalafinaはアルバムをコンスタントに出させていただき、スピード感のある活動をしてきたので、楽曲がかなり溜まっていることは実感していました。だから今までの活動の証をリリースできるのは、時期の早い・遅いは関係ないんだなと、徐々に切り替えて考えることができましたね。そして、ベストアルバムを出すことで、ここから広げていくスタートになるかもしれないと思えるようになりました。

Hikaru:最初は驚いて「えっ、ベスト出すんですか!?」と言っちゃったくらいなのですが(笑)、ベスト盤を出せることは本当に嬉しいので、ジーンと感動しました。いろんな人にKalafinaの音楽を聴いていただいていますが、一人でもより多くの人に聴いてもらいたいので、私たちを知る最初の一枚、とっかかりになればいいな、と思います。

― 『Red』と『Blue』、それぞれの曲のセレクトにこだわりはあったのですか?

Keiko:タイトルからイメージすると『Red』は情熱的な曲、『Blue』はクールなバラード系を集めていそうですが、名刺代わりになるアルバムですので、両方ともコンセプトは一緒なんです。どちらでも、聴けばKalafinaの音楽がわかります。

― この二枚の聴きどころは?

Wakana:収録する曲を並べた時に、「ライブのセットリストみたい」という印象を持ったんですよ。順番に聴いていくと、ちゃんとオープニングがあって、最後は壮大な形で終わる、まるでライブに来たかのような感覚に陥ります。

Keiko:時系列とか全く関係なく収録しているので、声の変化が面白く出ています。初期の曲は初期らしく、もう戻れない歌い方をしていますね。こういう変化が出るのは、ベストだからこそだと思います。

Hikaru:一枚通して聴いてもらえたら嬉しいな、と個人的には思います。Kalafinaって、「こういうジャンルです」と特定できないユニットですから、いろんな楽曲を歌っていることを知っていただくには、数曲聴いてもらうことが大切なんです。

― 一度聴いたらハマる魅力を、Kalafinaは持っていますよね。

Wakana:私たちの歌っている楽曲は、何にも属さないと思っています。梶浦(由記。Kalafinaのプロデューサー)さんの作る曲はとても個性的で、他では聴けないサウンドだということに関しては自信を持っています。そして私たちの楽曲には造語と日本語が入り交じっているので、聴くとすごく不思議な感覚になると思うんです。

― Kalafinaの世界観を伝えるために、気を遣っていることは多いと思います。美容面で気をつけていることはありますか?

Wakana:できるだけ睡眠時間を確保することです。女性だと、どうしても眠くなる時期がありますが、ついつい面白い本を読みふけってしまい、寝不足になって翌日クマが…なんてこともあります。そんなことを経て、「結局、身体を休めるには眠ることが一番だ」と気づきました。たき火の音や水の音を組み合わせるアプリを、睡眠導入に使っています。

Keiko:私は、お風呂にいる時間がすごく長いんです。1時間浸かったら、外に出て用事を済ませて、また戻るほど好きで。お風呂の中では映画を見たり、ゲームしたり、本を読んだり。海外ドラマが特に好きで、お風呂の中で『The OC』『ゴシップガール』のDVDをよく見ています。美しさのヒントも詰まっているので、女性にはお勧めですよ。

Hikaru:20歳で初めてメイクを覚えたので、美容には無頓着なほうなのですが、化粧水をひたひたに浸して顔中に貼るコットンパックを一年前から始めて、今はそれを続けています。今年に入ってから「ボディクリームを塗る」という誓いを立てて(笑)、それも継続中です。ボディクリームは、スチームクリームを愛用しています。

― そしてぜひ、ネットショッピングの経歴もお伺いしたいのですが。

Wakana:私はよく洋服を買います。先日、すごい奇跡があったんですよ! 電車に乗っていた時、目の前に座っている女性が履いていたサンダルがすごく可愛くて、「どこで買ったんですか?」と声をかけようか迷ったくらいなんです。でもさすがに勇気がなくて、「あの靴には二度と出会えないかも…」と諦めつつネットで探したら、すぐ見つけることができて。『Spick and Span』のサンダルだと判明しました。迷わず、即買いです。「ネット、ありがとう!」と思いました(笑)。

Keiko:私はを買っています。炭酸水と、『日田天領水』というミネラルウォーターですね。日田天領水は、ちょっと甘くておいしいんですよ。炭酸水には、ビタミンや美容サプリを混ぜて飲みます。お風呂に入ると、1日1リットルは最低でも飲みますので、を家に届けてもらえるのはありがたいです。

Hikaru:家にいることが多いのでネットはよく見ています。自分のほしいものや、友達へのプレゼントなど、よく活用していますね。先日も遠方の友人に、カリタのコーヒーミルを贈りました。彼女に「ほしいものは何?」と聞いたら、「これ」と帰ってきたのが、カリタのコーヒーミルが掲載されている楽天さんのページだったんですよ。

Keiko:プレゼントなのに、ノンサプライズだね(笑)。

― 最後にメッセージをお願いします!

Wakana:今回のベストアルバムには、私たちがひとつひとつ想いを込めて歌ってきた6年間が詰まっています。そして、もしベスト盤を聴いて「いいな」と思ってくださったらライブにも来て、動くKalafinaを見てくださいね。

I love it when they are smiling normally and not all serious (although I like that too sometimes). Wish they would do this more for covers of albums. Can someone translate?

somebody posted summary / translation of that interview on tumblr
http://jeweledbranchofhourai.tumblr...rom-this-interview-some-stock-questions-but-a

• wakana uses an app that combines the sound of both fire and water to help her sleep. beauty sleep is her mantra!
  • keiko likes to take hour-long baths and does things in them huehuehue
  • keiko watches The O.C. and Gossip Girl?!?!?!?! (while bathing, btw.) i didn’t expect that at all omg
  • in terms of online shopping, wakana buys clothes (she goes on a rant about how the net helped her find a certain pair of sandals she saw on a woman the other day on the train. “net, thank you!!”), keiko buys…. water, and hikaru buys gifts for other people
  • keiko laughs here after hikaru elaborates on buying coffee as a present the other day, because her friend wanted it after hikaru asked. “even though it’s a present, it’s not very surprising!”
  • their fave products are recommended here! wakana’s been using a certain foot massager for over 10 years now.
  • keiko uses a face massager. (it looks a bit odd; definitely not for me lol)
  • hikaru says lip balm is the way to go, since she has sensitive skin/lips

YES KEIKO WATCHES GOSSIP GIRL! And she watches the O.C., no wonder she tried to style her hair after Mischa Barton (according to an interview I forgot when). - sorry for the OOT, btw.

Aww, Hikaru buying for other people, I like doing that too when I have money, which now I do not. And I also use a lot of lip balm since my lips are always dry. We are so alike! Umm... Keiko doing things in the bath? Don't even know how to respond to that. lol

Back