Kalafina @ Anime Expo 2011 + ATTENDANCE ROSTER

Re:

EDIT: MAJOR OOPS. Never read Keiri's post! Apologies!! Here's my own take anyway...

murrue02 said:
kind a interested if Kalafina would probably sing a Celine Dion song :plot:

"A World to Believe In" anyone? :psst:

Hikaru to take Celine Dion's parts. Wakana to take Yuna Ito's parts. Keiko on chorus. And the whole song will have to be moved up by half an octave. :innocent:

Re:

elcazador said:
北米最大のアニメ博「Anime Expo 2011」でのKalafinaライブは満員のファンで熱狂!
http://oh-news.net/live/?p=96772
Huh... I'm in a couple of those pix, but not really. Clapping hands in front of stage. Behind Hikaru, my head's cut off (I was in yellow). Fail. :ohoho:

It's really great to hear that everyone had fun during the concert and nice to know they've gained a lot of new fans as well from what I've read in some people's tweets :D. Just a bit of an odd question... Did you all do the full circular arm swinging during Kyrie and the classic one finger during Ongaku?

I did. :dote:

Im so envious of you! Btw welcome to the cpm forum both of you
Arigatou gozaimasu George! Yes it's good to finally find a forum for Yuki Kajiura and all of her wonderful works :sohappy:

Thank you so much wintersviolet for putting screen shoots of Kalafina's interview at Crunchyroll!! I really hope that if people don't put videos up, there will be snipets of their concert on their 3rd album ( like they did with Anime Boston on their Red Moon live dvd) Kyah I can imagine Celion Dion and Wakana doing a duet version of ' My Heart will go on' The power that those two voice could make :nosebleed:

il0vesunfl0wers:
Huh... I'm in a couple of those pix, but not really. Clapping hands in front of stage. Behind Hikaru, my head's cut off (I was in yellow). Fail.

I see you !! Your poor head :omg: Don't worry, at least you have photographic evidence of your complete dedication to Kalafina. For me...it's still a dream that continues to taunt me :uh..:

I'm in the picture too yay! it turns out that Kalafina had one more signing today around 12:30 so I was unprepared and didn't have anything for them to sign so I bought one of the magia photobooks (at this point they only had a couple of notebooks and keychains left). Went to the back of the line and got it signed in 30 minutes. Such a short wait in comparison to the other two past two autograph lines.

Also they remembered me and I'm not even in cosplay!!! Hikaru said (in Japanese): wow a lot of people today came yesterday too. And I said "uh huh!" When I got to Keiko she also said (in Japanese)"I remember you from yesterday" so I got flustered and only thanked her. Wakana didn't say anything. :/ but its okay it made me happy that they remembered me from yesterday and to get my magia notebook autographed.

Now, let's see what i can remember from the concert....

Fairytale: they still walk around, but this time they blew imaginary FAIRY DUST. Also, Hikaru didn't fail her SAYONARAAAAAAAAAA.

Kyrie: they waved their arms at the beginning, and Keiko was very VERY SEXY, but not in a slutty way.

Sprinter: Wakana and Hikaru pointed at me during the KIMI NI AITAI :dote:, and this version was better than the one from Red Moon Live.

Other stuff.

-Each of them had a sheet of paper with the English stuff they were going to say (Keiko was holding her sheet upside down). They also spoke in Japanese.

-As soon as Kagayaku ended, Hikaru walked away from the stage, and when Wakana introduced them she was like "Hikaru!?" "HIKARU!?"

-they were saying that they wanted to visit Disneyland and Long Beach, and that it was a beautiful place. Then someone from the audience say STAY IN L.A., and YOU CAN STAY IN MY HOUSE, and Hikaru got really shy.

that was fun (reading all of your reactions) what can i say, i really wanna see them too.i mean who doesn't. :ohoho:

Kalafina should sing a new song with Celine Dion not the one Celine collaborated with Yuna Ito
:ayashii:

Kyuubey is green with envy.

Kyuubey goes off to sulk in a corner. :spotlight:

Just kidding :XD:

kyuubey is turning into a homunculus (envy) :ohoho:

What is your favorite thing about working with Yuki Kajiura?

We are extremely impressed with the way Kajiura is able to harmonize all of our voices together. It is very touching and moving. We are very thankful.
that's my favorite too :shy:

Re:

Kowz said:
Keiri said:
It's really great to hear that everyone had fun during the concert and nice to know they've gained a lot of new fans as well from what I've read in some people's tweets :D. Just a bit of an odd question... Did you all do the full circular arm swinging during Kyrie and the classic one finger during Ongaku?

I did. :dote:
AWSM!!!! :TdT:

Kowz said:
Now, let's see what i can remember from the concert....

Fairytale: they still walk around, but this time they blew imaginary FAIRY DUST. Also, Hikaru didn't fail her SAYONARAAAAAAAAAA.

Kyrie: they waved their arms at the beginning, and Keiko was very VERY SEXY, but not in a slutty way.

Sprinter: Wakana and Hikaru pointed at me during the KIMI NI AITAI :dote:, and this version was better than the one from Red Moon Live.

Other stuff.

-Each of them had a sheet of paper with the English stuff they were going to say (Keiko was holding her sheet upside down). They also spoke in Japanese.

-As soon as Kagayaku ended, Hikaru walked away from the stage, and when Wakana introduced them she was like "Hikaru!?" "HIKARU!?"

-they were saying that they wanted to visit Disneyland and Long Beach, and that it was a beautiful place. Then someone from the audience say STAY IN L.A., and YOU CAN STAY IN MY HOUSE, and Hikaru got really shy.
Thank you for sharing more details of your experience! :dote:

Ah, the girls are as entertaining as ever, especially during their MCs. That was adorable and hilarious! :XD:

i thought of "world to believe in" as the girls' celine dion song too :XD:

and thanks kowz for the report, they're as cute as ever. :shy:

(they wanna visit long beach, huh? the aquarium of the pacific is there, wakana would love it :psst: )

Re:

Kowz said:

I WANNA SEE :wai:

PeachPitt321 said:
il0vesunfl0wers:
Huh... I'm in a couple of those pix, but not really. Clapping hands in front of stage. Behind Hikaru, my head's cut off (I was in yellow). Fail.

I see you !! Your poor head :omg: Don't worry, at least you have photographic evidence of your complete dedication to Kalafina. For me...it's still a dream that continues to taunt me :uh..:

Oh well, hehe. It's all immortalized in the pictures/vids in my mind. Just remember, dreams do come true, so yours will, too!

Kowz said:

Keiko was - IS - indeed uber sexy!!! :nosebleed: They all have their own kind of stage presence, but Keiko's is simply arresting! I tried to watch all of them equally, but Keiko just keeps stealing the spotlight. :XD:

That was funny when Hikaru walked off and Keiko and Wakana were looking for her. I swear, if left on their own, Keiko and Wakana would have their own stand up comedy act. :XD:

Correction: Santa Monica beach, not Long Beach. She mentioned this also at the panel.

That was hilarious when someone screamed about offering for them to stay in their house. But then someone else screamed, "My house is better!" :ohoho:

il0vesunfl0wers: I was standing next to you during the concert! (the one to your right in the picture) :XD:

I wish I could go back to Saturday. :comeback: hahaa

shiro said:
il0vesunfl0wers: I was standing next to you during the concert! (the one to your right in the picture) :XD:

I wish I could go back to Saturday. :comeback: hahaa

Oh hey! Cool, you're the 2nd person from CPM I met that day. The other is blueblueky. Yeah, that was a really awesome experience. That was funny us trying to read the setlist that was taped on the stage floor, upside down no less, but we did a pretty good job though, huh? :ayashii: I managed to get a copy of one of those set lists. :XD:

I got this autographed (my fave pic from the Red Moon CD booklet, so I just had to get them to sign it!)

5903678933_00c7cb6c8f.jpg

I wasn't able to sneak a picture at the autograph area. I got busted dammit, lol. The guy next to me was stealthier, I guess, because he was able to get a pic of them without anyone noticing! I at least have the memory of my interaction with each of them as they were signing the booklet. I told them each: "Hello from San Francisco!" Their reactions:

Hikaru just smiled prettily and said thank you.

Keiko grinned and said animatedly, "I love San Francisco! And I love Los Angeles!" and said "arigato gozaimasu" back.

Wakana smiled and said, "Oh, you know I'm from Japan!" and we both laughed. She's so silly. She also said my hat was cute - I was wearing a Stitch hat (from Disney's Lilo & Stitch) where it looks like he's biting my head, lol.

Back