Kalafina @ Anime Expo 2011 + ATTENDANCE ROSTER

AYYX said:
Me thinks Europe will indefinitely have superior odds compared to Singapore...

Do you know that Europe is a full continent (with a lot of countries on it) not just a country like Singapore?

So the probablity is bigger :XD:

110703 Short Summary for Kalafina interview @AnimeExpo, LA (at 5pm, just a few minutes ago)

- The MC asked that where in US do they want to go to have a concert next time. Their answers are New York, Chicago, and I can't remember another one..sorry..Orz.

- So many Canadian fans sending messages that they want Kalafina to come to Canada..(Yes..Canada please...>_____<)

- They're asked that which American singers that they want to sing with. Hikaru wants to sing with Beyonce, while Wakana chose Celine Dion (oh...it's so Wakana-like style...lol.) Keiko didn't answer.

They have just broadcasted the livestream via crunchyroll...I'm so lucky that I saw the link from Twitter just a few minutes before it starts..>___<.

Dammit, when i saw it on twitter, was the end already DD:
Just see they laughing trying to say something xD

But after that, there was a few otakus on video, was fun xD

i recorded the interview.
?prouotf4z6hbwdf

not the clearest but you can hear the talking. ignore the camera sounds, that was me taking screenshots.

warning: if you're expecting awesome/new questions you will be disappointed. although kalafina was really cute.

bf4b049c784ecba21452358bc82db337915682d8dab9290d946ce07ef297070f5g.jpg

the english-speaking interviewer was on the left side so they turned towards her first....

0f72ccad1a9fc22a138f33e1f62923bddf3a70c1cf144b0149618e8b67472cc85g.jpg

and the translator was on the right, so then they looked in her direction....

and this pretty much went on all interview. :XD: :XD:

notable cute moments:
-wakana and hikaru were willing to keep turning left and right (out of politeness' sake) but keiko gave up on swiveling her head after a few times and resorted to keeping her head straight with her eyes sort of pointed in the direction that the person was talking :XD:
- wakana and keiko having a hard time remembering/saying crunchyroll, and both looking at hikaru at the same time for help
-wakana and keiko trying to get the word "crunchyroll" out and laughing
- keiko doing a little head shake while still trying to tackle "crunchyroll" and failing

Re:

Kagaribi no Hanabira said:
- The MC asked that where in US do they want to go to have a concert next time. Their answers are New York, Chicago, and I can't remember another one..sorry..Orz.

Oh, New York, please, please, please... :plz: :bow:

Actually, I'll even take Chicago. Anything near the East Coast! :wai:

Kagaribi no Hanabira said:
- They're asked that which American singers that they want to sing with. Hikaru wants to sing with Beyonce, while Wakana chose Celine Dion (oh...it's so Wakana-like style...lol.) Keiko didn't answer.

Beyonce, Celine Dion...they're not good enough for Hikaru and Wakana! :blood:

I'm pretty much a Japanese music fan now :imdead:

Re:

wintersviolet said:
i recorded the interview.
?prouotf4z6hbwdf
*Kowtows to winter* :bow:

wintersviolet said:
notable cute moments:
-wakana and hikaru were willing to keep turning left and right (out of politeness' sake) but keiko gave up on swiveling her head after a few times and resorted to keeping her head straight with her eyes sort of pointed in the direction that the person was talking :XD:
- wakana and keiko having a hard time remembering/saying crunchyroll, and both looking at hikaru at the same time for help
-wakana and keiko trying to get the word "crunchyroll" out and laughing
- keiko doing a little head shake while still trying to tackle "crunchyroll" and failing
Darn, wish I had seen that! They must have been adorable! :shy:

Hope there's a repeat of the stream but if there isn't, I'll just content myself with the ripped audio then. ^^

Re: Re:

Thanks winsta... :bow:

ninetales said:

ARE YOU KIDDING :omg:

Hi!! :sohappy: i was expecting "progressive" live, anyway...now that i saw THEM live, i'm now TOTALLY and ETERNALLY a Kalafina fan!! :dote: :dote: :dote:

Now i'm wishing for a YK + FJ live next time, that would be double awesome!! :nosebleed:

Re: Re:

Yuki88 said:
Thanks winsta... :bow:

ninetales said:

ARE YOU KIDDING :omg:
Hmm...:confu:..in my opinion, it's so difficult to compare the ability of our girls with singers who sings another genre of music. There are much more singing techniques that we haven't heard from Kalafina girls because Yuki haven't used them in her song. (for example, Jazz's improvisation) It doesn't mean that they can't do, they may be able to do, but we haven't heard or they may not be able now, but they'll do well if they learn it. I can't tell who's better if I haven't heard Wakana sing Celine's song and Celine sing Kalafina's song.. :XD: . The same rule is applied for Hikaru&Beyonce...lol.

moichispa said:
AYYX said:
Me thinks Europe will indefinitely have superior odds compared to Singapore...

Do you know that Europe is a full continent (with a lot of countries on it) not just a country like Singapore?

So the probablity is bigger :XD:

Yes, that's exactly why!!!!!!! :wai:

@Kagaribi no Hanabira:
Haha certainly yeah :XD:

but Celine Dion and Beyonce are two singers I actually like beyond Japanese music so... :touched:

^
You know... I wonder what it'll be like if Kalafina collaborated with either of them. Celion Dion's routine would be pretty much expected but I can't imagine what it would look like if they went along with one of Beyonce's more upbeat tunes, like oh... "Move Your Body"? :XD:

Haha yeah, Beyonce has slower and more laidback ballad-like songs but the imagination of the girls doing her dance songs is... :ohoho: (even better if there's a music video) *Is slapped, bricked, kicked*

AYYX said:
Yes, that's exactly why!!!!!!! :wai:
Hmm... Know anyone who's part of the AFA team? Bug them. :stars:

kind a interested if Kalafina would probably sing a Celine Dion song :plot:

Re:

Yuki88 said:
^ they can do any of Destiny's child's ballads :stars:
Oh ya! Why didn't I think of that? That sounds perfect! :stars:

murrue02 said:
kind a interested if Kalafina would probably sing a Celine Dion song :plot:
They probably could do it like how Ito Yuna did with Celine in "Anata ga Iru Kagiri ~A WORLD TO BELIEVE IN~". Sing the song in half Japanese and English. :ayashii:

Back