Kalafina 21st single "Hyakka Ryouran" (Katsugeki Touken Ranbu ED)

It was just an observant afterthought, really, while considering the factors playing into opinions of the sound that lean toward "it's PH2, hope lost".

Am too lazy to read others wall of text other than grunty's and george's.

This is pretty damn rude but uh, okay.

Geez. Some people never change, as always.
There really is no need to be a douche in making your point by being apprehensive with what other people think about it.
Anyways no matter how "trash" the song is, it becomes wonderful once they get to sing it live (blaze and One Light in AFHK live was a blast, even though I don't really like them much)

Anyways, I agree with most here that the sample of the song shares similarities to Parallel Hearts, but then again the overall song may sound different than expected. Looking forward to hear the song in full soon.

I literally have no idea how so much can be said and even concluded about the song from what we've seen so far, and I have a Master degree in music theory.

The users here are just pointing out some similarities because that's their initial impression from the given sample you know (liking and disliking is a matter of preference), there's nothing wrong with that . Not just here, some twits also remind them of PH and I also see someone mentioning distance (but they more concerned on who will likely to die lol).

It was just an observant afterthought, really, while considering the factors playing into opinions of the sound that lean toward "it's PH2, hope lost".

This is pretty damn rude but uh, okay.

Uhh I observed most here will wait for the full version and 1-2? only tends to dislike the song because similar sounding bothered them (which I completely understand). It feels like you are complaining about their complains :XD:. For me, I'd rather stay in a fanbase with polarizing opinions than those who will like all what is given.

I can see drawing some comparisons and inferences from the less than 1 minute clip. But people are jumping all the way down to final opinions based on it….seems like a really really reactive fanbase. At least give them the benefit of the doubt before dismissing the song entirely or forming a final analysis of it…

Well then. It's been a while since I deleted all the text before actually posting.

I can see drawing some comparisons and inferences from the less than 1 minute clip. But people are jumping all the way down to final opinions based on it….seems like a really really reactive fanbase. At least give them the benefit of the doubt before dismissing the song entirely or forming a final analysis of it…

tldr: I'm not seeing any analyses above your post and I feel perfectly justified in not being excited for the full song (that is coming in 2 months) after not liking the whole refrain (available now).

^Just wait :XD:
The thing that fascinates me about this forum is how, no matter what the topic is, we always end up with the same arguments. It's like an infinite time loop :vortex:

It's okay. We have experts with Masters in music theory in the building to tell us what "good songs" are and how to feel about everything we listen to. (j/k I'm absolutely acting like an ass now. Couldn't pass up this opportunity.)

I'm cautiously optimistic for the new song. I liked the sample, though I enjoy PH. Was a bit disappointed at the lack of the Japanese traditional style, but based on the report in the other thread, I'm more hopeful. Still, I worry that the supposed differences between the verse, chorus, and bridge aren't going to transition well. Kind of like how Hikaru's verses in HB never really seemed to mesh with the rest of the song imo. We'll see soon enough!

Uhh I observed most here will wait for the full version and 1-2? only tends to dislike the song because similar sounding bothered them (which I completely understand). It feels like you are complaining about their complains. For me, I'd rather stay in a fanbase with polarizing opinions than those who will like all what is given.

Most if not all of my posts in this thread so far have been in anticipation of such complaints from others being contagious. I will admit that I'm carrying over such a mindset from my experience in the thread of Marchen (especially when we got a full 90-second taste of the song), where I passionately defended the song's uniqueness from "in every nothing", where a pretty identical argument had been taking place. Of course, it's not mid-July yet -- the show has not aired, and so the case is not the same, but I am honestly expecting it. (Yeah, pretty negative thinking for the positive-minded person, I realize that.)

But going off-topic, @Spirica Rose makes another hugely accurate point that I'd never truly been able to describe to myself. Since several intriguing yet distinct descriptions were used in describing the potential of the full single, I most certainly do hope that the transitions come off as . . . at least well-thought-out (my off-the-top personal examples include Natsu no Asa, Signal and Red Moon), if not truly aesthetically pleasing (such as how songs like RYB, Musunde Hiraku and Moonfesta's transitions contribute very well to their inspirational/celebratory sounds and Yami no Uta, Koibito, and Kyrie's contribute to their darker sounds), instead of coming off as jarring (i.e. Heavenly Blue and, truthfully, Marchen, even though I like it) or being too . . . I don't know, mundane (which in my opinion would include snow falling and, to an extent, Kagayaku). I think all of those would stand to their adjective even if sung by the ladies acapella, but it's just my personal opinion.

Ugliest coverarts ever. As if its song for Kill Bill or Blood C or something :(
My guess is that the b-sides one will be ballad and the other rockish.

does giving us instrumental for all 3 track mean other 2 will be used as an insert in the anime ? Or its just change of policy ?

Can someone romanise the titles ?

Back